Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   Disappointed (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/204116-disappointed.html)

fitter565 02-12-2004 04:07 PM

Disappointed

Well West Virginia, I must say I'm disappointed in the lack of posting in this forum. Several of us worked hard to get a place for us to talk about or trucks, suv's and other things. I know it's only been in place for a couple of weeks but there has been alot of people looking but not participating in the forum. I really hope this will change because WV has the greatest people in the country. So if you come bye for a look see, please say howdee..lol

Fitter

Outlawwv 02-12-2004 06:42 PM

i look everyday and read what's new here.i'd be interested in a get together of some sort. it would have to be close home though my motors about shot. Outlawwv

ps - hey i didn't YELL this time !!

MountainHound 02-12-2004 10:09 PM

I'm back...

Been off-line due to moving and just got the computer running. Been a little slow but hey, we're just getting started.

I did most of the moving Sat and it snowed all day. The roads were terrible and I had a time with the enclosed trailer I was using. It kept sliding around on me and I had to use the manual brakes alot. No accidents though. That's what I get for moving in Feb though!

fitter565 02-13-2004 03:52 AM

Welcome back!

I'm glad to see you guy's back! It's been pretty slow around here the last few days, but maybe things will pick up.

Mountainhound, Where in the world did you move to? It's been in the upper 30's and sunny all week here in pburg. Glad to hear you got moved ok though. And I do realize it snows at a drop of a hat in the mountains...lol. I think I'll be heading to the Cranberry here in a couple of weeks, the itch to go fishing is killing me...lol
I'm going to the anglersroost on Sat morning to get some fishing supply's. So if anyone is close, stop and say hello.

Fitter (Mike)

MountainHound 02-13-2004 11:56 PM

I just moved a few miles away-selling/sold my old house and moved into another place temporarily while we wait to start on a new house later this year. The weather that day wasn't real cold, about 30, but it snowed all morning and made it a miserable day to be pulling a trailer.

I've been to Cranberry fishing twice. Great place to spend a day or two. It's about 2.5 hours south of me. I also like to fish on Shaver's Fork outside of Elkins-it's only about an hour away from me. A little chilly this time of the year though, but hey, you don't need a cooler for the fish since you can just toss 'em in the back of the truck!:-D

mweeps 02-15-2004 06:07 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize the page was up. i checked right after we talked about it for a few days. Busy with work and haven't even turned my PC on for three nights in a row this week. working on computers all day kind of deters me from even using mine at home. I am all for getting together for a gathering except for the fact I work every Saturday so it would have to be on a Sunday.

yar_1974 02-19-2004 07:06 PM

howdee

fitter565 02-19-2004 08:45 PM

yar_1974, welcome to the forum!

Fitter

MountainHound 02-20-2004 10:13 PM

Yes, welcome!

I thought there were more guys from WV on this site?? Is it ok to announce that the WV forum exists in the "general conversation" section? Maybe alot of folks don't realize it's here yet.:confused:

Dave Sponaugle 03-19-2004 09:11 PM

Well some of us just go straight to our regular forum. I have not looked below pre power stroke diesels for quite some time. This forum was not here at that time.

BluesManF250 03-20-2004 06:37 AM

Great to see a WV forum

Today is actually the first day that I have seen the WV forum. I think its great! I have checked for a MD forum from time to time, but it covers the whole mid-atlantic.

I was born in WV and most of my family still lives in the northern panhandle. Hope you guys don't mind a Marylander visiting your forum. Take care.

MountainHound 03-21-2004 01:38 AM

Re: Great to see a WV forum

Originally posted by BluesManF250

I was born in WV and most of my family still lives in the northern panhandle. Hope you guys don't mind a Marylander visiting your forum. Take care.

I have family in the eastern WV panhandle and we travel through MD about once a month if not more. It's a beautiful state, especially in the spring and summer months. Stop by more often!

fitter565 03-21-2004 03:27 AM

Bluesmanf250, Welcome, come around anytime! The more the merier. (sp ) lol

Fitter

BluesManF250 03-21-2004 05:10 AM

Thanks guys, I will definitely make checking this forum part of my FTE routine. Talk to you soon.

BluesManF250 03-24-2004 09:48 AM

I see what you mean

I've been checking the forum and the activity is definitely less than desirable. But, maybe the word hasn't got around yet. If I see a WV registered FTE in another post I'll definitely mention the forum.

Fitter, I have my truck at the dealer and they are replacing my steering box (wandering) and then adjusting the alignment. If that doesn't work, I'll try your suggestion about the lock-nut/allen screw combo on top of the steering box. If I recall you did this adjustment on your 99+ SD?