Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   I'm shipping out guys! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/262220-im-shipping-out-guys.html)

Bruin52 07-19-2004 12:06 PM

I'm shipping out guys!

After sitting around waiting to be hired on at a new job and only hearing that I'm over qualified, I've decided to return to the military. This time I'm going to go Navy. I'm heading to Columbus at the end of the week to finalize the deal and should be shipping out in November at the soonest. Good thing is that I don't have to go through basic training since I was a Marine. I'll be losing two paygrades, but there's a lot less crap I'll have to deal with also so that'll make up for it. I'm going to try and get out and meet with you all again before I leave and I'll surely stay in touch when I get to where ever I'm headed, hopefully Kings Bay, Georgia.

Bruin52
Ric Beach

biggieou 07-19-2004 03:13 PM

Ric, I'd personally like to wish you the best of luck. We need lots of good guys like you in the service. Be safe, and stop in here whenever you can, we'd love to hear how you are doing.
God Bless!!!!

-Josh

F2504x4 07-19-2004 07:35 PM

Congrats Nic! thats is a very good move, Fair Sea's and Following Winds, to you. stay in touch will ya?

USS Tripoli LPH-10 AIMD
Navy Moblie Construction Battalion- 5
Epuipment Operator 3rd Class

Freightrain 07-20-2004 03:03 PM

Best of luck to you Ric. Hope you can keep in touch where ever you end up.

Stanstruck 07-20-2004 03:12 PM

Best of luck, Ric!
Make sure to get in touch with us as soon as you can!

Stan

grampztoyz351 07-21-2004 12:47 AM

Good luck and best wishes. Please stay as safe as possible. Wish I could go back myself, NAVY '75 to '77 USS INDEPENDANCE CV-62 , FIGHTING 33rd!!!!

Katmandu 07-21-2004 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruin52
After sitting around waiting to be hired on at a new job and only hearing that I'm over qualified, I've decided to return to the military. This time I'm going to go Navy.

Good thing is that I don't have to go through basic training since I was a Marine. I'll be losing two paygrades, but there's a lot less crap I'll have to deal with also so that'll make up for it.

Ric Beach

Dude! You shoulda gone in to the USAF! :cool: I recently Retired from the USAF in Apr03.

Anyways, good choice to go back in. :-X22 I did 20 years and got out and I kinda regret it now. The Civilian community knows NOTHING about Professionalism. :-down There's no loyality and no commradry either. It's just dog eat dog and noone gives a crap about quality customer service. :-blah

That really bites your giving up (2) Paygrades!! Something doesn't seem right AT ALL about that. :-X13

So what are you gonna do in the Navy ?? :-huh

ammo troop 07-24-2004 08:35 PM

Take care of yourself, and if you ever vacation over in the sandbox keep your head down(it can be sketchy and FRIGGIN HOT at times!). I understand what you mean about life on this side, just did a 20 year stint in USAF as an AMMO TROOP! best time I ever had, Course I am loving this Mr. title more and more!

Later
Ammo Troop

AegisSailor 07-27-2004 04:52 PM

Welcome aboard Shipmate! Any idea yet as to what Rate your going into?