Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   VT,NH,No. MA off-roading? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/268959-vt-nh-no-ma-off-roading.html)

Silverback 08-07-2004 09:16 AM

VT,NH,No. MA off-roading?

Are there any places for a real newbie to get his feet wet at this 4X4 thing? I can travel a reasonable distance w/in NH, VT, or No. MA, and I'm not looking for anything really 'exotic' (no rock-crawling, or low-level flying:rolleyes: ) I just wanna have some fun!

fords8 08-07-2004 09:57 AM

I think there is a place near N. Adams, Ma. Not sure tho. Do a Google search and that might help.

robduval 08-07-2004 10:49 AM

there's a couple of places in weare and henniker nh. if you go pokeing around in weare stay out of clough state park. it's army corp of engineers property and if they catch you in there they'll conifscate your ride.

Silverback 08-07-2004 10:47 PM

Along with rock-crawling and low-level flying, getting busted for trespassing is also on my "NOT-to-do" list:o !!! I was hoping for a LEGAL place! Not necessarily a competition, just somewhere I can exploreOo. without having to watch out for 'bears'!:'(

robduval 08-08-2004 01:52 AM

from my research any road in nh posted class 3 fire roads are leagle to ride on. your just passing at your own risk. some of them cross private property though so watch out if they do and it's posted try to get land owner permission.

MustangGT221 08-08-2004 06:40 AM

There is a good place in Essex MA for a person to get their feet wet, it's about a 1/2 hour drive from where I live. You can also check out Gloucester, MA, they have a 4x4 club called MASS Mudders (they have a website too).

Silverback 08-08-2004 06:24 PM

robduvall & MustangGT221, Thanks for those bits of info. I get to essex and Gloucester once in a while for work, so I'll see what I can learn. As for the NH fire roads, that's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. When I was a kid, we'd use my uncle's WWII Willys Jeep to explore old logging roads. That was the greatest fun!!! I'd love to be able to share that experience w/ the grandkids!!!

robduval 08-08-2004 07:52 PM

no problem silverback. if your ever going to be in the brookeline area and wan't to do a little trail rideing shoot me an e-mail and i'll show you some good trails. we're moving there this weekend and i all ready took the liberty to scout some trails.

MustangGT221 08-08-2004 08:13 PM

I found a really nice setup in essex...no major vehicle damaging articles and it's really good for a moderate rig. My truck would have no problem but I sitll want to bring it there and try it out.

sglaine 08-11-2004 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silverback
Are there any places for a real newbie to get his feet wet at this 4X4 thing? I can travel a reasonable distance w/in NH, VT, or No. MA, and I'm not looking for anything really 'exotic' (no rock-crawling, or low-level flying:rolleyes: ) I just wanna have some fun!

There are plenty of place's around here. I will fill you in on that when you come to the BBQ.

robduval 08-11-2004 07:33 PM

cheater. that's black mail and thread highjacking.:-X01 lol hey sglaine call me.

Silverback 08-14-2004 08:30 AM

No 'blackmail' necessary! I hope to be coming- and bring the 'crew'!

sglaine 08-14-2004 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by robduval
cheater. that's black mail and thread highjacking.:-X01 lol hey sglaine call me.

I'll call you when you email me your #

robduval 08-14-2004 07:58 PM

i e-mailed it to you the other day. i take it you didn't get it. i just e-mailed it to you again. rob

robduval 10-04-2004 10:17 PM

hey silverback we moved to brookline nh about a month ago and the trails out here are great. all different types of terain. when i get some more time i want to get out on some more of them. i also want to talk to some of the people to find out how the police are with sort of thing. i'll post back here as soon as i have more info.