Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   3.8 & 4.2L V6 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum50/)
-   -   evil chevy s-10 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/224816-evil-chevy-s-10-a.html)

phantom22 04-01-2004 08:36 AM

evil chevy s-10

Yo wus up. I was driving home from work the other day and trying to burn out my new Cherry Bomb glasspack and makin sum noise. A little chevy s-10 pulled up next to me and said he wanted to race. I told him I was pretty much stock, and he said he was to and wanted to race anyway. HE KICKED MY BUTT!!!!! He has a no muffler setup and has a I4.?. He burned out a good 50 ft. and I never caught up with him until the next red...must..beat..him..any ideas for hp? I have 2 fulltime jobs so money isnt a prob :cool:

true4.2 04-01-2004 09:58 AM

I'm not sure what it is that you are saying? What do you mean he has a 14? A chevy s10 truck with a 4 cyl is toast to any of our trucks. A Chevy S10 with the 4.3 V6 is a bit more of a problem. They are pretty much running the same 1/4 miile as us.

horizonhuskies 04-01-2004 12:29 PM

:cool: i think he means the i4, inline 4. :) new engine i think

Jimmy Dean 04-01-2004 05:00 PM

Um if he has a I4 and beat you I can almost guarantee he is running turbo or NOS, or both

I am able to keep up with almost all stock pickups. as for light trucks the only ones that can beat me are the dodge dakota V8s...I wonder why?

I guess start with chip, intake, headers, full exhgaust high flow cats, aluminum radiator and electric fans, REAR GEARS and better tires. perhaps some lightweight rims and good race tires. A slight drop and some suspension tuning, oh ladder bars, supercharger, NOS, twin turbos, rebuild teh bottom end of course for the last 3, port/polish heads. install manual steering and disconnect the A/C. Get some performance intake from Kenny Brown (the guy with the 600 hp 3.8 mustang)

There is a LONG list of cra you can do for our trucks if you have money.

remove non essential equipment from truck (spare tire, passenger seat, jack, headlights, tailgate, swap drivers seat with recaro buckets. ditch the bulky dash, replace with a single piece of bent aluminnum for weight and appearance.
must I go on?

strick4.2 04-01-2004 05:28 PM

my friend matt has a 02 4.3 5sp singe cab....he can walk me off the line but soon as I hit 3rd its over..........weve raced several times same result....hes running something......or u cant drive one....... :-X10

Jimmy Dean 04-01-2004 08:52 PM

If you have an ext cab or an auto, he will run all over you. :) Reg Cab 5 spd, way to go. :P

horizonhuskies 04-01-2004 10:06 PM

I disagree...Or maybe Im just a damn good driver....I have a supercab and walk all over any other v6 regular cab trucks ive been put up against. If it werent for my rev limiter, I would have killed the chevy i raced. 8.89 second 0-60 aint too shabby for a SCAB!!!

Garrett

true4.2 04-02-2004 08:51 AM

That's actually really good for an SCAB. BTW, I've raced a stock S10 at the track and he pulled a 16.6 on me. I think I actually ran kinda crappy that time...like a 17 or something. Anyways, if you drive it correctly and shift properly, you can beat them anyday.

My first truck was a 4.3 Chevy. I agree with you Shane...my old Chevy truck would KILL any of us off the line, but after that our Ford's put them to shame. Chevy = Low End Power :: Ford = High End Power

strick4.2 04-02-2004 07:01 PM

I was right........ :-X22

true4.2 04-03-2004 09:37 AM

yup yup yup! :D