Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Defroster parts for 50 F-1 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/237531-defroster-parts-for-50-f-1-a.html)

Woodsman_30350 05-05-2004 05:29 PM

Defroster parts for 50 F-1

I am looking for defroster sleeves (Ford part number 18512) for a 1948-52 pickup. Any suggestions on where I might find these?

jeffh 05-05-2004 10:14 PM

Sorry, couldn't find any in my catalogs...

bhiebert 05-07-2004 02:08 PM

Hi
I'm not sure what you mean by "defroster sleeves", but I'm assuming you mean either the hoses leading from the heater unit up to the vents, or the vent units themselves.

When I got my '51 I pulled the heater unit out to clean it and replace the blower motor. The hoses were pretty much gone, so I replaced them with some basic paper flexi-type hoses from my local parts store - they had several sizes and were cheap - like a dollar or two per foot.

If we're talking about the vent units themselves which accept the hose on one end and spread out to screw into position under the defroster "slits" in the dash, then I think I saw some available in the LMC Truck (www.lmctruck.com) catalogue. They've got a lot of oddball parts for 48-51's - stuff you wouldn't think would be available anywhere. Unfortunately, they don't have an online catalgue to look at the stuff, you've got to request a free catalogue and then wait.

Good luck
Brian

Woodsman_30350 05-07-2004 05:45 PM

Defroster input.

Brian,

I am referring to the metal tube that fits into the defrost duct on the dash. It is a bayonet fitting that the hose fastens to. I can't get to the site for the sleeves. Any chance you have a phone number or address?
Kent

bhiebert 05-12-2004 01:04 PM

Hey Kent

I went back and checked my *** Truck catalogue - unfortunately, the parts they have are for the '53 models.

I'm thinking a donor truck is going to be the only way to go.

Best of luck
Brian

Woodsman_30350 05-12-2004 01:37 PM

Brian,

I found the tubes at a site in Canada so that is something else off my list.

I would like to get the catalog you mentioned but I can't seem to link to the www.***truck.com website you list. Do I have the right address?

Kent

bhiebert 05-12-2004 01:56 PM

For some reason, this website is stripping off part of the company's name, replacing them with *'s. The company is ("L" as in Larry, "M" as in Michael, "C" as in Charlie)TRUCK.COM

You shouldn't have any trouble with that. Just request a free catalogue and they'll send you one.....unfortuntely, they don't have an online catalogue.

I just happened to see a commercial for them one afternoon, and they are one of the few US companies that seem willing to send a catalogue to Canada.
Later
brian

billorjill 07-11-2005 12:59 AM

Where in Canada did you find the tubes, I need them also (billorjill@aol.com)

Woodsman_30350 07-11-2005 07:27 AM

The gentleman's name is Asher Rubin and I am trying to find his email address. I will get back to you.

Earl 07-11-2005 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bhiebert
For some reason, this website is stripping off part of the company's name, replacing them with *'s. The company is ("L" as in Larry, "M" as in Michael, "C" as in Charlie)TRUCK.COM

You shouldn't have any trouble with that. Just request a free catalogue and they'll send you one.....unfortuntely, they don't have an online catalogue.

I just happened to see a commercial for them one afternoon, and they are one of the few US companies that seem willing to send a catalogue to Canada.
Later
brian

Brian (and others), there are a number of reasons the board is programmed to automatically edit and remove certain items - I won't go into the details here (PM me if you are interested). I realize it can be surprising and a little frustrating, but you'll just have to trust that the reasons are all directed at keeping FTE the best place to find information and talk about Ford trucks. :) Hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

51ford fan 07-12-2005 07:53 AM

They pop up on Ebay now and then.

BlueDolphin 07-14-2005 03:01 AM

I may have a pair if you want to hit me up. If you don't already have them lined up.

Let me know if you are still looking.

billorjill 07-14-2005 03:15 AM

I would be interested send me an e-mail (billorjill@aol.com)
Thanks

oscarxyz 07-14-2005 02:53 PM

I pulled a set of a 49 parts truck that I have.
If BlueDolphin doesn't come through, let me know. I will dig them up and try to confirm parts are same.
Oscar

billorjill 07-14-2005 08:07 PM

BlueDolpin,
Do you have the tubes for the heater vents? I'm interested. Thanks

Bill