Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   snow plow package (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/21531-snow-plow-package.html)

jalawso 03-25-2001 01:34 AM

snow plow package

What does the snow plow package contain? Do you get better shocks? Does the truck sit up higher?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/pictorial/big/2000_f250_a.html
This truck looks like it is sitting up really high. I am about to buy a f250 and was wondering about this snow plow package and the Heavy-Service Suspension Package. Please help.

Thanks

aaron

J.C. 03-25-2001 12:12 PM

snow plow package

I'm not sure on the exact details on the two packages but, with the snow plow package I know you get front springs that are rated for 6000 lbs. Those are the same springs that are used on the F-450's and F-550's and people do say their truck sits higher in the front with them. You get heavier front springs with the heavy-service suspension package but, they're not rated as high as you'd get with the snow plow package. With the heavy-service package, you also get aux helper springs on the back.

jalawso 03-25-2001 03:47 PM

snow plow package

I thought the snow plow package included the rear aux. springs too. According to the build site on ford.com Does the snow plow package afect the ride of the truck? How much higher does the truck sit?

Howard 03-25-2001 05:28 PM

snow plow package

I have a 2000 F250SD, 4x4 ext. cab, long bed,v10 and with the snow plow and towing packages. The snow plow package came with highest rating front springs (5700#), higher capacity alternator(130amp) and auxillary rear springs. Although I'm not to sure about the auxillary rear springs as trucks without the snow plow prep seem to have the same # of springs when I checked. Maybe they are stiffer, who knows. Right from the factory the trucks sits perfectly level front to rear which I love. The dealer showed me the same truck without the snow plow prep and it was about 1.5 to 2.0 inches lower in the front. The 350's will always be about 1.5 to 2.0 inches lower the front with the snow plow prep because there have taller blocks on the rear axle for the 350's. They both use the same front springs with the snow plow prep.

Howard

jalawso 03-26-2001 09:25 AM

snow plow package

How is the ride with the snow plow package? Do you really think it sits up high enough to tell a difference?
Pleas email me at aaron@usagoldoil.com
I have already ordered my truck and need to know as soon as possible if I should add it.

Thanks
Aaron

350dweezil 03-26-2001 06:21 PM

snow plow package

jalawso,

The text under photo you linked to says the truck has "305X75X16" tires. That alone will make it stand an inch or two higher than the available stock tires. But even so, the space above the tire still seems substantial.

BTW, does anyone know if these bigger tires will work on stock (7" wide) wheels and w/o a susp. lift? It looks like the wheels in the pic are an ones available from Ford.

2001 350SD PS CC 4X4 STOCK

jalawso 03-26-2001 07:55 PM

snow plow package

Does the truck in the picture have a lift on it, or is that how much improvement the snow plow package gives you?

idkwhy 03-31-2001 02:09 AM

snow plow package

The answer is YES!!!
I just lifted my 2001 F-350 Crew Cab SRW Short Box 4x4 with the 5.5" Fabtech Suspension System. I wanted to retain the factory Deluxe Alloy wheels as I liked the look. I called everyone fro the Tire Rack to Discount Tire and they all said NO WAY!
Finally, I went ahead and purchased the BF Goodrich All Terrains in the 315/75R16 and Mounted and Balanced them myself!! They fit perfectly and they look AWESOME! I did seek advice from a local tire shop that I trust (who I did order the tires from) He suggested that I reduce the tire pressure by a couple of pounds just to "relax" the tread because the "advised" width for those tires is 8" - 10" rim width and he indicated that those tires like to be "Streched" out. The ride is great and the tires look very "Block Shaped" on the rims not "ballooned" or rounded which I find not in keeping with the agressive shape of the Super Duty.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I have done Extensive modifications to my truck and each one was carefully analized and the parts used were selected individually.
I can be contacted at IDKwhy(No Email Addresses In Posts!)
Just as an Idea:
5.5" fabtech lift, Velvet Ride shackles, fabritech traction bars,B.F.Goodrich All Terrains, Custom designed U-Bolts(Rear), Shim kit for Drive Shaft carrier bearing, Frt & Rear Diff guards, Dual Battery set up, Meyers snow plow w/custom hitch mount welded to front and Hella Driving lights in steel guards welded w/ D hooks,Ramsey Platnum 9500 winch in quick mount, Jump start provisions Frt& Rear,Dual shock mounts (Frt),Amber Strobes in headlights ande reverse light buckets, custom reversse fog lights and warning alarm, rear tail light guards, Custom modified Road Armor Full Front end guard, 4 Hella Flood Lights mounted to a Welded Confer Roof Rack with Hi-Jack & Shovel/Axe mounting kits,Federal Full feature Beacon light bar mounted on weatherguard cab protector, weatherguard black aluminum in cab storage box, 2500 watt power inverter, A-Pillar 3-guage pod with Auto meter Trans temp, Exhaust Temp,& Vacuum guages, chrome Fire extingusher, Alpine Navigation system w/ 6.5" monitor mounted on 24" flex stalk,X-Liner Spray in bed Liner,tinted front windows to match rear grade, Custom portable welding equipment, custom air compressor with reserve air tank, And Much More>>>>>
From the factory- F-350 Crew Cab SRW Short Bed- V-10, 4.30 axle ratio w/ posi trac, Hvy service suspention, Snow plow prep, XLT, carpet Delete,Cab clearance lights, Rear Sensing system, trailer packaage, radio,Cassette, CD combo,4x4 Package, pwr seat, I can't remember the rest, but it is a very bad ##### truck!!
Dressed in silver metallic>>>>>>
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!!! IDK

hmarsden 04-25-2001 09:32 PM

snow plow package

I would love to see a picture of this truck!! Sounds awesome. I have been looking to add roof mounted KC Daylighters to the roof of my 2000 F250 SD ext. cab and have been told that there is not a roof mount system (such as the Stealth bar) available. Any ideas?

buffy 04-30-2001 10:09 PM

snow plow package

I'll second that...I'd like to see some pictures, too. Do the tires rub with the stock wheels? I'd like to keep the factory wheels, too. I think they look nice and it save $500 for new wheels.

http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250.htm

jakegypsum 05-13-2001 10:46 PM

snow plow package

I'll third that motion......I would love to see photo's, (Plural), of that truck. It sounds like a bad machine.

Jakegypsum // Ford fleet, soup to nuts.

KeithWVeren 05-27-2001 09:42 PM

snow plow package

I just purchased my second SuperDuty (w/snowplow Package). I had one on my '99 and now on my '01. Yes, it does add a tiny bit of hight, and does not allow any "sag" as can happen as the years go by on the stock trucks. However, To really plow, first get the snowplow package, then have a snow plow installed. You will see the front end dip when you lift the plow blade. THEN go and get a 3 inch (approximately) front-end "leveling" kit and you will be absolutely amazed. First, when there is no plow, the truck sit dead level. Second, with the plow in the air, the truck sits practically dead level. Third it looks great, not a "giant lift", just a "leveling" of the front to the rear. Tuff Country was the one I put on my '99. Since I have the V-10, I asked them their recommendations, and they said to get the leveling kit for the diesel. So I did. What a pleasure to drive and plow. The kit comes with extentions for the anti-roll bar, 2 new multi-leaf springs (5 leaves, I think) and you will have to get a fdron end aligment after the work is completed. Some people get the 3.5" front "leveler" and add a 1" extra leaf in the rear to keep a touch of the original rake.

I my case, I had to get the snow plow installed BEFORE the installation of the leveling kit because the minute mount system requires that you be able to drive right into the plow connections and if you get the lift kit soon sooner, you cannot do that so easy. The best thing to do is find some railroad ties and when you are done plowing, lower and romved the plow on the 6" tall rail ties. This will allow you to drive right up to the plow and hook up again without the truck being higher than the connection pieces. Very easy and self explanitory. Also, I like the ride with more leaf springs up front to cushion the big V-10. Everyone that looks at the truck says it look better. You also get two shocks on each front side with the borla. Because you are not lifting the front a great deal, there is no need to remove or fiddle with any of the other front-end parts. I do know Borla, Tuff Country and other are still selling these like hot hotcakes,
so when I got mine I had to wait. I plan on doing the same thing on my new pickup, including Rhino lining and rubber floor mat. I am also going to look into that flip-over "cage" (that come on certain 150s) that can either keep thing from rattling or allow you to carry longer loads by allowing you to open your tailgate and still have meatl bars to prevent slide-outs. Very first milage was 8.4956 MPG. Will update that as soon as thing get broken in and I switch to Mobil 1. Will add Borla Cat-Back exhaust (dual) straight to the rear.

Keith Veren
2001 F-350 4X4 SuperDuty Lariat
Crew Cab, Short Bed (156" Wheel Base)
V-10 6.8L, Auto Trans, Power Take Provision
Preferred Equipment Package 618A
Class V hitch upgrade
Heated Seats (front)
Power Trailer-Tow Telescoping Mirrows
Block heater
Bright Red w/Parchment interior
Shift on Fly
3.73 Limited Slip Rear
Off Road Package
Clearance Lights
Sensors for Signalling Reversing clos to something (handy)
Snow Plow Package
Leather Captains Chairs
Best Stereo CD you can order.

1967 SS/RS Camaro
Big Block 396
4-Speed Muncie
Factory Open Air Cleaner
No power Brake, or Air Conditioner
Power Steering
12-Bolt Rear (Stock)
Factory traction Bar (square)
Gauge Package w/Console
Rare AM/FM PushButton Radio
Dealer Installed Rear Spoiler
Interior Trim Package
Rear Antenae
Favorite Food: Mustangs

Deluxe Interior

I

BO_F250 05-28-2001 07:47 PM

snow plow package

i was wondering what kind of plow are you going to get?

V10man 05-29-2001 03:53 AM

snow plow package