Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Suggestion - 48 - 60 Members (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/284638-suggestion-48-60-members.html)

4tl8ford 09-18-2004 09:11 AM

Suggestion - 48 - 60 Members

Why don't we all update our profiles, and please include your location.
It would be nice to know where an individual was from, especially when trying to direct someone to a source for help/parts/whatever.

And yes, I'm too darn lazy to go searching for the information, I'm Old and have earned the right to be this way. :-X09

fatfenders 09-19-2004 07:23 AM

Very good idea Dick. It sure helps to know what year their truck is too. That info is often not included in the post.

Christopher2 09-19-2004 08:17 AM

OK, I put the truck year and model in my signature so I know it gets there every time.

tlb 09-19-2004 09:13 AM

I think it is a good idea to put where you are from in profile. You might find a neighbor or someone nearby that you don't know about that has same interest.

gwcrutch 09-19-2004 09:22 AM

uh....where is "edit profile" hidden? or is it right in front of me?
thanks,
crutch :-huh

Sixoh 09-19-2004 09:29 AM

Hey I updated mine.....people need to stick pictures in there too, of their trucks if they have a truck.

It's aggravating to find a new member (with at least 20 posts) and there's no info on the profile or pics in the gallery. You might as well go find a chat room someplace if you don't want us to know anything about you. We aren't stalkers, this is supposed to be a place with guys and gals w/stuff in common. It works better if we all know each other on a more personal level than as a screen name only.

Be part of the group! :)

- Anonymous

Christopher2 09-19-2004 10:47 AM

Click on user Cp at the top left of a page.

Originally Posted by gwcrutch
uh....where is "edit profile" hidden? or is it right in front of me?
thanks,
crutch :-huh

richard jobe 09-19-2004 12:49 PM

count me in

i have 1950 f1 running flathead & granny 4sp channelview texas i read lots
here kinda shy about this forum thanks richard jobe

4tl8ford 09-19-2004 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by richard jobe
i have 1950 f1 running flathead & granny 4sp channelview texas i read lots
here kinda shy about this forum thanks richard jobe

Ah, Richard, Just where is "Old cars and Trucks"?

texasbob 09-19-2004 03:11 PM

Now yer just gonna make him shyer,or is that more shy?

OldSchoolRodz 09-19-2004 06:07 PM

I'm a Luddite

Well fellers, much as I tried to load Pic's into my gallery... Well, you won't find any. I'm gonna have to hire some smart yung whippersnapper who understands these new fangled contraptions. It would help if I could find where I saved those Pic's. I did save em, didn't I? Oh well, I don't have to be competant at everything. David

OilLeaks 09-19-2004 06:18 PM

Okay, updated my profile and David...no fears with the gallery pictures thing. Took me about a year to finally get some pictures in there - with my slow pc and land line I had to load them one at a time to keep it from going belly up. But because of this post I finally installed an avatar of my old truck just the way I found it.

Leaks!

himmelberg 09-19-2004 07:34 PM

OK, Penn Dick... you shamed me into revealing where in west Texas himmelberg lives. I had always thought that being somewhat vague would make placing those artillery shells from Iowa a bit more difficult. 8D

Good idea about filling out the profiles... would be nice if it caught on.

best. himmelberg

4tl8ford 09-20-2004 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by himmelberg
OK, Penn Dick... you shamed me into revealing where in west Texas himmelberg lives. I had always thought that being somewhat vague would make placing those artillery shells from Iowa a bit more difficult. 8D

best. himmelberg

I was a Bit worried about that myself in the beginning, but after seeing how many blanks are fired and how far off the mark they are, I am no longer concerned.

"Fire in the hole" :-X01

fatfenders 09-20-2004 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by himmelberg

best. himmelberg

Midland? I see you and the big guy are neighbors. :)