Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Chapter Events (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/285575-chapter-events.html)

JohnT 09-20-2004 05:10 PM

Chapter Events

As Event Coordinator of the IL Chapter, I'd like to try and plan some fun events for the Chapter. Two events that I know of right now are the cruise night Friday at Steak 'N Shake in Tinley Park and the cruise night Sunday at Lindys'/Gerties (Aldis parking lot) in Oak Forest. Check out the threads that I have posted on this site for more info on these events. Unfortnately, we don't have too much time left before the weather turns too bad for cruise nights. Maybe another month, at the most. Does anybody else have any suggestions for an event? What does everybody like to do? I would like to plan some other events besides just cruise nights and car shows. Any ideas??

Fastronald 09-20-2004 06:49 PM

Chapter Events

Okay everyone........here's your chance to share your thoughts and ideas with John. John has been very active in attending cruise nights and shows and surely knows some great ones for us. I also agree that the season is drawing to a close for some events. Let John know what you would like and I'm sure he'll find us a lot of choices.

Fastronald 09-22-2004 12:17 PM

Chapter Events

Does NASCAR hold their Truck Racing series at US 66?

carras 09-26-2004 08:43 PM

I went on the Route 66 website and saw that there is a swapmeet scheduled for Oct17th. Last year there was a swapmeet held at the Chicagoland Speedway around this time and saw quite a bit of Ford parts. Don't know about what the route66 meet will have.

JohnT 10-01-2004 04:06 PM

Halloween Party?

Would anyone be interested in having a FTE IL Chapter Halloween party?

95F250NUT 10-01-2004 04:39 PM

Boo !!!!!!!:eek: Lets see what everyone else has to say John. Thats not a bad idea

Fastronald 10-03-2004 08:44 AM

Party

What do you have in mind John?

C Mionske/Cook 10-03-2004 09:19 PM

Okay all you Goblins and Ghouls. Who's up for some halloween fun?
Enlighten us John as to what you have in mind. I'm game......Carol

JohnT 10-04-2004 04:51 PM

I was thinking that on Halloween weekend we could get all get together for a Halloween party. We could all dress-up in costumes, and we could bring some snacks and stuff. I'm not too sure where a good location for this would be, anybody have any ideas? Most likely, the weather will be too cold to do this outdoors, so we may want to consider indoor locations. However, outside would probably be more fun! Also, if we were to do this after dark, we could tell ghost stories and try to scare each other. I know some good ones! Maybe we could have a pumpkin carving contest, too.

JohnT 10-14-2004 07:03 PM

Halloween Party?

Just thought I'd check and see if anybody is interested in my idea for a Chapter Halloween party. Carol and I are interested, is anyone else?--John

95F250NUT 10-14-2004 07:31 PM

Hey John - Im working day and night all next week and going to Miami on Friday - The last week of October Im working 12 hour days and Im going to Michigan on the 28-30 so I wont make it - Sorry and have a good time - Tim https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=57261&.jpg

C Mionske/Cook 10-14-2004 07:34 PM

John? Ya there?

JohnT 10-14-2004 07:38 PM

Hey Tim, cool Halloween picture! Sorry you can't make the Halloween party.-John

carras 10-17-2004 09:31 PM

I went to the swapmeet at Chicagoland Speedway today. Not many ford truck parts, but I did see a nice '47 ford pickup, 1/2 ton from Ottawa, Il for sale. needed restoration - they're out there

theracingtouch 02-07-2005 11:03 AM

John, I am new to the forumn, but you should look into the auto show that is held at Gateway international raceway in Madison, Il. We maybe could join there at a corner of the raceway. It does however cost to get in, but for what it is to look at everyone else's rides, it is well worth it. Later in the weekend, there is a cruise that goes from madison, Il through st louis, MO. It is great, watched it 1 time and fell in love. Please look into this as I think we could get alot of the southern IlL guys involved in this one.