Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum96/)
-   -   Nice seeing all you Texicans (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/238859-nice-seeing-all-you-texicans.html)

dasnuke 05-09-2004 08:12 PM

Nice seeing all you Texicans

Well, I am going to attempt to replace wires and plugs on my 97 F-150. So this may be my last post. If you dont hear from me again, I am most likely stuck between the engine and the firewall. :-hair
trav

drewcoolness99 05-09-2004 09:42 PM

i don't know why but that struck me as incredibly funny.

dasnuke 05-09-2004 10:07 PM

I mean to tell you

I am both girthly and vertically challenged. I crawled up to look at the wires and plugs, I got an OBD P0302, #2 cylinder misfires message. I hoped that a new wire and plug would do it.

BUT some sick-o design engineer at Ford, bless his pointy little head, put all that stuff at the back end of the engine, ran the wires between the firewall and engine then had the gaul to put the plugs way down at the bottom of the engine.

I spent 8 years on submarines and never ran into anything as scary at this.
Based on what I read, I went out and bought me a mess of universals and extensions. I plan to put up a good fight but . . .
Bottom line, I fully expect to be eaten or worse :-fire
trav

02superstroker 05-10-2004 09:31 PM

Hmm.. your last post was yesterday... you doin okay?

... or are you stuck?

Fordication 05-12-2004 12:57 PM

Hey Lake Jackson. Another victem. Ed

dasnuke 05-13-2004 03:32 PM

well, it did not have a chance to eat me but . . .

I had to take my son to Houston Childrens Hospital early monday morning. we are still here. May be back in LJ by Sunday. Perhaps on Monday the truck and I shall do battle.
Pulled a real bonehead though. I think that I filled my wife's caddy with regular, guess that I was not all there. She called me and said that the car was running a bit rough. Wonder why? Heck regular is what preminum was just last week.
Visit again later,
trav

Originally Posted by 02superstroker
Hmm.. your last post was yesterday... you doin okay?

... or are you stuck?

02superstroker 05-13-2004 10:01 PM

I hope all is well with your son.

dasnuke 05-14-2004 09:50 AM

Thank you. If a kid has to be in a hospital, Texas Childrens is the place!
Docs here are not sure what is going on; Docs in Lake Jackson were positive. Perhaps that is why this is his third hospital stay in 4 weeks. Here, the docs are doing a deliberate investigation/analysis to determine what it is that he has. They want him not to have to make a 4th stay.

Heck, I need him back. I had decided that perhaps I should let see how hungry the truck is first. ;)
Besides, he can fit between the engine and firewall and have to worry about falling out the bottom! :D

Originally Posted by 02superstroker
I hope all is well with your son.

Rosati 05-18-2004 06:01 PM

Might be easier to drop the backend of the tranny to get at them wires. Put the front up on ramps and block the back wheels. Drop the shaft and unbolt the cross member. Engine should tilt enough to get yer mitts up behind the block and that brings them wires down to your level rather than you trying to tiptoe up over the fender.

13MWZ 05-19-2004 04:40 PM

Thats why I drive diesels! :-X22

ford4life69 05-19-2004 10:54 PM

oh yeah???? ... ;-) kiddin hon