Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   A logo question for all members. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/266939-a-logo-question-for-all-members.html)

Fordlover55 08-01-2004 05:01 PM

A logo question for all members.

OK..I know we have a half dozen threads with logo designs and to be quite frank about things, even though I designed the one with the horseman on it, I think it still needs more work to be a work of art...if that's what we want. I'd still like to keep it simple as possible but possibly add a tad more color....or not. I have a couple ideas going through my mind, specially after looking at some of the other state chapter logos.

Now, I do like the bumper sticker design. I think it is really nice, if we are to keep the horsman and the "Drifters" as part of our name. But if you check out the Texas Chapter's logo...I am really impressed with it's design. Check this thread out ... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=264161 and let me know what you all think.

We could also change the Drifters logo, to include the horseman, only fade it behind a larger FTE logo, with High Plains Drifters ( or Chapter..depending on what admin wants) around the outside of the rider, similar to the way it is now. The main reason Im looking at change is because of the apparent fallout between myself and the guy who was doing the final resizing and cleaning up of images to make them printable.

Anyway... I'd like as much input as possible. I know matt wants the bumper sticker...and I like it too...so lets have a chat here and see what yall think.

Also, remember that the high plains chapter may only be a temporary chapter as we all grow and get enough members for form a chapter for each state.

MontanaFord 08-02-2004 01:37 AM

why couldn't a future "Montana Chapter" still be dubbed the "High Plains Drifters"?? we're still the high plains...well, the eastern 5/6th's of the state, anyway...anyway...a bumper sticker is something i probably will be interested in, even if i don't put it on my truck right away, due to the fact that my truck is probably going to get an entire new body before i'm done with it....

Michael

Matts72 08-03-2004 07:18 PM

Its fine, Dick! print em up and send em out!

Fordlover55 08-03-2004 09:42 PM

Matt, you have email.

I also sent the images to Dennis. I personally just love the bumper sticker design as being the logo AND shirt design. A lot less complicated and simple. Once I get approval on them, I'm going to order somewhere between 30 and 50 bumper stickers and will make a post..or send you a pic of one of the stickers to post, with a price to send me that will include postage & envelope...probably a protected envelope with padding. I'll have individuals email me rather than post my mailing addy for the world to see.

Also, I already have a start on planning a logo for a Montana Chapter. It's going to be simple too. The reason I want to leave the High Plains out of the Montana logo is because those of us west of the Divide, don't really feel part of any plains. So..to hopefully gain interest from more of our fellow Montanans, I'd like to work on a design that would appeal to the whole state. I have several thoughts flitting about in my head for this so...we shall see what happens. I may see if I can get enough interest from the current Montana members of FTE to start the chapter process. During the email session recruiting for the Drifters, we got very little response. For what reasons I have no idea. But... I may start the ball rolling soon enough.

Bumper/window sticker.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=50280&.jpg

Shirt logo.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=50279&.jpg

Check the ClubFTE general chapter forum or my Gallery for the other one.:)

Fordlover55 08-05-2004 09:38 PM

Either everyone is on vacation or no one but three or four of us seem to really give a rats patootie. I'm thinking I'm not going to have very many bumper/window stickers made right off. Next week, I go back on my regular schedule after working Monday. I will do what I can about getting a few stickers made then. I don't think I'll go for any more than I can initially get away with.

MontanaFord 08-10-2004 10:35 PM

if ya need help w/ some funding, let me know, Dick...i'm plannin on some good OT the next couple checks, cuz i need extra gas money for bow season...my boss ain't gonna like me come bow season, cuz he ain't gonna git many saturdays outta me...lol...

Michael

Fordlover55 08-10-2004 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by MontanaFord
if ya need help w/ some funding, let me know, Dick...i'm plannin on some good OT the next couple checks, cuz i need extra gas money for bow season...my boss ain't gonna like me come bow season, cuz he ain't gonna git many saturdays outta me...lol...

Michael

Hey...much appreciated my young friend. Only thing I request is cost on the stickers... and postage etc for those I mail em to. Am working on a plain logo sticker like pictured and seeing if I can get them to merge a colored background behind the rider so there might be two offerings for the bumper sticker. Ve shall see.

fellro86 08-11-2004 12:42 AM

Depends upon what you are looking at for cost, if what I thought I read about being pretty high price for a sticker, I'd have to decline, but if it is about normal for a sticker, I'd be interested. Email me if you don't want to post it.

Diesel Truck Driver 09-04-2004 12:42 AM

OK, another post about living in the Black Hills area. I can agree with the comments about not being a part of the plains, as I live at 5600 feet in elevation. Our climate, terrain, and weather is very similar to the Glacier Park area. I just found this info tonight, so I am looking forward to reading more on these things you guys are posting.

Fordlover55 09-04-2004 09:59 PM

That's why the FTE admin set all four states ( used to be 5 ) up as the HIGH Plains Chapter. Then we took the High Plains, added Clint Eastwood (cough cough) and decided to call ourselves the Drifters. Nobody's shot us yet, so we must be on the right track. Plus.. the high plains is the northern part of the Great Plains of the US.... that may have another something to do with it.

mont974x4 09-07-2004 10:07 PM

I hope ya don't mind some input froma newbie, but I like both of those ideas but I think doing the border on window/bumper sticker in barbed wire would look good.

Fordlover55 09-07-2004 10:53 PM

And where were you when we spent 6 months designing the logo? Oh, thats right..you weren't on FTE yet! dang! Sounds like a good idea though and may be able to incorporate it into another design in the future. Thanks!

mont974x4 09-08-2004 07:17 AM

shhhh I was on Ford Truck World. I know we have other members from there migrating this way.

Fordlover55 09-08-2004 07:09 PM

AHHHHH! I love a good migration. I hope they realize this is a very family oriented site. Hey..have you clicked the JOIN button yet? I'm gonna go look rat now!;)

mont974x4 09-08-2004 07:28 PM

:lol I just clicked it. How many chapters can I join? I have a few friends in Alberta.