Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   Ohio Chapter Inaugural Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/240144-ohio-chapter-inaugural-meeting.html)

F2504x4 05-13-2004 03:36 PM

Ohio Chapter Inaugural Meeting

okay guys it was a close vote, columbus by one, i'd like to have two meetings one in columbus the other at the swap meet. unless everyone decides that they would like to have the meeting at the swap meet.

we can meet in columbus on either the 22nd or 23rd. let us know when and where.

for the swap meet saturday the 29th or sunday the 30th is fine with me.
someone please set a time and a spot to meet in either location who knows the lay of the land.

personally i would like to have the annual meet at the swap fest every year.its only another 20 minutes outside of columbus.
then have one in columbus during a ford event and also one up towards cleveland at some type of ford event. just my .02's

hmmm food .....anybody have thoughts on this ??????

okay lets us get this going......

:-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25 :-X25
Ray

RUNVS 05-13-2004 06:54 PM

Granted, it's not a Ford Truck event, but July 9-11 is the Ford only weekend at Norwalk.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

bigwin56f100 05-14-2004 03:30 AM

I still like the idea of a meeting at the summit racing truck fest for the cleve. area folks. With gas prices as high as they are going I need to save my pennies! Sorry I cant make a special trip to Columbus right now. I do like the idea of a meeting at the spring or fall all ford in columbus.

Kevin Bigwin

Supercrewzer76 05-14-2004 03:11 PM

I will definetly be at the swap meet and more than likley be at the coulumbus meeting also. Saturdays are best with me due to working on sunday afternoon. At the swap meet I think the best place to meet would be Bumper boys if I remember they ussually have a large banner above their trailer

F2504x4 05-17-2004 10:14 PM

quote from jwright:

Bumper Boys sounds like a good place as any!! F=250by497, what time would would you like to meet?? Maybe we could all wear red shirts to ID ourselfs or some other color(just a thought). I figure I'll be there about 10 or so.....Let's hear from someone on some ideas!! If anyone is coming up 675 around Dayton we could meet a a Bob Evans near the Nutter Center and have BREAKFAST and then go on to Springfield(AGAIN JUST A THOUGHT)??

cool we'll meet about 9ish saturday the 29th. supercrewzer , we'll see you after we stuff our selves, anyone else?

any times or dates for the columbus meeting? we could have the meeting on the 30th sunday ?

F2504x4 05-17-2004 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by RUNVS
Granted, it's not a Ford Truck event, but July 9-11 is the Ford only weekend at Norwalk.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

can you fill us in with more info?
Thanks
Ray

Supercrewzer76 05-18-2004 09:45 AM

Bob Evans sounds pretty good. I might have to join you there its not to far out of the way. Are you meeting at 9 at Bob Evans? I will be in a Green 2000 F-250 2wd

phatcracker 05-18-2004 05:02 PM

Wen and when are we meeting. Between the two threads I'm confused where the actual meeting will take place. Correct me if I'm wrong. The 29th swap meet and some of you guys are convoying to where ever the swap meet is at. If I'm correct I won't be able to make it.

Eric

j wright 05-19-2004 12:24 AM

phatcracker: We are meeting at Bob Evan's near the Nutter Center for breakfast and then on to Springfield swap meet on Sat. the 29th. Sorry for the confusion...I would say the meeting will be at Bumper Boys at the swap meet. Maybe you could make breakfast?? If not we will see you soon, would like to meet you and do some brain pickin(I need all I can get!!!!!!!)
John

Freightrain 05-19-2004 07:46 AM

Fun Ford Weekend is a pretty big event anymore. I used to attend back in the mid nineties. It all started with the Mustang and grew from that. They usually have a fast street car shoot-out, plus all kinds of racing. They used to have a Lightning class(trucks), they still might. I'm sure if you got onto Norwalk's webpage there would be lots of info and class descriptions. I used to run in the Nostalgia class with my wagon.

I have not been there in a few years now, just not a big Norwalk fan. It's gotten so big that it's not much fun for certain racers. They have tried to re-schedule some of the stuff to help make it move along better. It got to be so you sat around ALL day waiting for the 3,000,000 mustangs to make there "3" qualifying passes for street car shoot-out. Man, that really was a bummer :(.

Anyway, if you enjoy seeing all that stuff run, it's a good event. I'm a racer, so I have issues.

j wright 05-19-2004 09:22 AM

Never met a racer who didn't!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

F2504x4 05-19-2004 02:30 PM

hi guys,
iwas trying to get 2 meetings going to make it easier for those the live on the east side of ohio, if this is still possible name a place and time that works for everyone. except the 29th either this weekend or on the 30th.
alot of the members said that the swap meet would work for them. so far the 29th is the day that we will be meeting.
sorry if there been any confusion on this.

if possible try to wear a shirt with a ford logo or ford blue.

i hope too drive my 64 t-bird if i find a powersteering pump in time. i,m really looking forward to meeting you all.

Ray

phatcracker 05-19-2004 09:54 PM

I would love to go to the swap meet since I have never been to one and I'm always looking for a good deal. But that weekend is totally full for me. I need to set up the course for the RallyCross, Cincy region SCCA is holding and that will be done early in the morning on Sat the 29th. Then I go to Lexington KY, after that, to help a good friend move back to Ohio. On Sunday I have the RallyCross, which is near Hamilton OH.

I was going to give y'all the links to the websites for Cincy's RallyCross but it seems the webpages have disappeared. :-X09 I'm talking to tech support as I type this.

Have fun at the swap meet.

Eric

F2504x4 05-19-2004 10:04 PM

eric ,
good to hear from you, stir stir if you know i mean.i hope you enjoyed that,

i hope that maybe at the next meet you'll be able to make, i'll have one for ya. let us know how the "race " goes. :-X22

phatcracker 05-20-2004 07:06 PM

Tech support called me back today and said they got it straightened out but I had to reload all my personal website info. Couple of clicks of the moose and I have this Cincinnati SCCA Rallycross Yea, it's back on line.

Have more than one for me. I need to catch to up. :-X22

Eric