Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Membership campaign..for each state (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/246242-membership-campaign-for-each-state.html)

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 12:14 AM

Membership campaign..for each state

I was checking through the members list, and found 14 pages of Montanans are registered on FTE. It would take me forever to send email invites out to them alond, much less all the others from the other states. So....
Are there any volunteers from each state who will start sending email invites by doing an advanced member search?

All you need to do is click members, then do and advanced search and when the screen comes up asking for criteria for the advanced search, just type in the state name in the appropriate box and all that states members will show up. Then you can email each of them and ask them to join.

One other question... where the heck is everyone? Am I the only one posting here anymore or y'all on vacation?

68torino 06-01-2004 10:04 AM

I have stopped in from time to time, but with all the work my wife and I are doing to our house it's been hectic.

fellro86 06-01-2004 10:15 AM

I've been here, just not always posting. I can take care of Iowa if you like.

68torino 06-01-2004 11:59 AM

15 e-mails to people from SD and counting.
If I e- you and you're a member already join again, SD needs the member numbers. :-X24 :-X24

88grandmarquis 06-01-2004 04:01 PM

Geez, 8 pages of North Dakotans. Only a small amount seem to be regulars.

What should these invites say? I could cover ND since . . . well . . . you know.

Matts72 06-01-2004 07:01 PM

I'll work on MT...two emails can't hurt :D

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by fellro86
I've been here, just not always posting. I can take care of Iowa if you like.

It's yours! Go for it my friend. While your at it, you might also ask in the same email ( or mention) that A number of people are looking to start a seperate Iowa Chapter. Ask them to join here in the mean time...to organize if nothing else.

You may only send one email at a time and only one per minute. I suggest you write your original email, then copy it so you can just paste it into each following email. Have them just respond here, by joining, and then stopping by and visiting the introductions thread.

If you accept, I will consider you the Secretary of the Iowa Branch of the Drifters. (please, please, please)

I'll send welcome emails out to all who join. Thanks a lot and good luck!

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
I'll work on MT...two emails can't hurt :D

Thanks Matt! Let me know which end of the alphabet you start at and I'll slowly start from the opposite end. It looks like about half on each page are subscribed to the email function, so that's still a lotta emails to work on. And keep me posted via email, if you would, as to where you left off. If we work together on this, maybe by August, we'll have most of 'em done. :-X24

Matts72 06-01-2004 08:48 PM

I've only been sending emails to current users, that have more than 10 posts.

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
I've only been sending emails to current users, that have more than 10 posts.

That seems reasonable. No point in emailing someone who was here once upon a time....and then drifted.

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 10:00 PM

Matt..... I have finished emailing page 3 of the montana members with MORE than 10 posts. There's only 3 pages with more than 10. So we don't duplicate emails to people, I am going to work on page two tonight and will leave a message where I left off. Please do the same if you are working from page 1. Heres a copy of the email I am sending.

Hi, We are currently recruiting members for the High Plains Chapter of Ford Truck Enthusiasts. You were found among the Montana Users with more than 10 posts, indicating you have shown an interest in the FTE forums.

If you are interested in joining us... the cost is right ... free ... please scroll down to the FTE Chapters section of the forums and join us. As time progresses, we will be looking at State meetings and other activities to bring more Ford Truck enthusiasts together for friendship and some fun.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you will consider joining us.

Sincerely,
Dick Cordell
Fordlover1951
President High Plains Drifters

fellro86 06-01-2004 10:23 PM

Oh my, 28 pages.... well, it ain't happenin' today, but will get at in a few, be on the road the next 2 days, we'll see after that.

Fordlover55 06-01-2004 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by fellro86
Oh my, 28 pages.... well, it ain't happenin' today, but will get at in a few, be on the road the next 2 days, we'll see after that.

Just do members with more than 10 posts for now. Refine the search and add the 10 post minimum and it will narrow things down quite a bit. I narrowed Montana members down from 14 pages to 3.

fellro86 06-02-2004 07:57 AM

Well, 5 certainly is better, but as I said, I will be waiting to start until Friday, gotta take off here after a bit. Then I'll get on it. Thanks for the tips.

68torino 06-02-2004 11:42 AM

37 South Dakotans and counting. Oo.
If anyone else from SD wants to help I started on page one of 8 pages. :-hair