Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum96/)
-   -   Texas Truck and SUV show (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/240233-texas-truck-and-suv-show.html)

subliminaldanger 05-13-2004 08:12 PM

Texas Truck and SUV show

anyone going to the texas truck and suv show? I plan on going to see what they have for the 04 150s there and maybe to get a good price on some lights

Reliant Center
One Reliant Park

Houston, TX 77054

May 14-16, 2004

Hours of Operation:

Friday, May 14th – 1 pm – 9 pm

Saturday, May 15th – 10 am – 9 pm

Sunday, May 16th – 10 am – 6 pm

TexasX 05-20-2004 02:39 PM

Man, that was last weekend, I was doing the Yaga's Wildgame cook-off in Galveston. How was the show?

subliminaldanger 05-20-2004 03:23 PM

Wasnt very good. No where the number of vendors as advertised and there werent many vehicles on display. But i did see pics of my truck at like 4 different booths much to my annoyment.

TexasX 05-20-2004 04:15 PM

Your truck generally speaking or litteraly?

subliminaldanger 05-20-2004 08:24 PM

literaly my truck. The guy that did the work has permission to use the pictures up on his website and as he saw fit, but a couple of other local shops and product dealers copied them off the website. I took most of them since it showed my plates and is considered a violation of my privacy. One guy actually argued with me about it even though my school stickers could be seen in the pictures.

ford4life69 05-20-2004 08:39 PM

they should'a had more common sense than to put a pic up with the plates. that's ridiculous.

13MWZ 05-20-2004 11:28 PM

I never understood the big deal with that. I mean, anybody can see your plates in a parkin lot, in your drive way, or on the road. What differance does it make if it's in a picture? It's not like it's you SSN or somthin.

ford4life69 05-21-2004 12:51 AM

it's traceable and the net is a much larger audience than a parking lot and a lot more freakos... remember i'm from a small town too ..

subliminaldanger 05-21-2004 09:03 PM

Easy- If they make a copy of the numbers on the plate, and go thru EZtag or run a camera light then i would get the ticket.

Spktyr 05-23-2004 01:51 AM

If I get your tag number, I can get your address, your dl #, your SSN, lots of other fun personal details. I.E., if I were a crook, I could commit identity theft with just your license plate info and about $80 worth of research. What makes this worse is that unlike someone seeing your plates in the parking lot, if it's on the Internet, someone can see your plates *anywhere* and thus take advantage of it without the police having a chance of catching the perp.

Alternately, by posting your tag number, you could receive some of the fun things that people send in the mail - anthrax, letter bombs, contact poisions, all the fun things deranged people like to send out randomly. Or you could be stalked, or someone could simply come over and steal your nice truck that you so thoughtfully 'advertised' as being worth stealing.

Bottom line - having the license plate of your personal vehicle get into general circulation on the Internet or in print is a BAD idea.