Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   New To Board and New to my F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/203200-new-to-board-and-new-to-my-f-150-a.html)

"mad" 02-10-2004 12:55 PM

New To Board and New to my F-150

Hello All!
I am brand new to this board and brand new to an F-150.
I just purchased my 04 FX4 Supercab on Sunday and would love talk about it with anyone!
Anyway, I will leave it here for now!
Take care and I look forward to hearing from someone soon!
Sincerely,
"Mad"

bigjack 02-10-2004 01:20 PM

mad,
welcome to FTE and congrats on the new truck. How do you like it?--Jack

"mad" 02-10-2004 01:33 PM

I tested several from the XLT to the Lariat and I have to say that I like it best. I love trucks which have a "stiffer" ride than others.
I really like that new 5.4L; for a heavy vehicle, she sure gets up in a hurry.
If this thing is half as what the reviews say, I am in good shape.
Also, this is my first Ford purchase (The old man finally got to me) and with the $$ is spent, I am hoping for a LONG and fruitful relationship...
Thanks for the Reply Jack!
"Mad"

edmundrsku 02-10-2004 01:57 PM

"mad":

Congrats on becoming a "Ford Man". I've had 4 so far, and my 2004 FX4 SCAB is somewhere between the factory and my dealer. I hope to get it within a week. Give us a description of your FX4!!!

"mad" 02-10-2004 04:50 PM

2004 FX4 SuperCab in Silver Metallic w/ black lip moldings
DELUXE MIRROR PKG
P275/65R18 ALL-TERRAIN OWL TIRES - BFG Thank god!
BLACK TUBULAR RUNNING BOARDS
TRAILER TOW PKG -class IV
ELECTRONIC AM/FM STEREO RADIO W/6-DISC
PWR DRIVER SEAT
REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM
5.4L (330) 3V EFI V8 ENGINE
4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD
PWR ADJUSTABLE PEDALS - Not really needed, but liked now!
3.73 AXLE RATIO W/LIMITED SLIP
PWR SLIDING REAR WINDOW W/PRIVACY TINT - Not really needed, but will come in handy when someone is riding my you know what, and I will simply give them the you know what via the power rear slider... I don't think they will get the point trying to look through that dark tint!!
18" MACHINED CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
Plus all the standard mumbo-jumbo!!
Boy, she sure is purdy.. I cannot wait to test her off-road capabilities as I used to be a Jeep enthusiast (My heart still is) and according to all the reviews, she is built well (especially the throttle control in 4L)!!

"mad" 02-10-2004 04:52 PM

Oh, I got them down from $37,900 (market adjustment) to $31,000. They Shafted me on my Trade (last time I will own a dodge), but all-in-all, I feel I got a really good deal.

Oneagle1 02-10-2004 05:51 PM

"mad",

Welcome aboard FTE. Your description of your ride sounds nice...now let's see some photos. You can put together a gallery and share her with everyone!!! Enjoy your F-150 'cause I sure enjoy mine.
:-X25 :-X22

makealoop 02-11-2004 03:07 PM

I agree, let's see some pics. This is a color I've been wanting to see. Owner pictures are always better than those you see anywhere else. Owner pics are way more telling of what the vehicle is like.

"mad" 02-11-2004 03:21 PM

I will take some tonight and post some tomorrow!!

The XLT I test drove really looked like it was missing something and now I know exactly what it is! Those 18 inch wheels, BFGs, and the black wheel lip moldings really set off the silver color.
Actually, it is sunny here is the Seattle area, so I better take some pics while I have the chance!

fanman2 02-12-2004 09:47 AM

Mad....

Congtratulations on your new truck....and welcome to the FTE site!!!

If you stick around, you will see and learn realms of stuff about your new truck.....some of which you will definitely want to print and keep for later reference.

I hope you like your new truck as much as I like mine.....it is ABSOLUTLEY the BEST vehicle I have EVER owned....:-X03 :-D Oo. :-fire

Happy motoring.....:-X25 :-X22 :-wink

Justjimmy 02-12-2004 10:03 AM

Originally posted by "mad"
Oh, I got them down from $37,900 (market adjustment) to $31,000. They Shafted me on my Trade (last time I will own a dodge), but all-in-all, I feel I got a really good deal.
"mad", welcome. This is an awesome place for information. I, too, have a Dodge and I'm so upsidedown right now, a trade is out of the question... it would boost the F-150 to 40k.

Soon I hope.

"mad" 02-12-2004 11:12 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!!
I am sorry about the lack of pictures, but I will be washing it this evening (sure to bring back the lovely Washington Rain) and will submit them tomorrow.
Again, thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and I with this kind of response, I am sure to hang around!!
Mad

"mad" 02-13-2004 08:57 AM

Pictures of my truck are in my Gallery.
check them out and tell me what you all think!
Mad

OTHG_MIKE 02-13-2004 02:33 PM

Nice looking truck Mad. Isn't it great how you can drive a stock truck off the dealers lot and have the best looking ride on the street. At one time I liked trucks with aftermarket tires and wheels but now Ford does such a good job putting these babies together that you don't have to add a thing. There are a lot of new thucks in this forum with lift kits and bigger tires that look awsome but the stockers have a great look too. Good luck with yours and I can't wait to get mine. :-X22

"mad" 02-13-2004 04:14 PM

OTHG_Mike,
I am most definitely with you on the customization thing.
Once upon a time, I love Raised trucks as well. "If it wasn't lifted, it wasn't for me." I highly doubt that I will ever customize my truck. She looks great from the Factory.

When are you supposed to get yours?
I was originally looking at the Lariat, but when I read about the FX4, I was sold. If I decide to venture off the beaten path, I want something that will handle my alter-ego when I venture off even further.
Your Lariat will most definitely ride real nice. As a matter of fact, the lariat was the first I test drove. True Blue Metallic w/ tan leather; Man, let me tell you, that thing was nice..
Hope to talk to you soon!!