Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Minutes from our 1st meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/245367-minutes-from-our-1st-meeting.html)

cowlady 05-29-2004 09:42 AM

Minutes from our 1st meeting

As you know we had our 1st Chapter meeting last nite. Yeti, 1956MarkII & John Pen attended. Also there was Mrs Pen & Cliff - a friend of mine - thank you for sitting in on the meeting & giving your input!
We discussed ways to encourage Chapter growth/interest as well as events we'd like to include in our upcoming events.
Some of the ideas include: a camping trip to Letchworth State Park, becoming invloved with a charitable fundraiser for something like Mercy Flight, a road rally this October, working an event sponsored by a radio station - WYRK is a good example as they have many events all year long, dealership sponsored meetings (1956MarkII is working on that! Thanks!), cruise nites, off roading & the 4WD show in PA this July, a photo op @ Mac's - 1 of our sponsors & POSSIBLY trying to get the Why Guy to do a segment with us in it & a joint meet/event with other Chapters.
At this time, I'm going to let you - the membership - decide what you think would be a good way to stimulate Chapter growth. There are MANY opportunities for us & if you hear of an event, please post it so we can all get involved, even if only in spirit!
Okay NY - let's hear from YOU! Let the ideas flow! :-wink

hisjr 06-11-2004 05:23 PM

sounds awesome :-X22

cowlady 06-11-2004 10:39 PM

It was hijr! I'm hoping to get assistant leaders down in NY & CNY so you can have your own meetings! Interested? :)

frederic 06-13-2004 09:36 PM

May I ask where us NJ folks fall into? Obviously not NYC, but also not Mid-Atlantic either!

Regards!

hisjr 06-14-2004 07:09 AM

hey cowlady i'd be glad to take on assistant leader for either nyc. i have knee surgery coming up but i wont know until this wednesday about the date. i'm putting it off until i return from my needed vacation. i'll be more than happy to help out. the only problem is when i'm in queensbury for the rest of the year. i guess i'll be in the central ny chapter then. shoot me an email and we'll work on the details.

cowlady 06-14-2004 05:37 PM

Hi frederic! NJ can join NY as a whole & join in any events they want! You know - there's a few other NJ members here - you probably have enough to start a NJ Chapter by now! If you go for it call on us to assist however we can ok? BTW - you can join this Chapter - I'd appreciate it if any NJ guys joined so that I can help you hook up. On the Main Forums page, under the NY Chapter link click on Join Chapter & use any reason you want ok?
Hisjr - thanks! I'll definitely email you. I'm hoping JDenninger gets that 79 Bronco II as he will still have a Ford truck & we can look forward to seeing him @ an event or several! LOL! That goes for all you NJ guys too!

Jdenninger 06-14-2004 05:40 PM

ang, put a deposit on it last night. hoping to pick it up this weekend. it a 79 Bronco Ranger XLT. UGLY but runs beautiful! hoping and looking forward to get together with some of the members down herre and up your way. maybe i can make paragon in july.

cowlady 06-14-2004 08:00 PM

AWESOME JD! I can't wait to meet you & see the truck!

FordTuff1 06-17-2004 02:47 PM

Hi All!!!! Brooklyn N.Y, hear hope to get to a gathering around my way if there is any keep me up to date on it!!Thanks