Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   New Moderator? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/239729-new-moderator.html)

Bruin52 05-12-2004 07:16 AM

New Moderator?

Well Ohio, due to my lack of ability to being able to visit FTE on a regular basis, I am no longer the moderator of the Ohio Chapter. Lately there have been a lot of things going on in my personal life with the transition from moving back here from California, to an increase in work schedule which is going to be greatly increasing again in the next few weeks. At this time I feel that it would be better if somebody else who had the time and resources to do so take over the position. To become the Moderator you need a recomendation from a current moderator. I strongly feel that Ray has everything under control as the Chapter Leader and that with the members of Ohio already present, a moderator isn't completely neccesary. I'm not dissappearing by any means, I just need to focus more of my attention to other places right now, I'll still be dropping in on a weekly basis at least, hopefully more often, I will make it to the inaugural meeting however so hopefully I'll get to meet more of Ohio's FTE members.

Ric Beach
Bruin52

biggieou 05-12-2004 11:21 AM

Ric sorry to hear this. If there is anything that we can do to help or what not, always know that we are here. Our Chapter seems to be pretty good as far as almost being self-moderated, possibly due to the attitude of our moderator. Thankyou for everything youve done for us Ric, I know I appreciate it, as do others.
-Josh

Stanstruck 05-12-2004 01:10 PM

I thank you too, Ric. I can relate to being too busy. I'd like to help more, but I can't find the time to breathe half the time. I still need to get my truck running (that's how bad it is...)!!

Stan

F2504x4 05-12-2004 09:37 PM

Ric, i'm sorry to hear this news :'( but i do understand your reason's
you are a good chap, it would be nice if you could still be our mod with a second mod. i wonder if it is possible to do this?.if not would you recomend some one to fill your position.

I do not wish to have this role at this time, I want keep my focus on my present position. we do need our own O.C. moderator to help out with admin. duty's ect. ect.
there our alot of good canidates here that i hope would also be willing to step up and help out.

once again this is sad news,. :-X16

Ray

Bruin52 05-14-2004 07:29 AM

I could still "play" the part, just not by the guidelines set by the FTE staff, meaning of course, that I'm not able to log on as often as I'd like due to certain problems. I'll be more clear on that at the meeting, I just don't really want to spread it all over over the web. I do want to make it clear that there is no tension between myself and the FTE admin if it comes across that way. By playing the part I only mean that I can offer my knowledge and connections in trying to make the Ohio Chapter the best that it could possibly be. We've got a great bunch of enthusiast here who enjoy coming to the site and our chapter and I'd like to make it into a long lasting tradition. I'll still be active, just not everyday, at least for a couple of months anyway. Thanks for the support guys.

Bruin52

F2504x4 05-17-2004 07:38 PM

well i just read this :

Quote from Mil1ion
The Chapters will no longer have their own moderators,thus requiring a Chapter Leader to look after things.
There will be ONLY ONE moderator to do moderator duties for all the chapters.

Your Chapter Leader replaces the mod.
Your Chapter Leader is in your state.

No More info at this time.Do to the fact that I type slow & the text gets read even slower, All the rest of the pertinent information will be held back until the complete policy is revealed.

when i get more info on this , i will post it here, i'm not sure of what changes our coming :-huh

Ray