Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Gallery & Picture Display (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum77/)
-   -   Can't create gallery... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/195785-cant-create-gallery.html)

TommyLee 01-22-2004 10:50 PM

Can't create gallery...

I'm having a hard time creating my user gallery. It keeps telling me that I have to register and I am registered. Anyone else having a problem with this? I also have to log on every time I post.

Thanks

Bowcop 01-22-2004 10:52 PM

I have followed all the steps to create a gallery too, and I can't add any photos. HELP!

johare 01-22-2004 11:00 PM

My problem is that I had to shrink my photos down to a very small size to get them to be within the size limit and now when they are in large format they are very fuzzy. Any ideas on how to fix that?

I was able to create my gallery and post pictures, I am just not happy with the quality!

Timken 01-22-2004 11:36 PM

Is your system setup to always delete the cookies ? This will make you log on all the time.

Bowcop 01-22-2004 11:48 PM

johare,

It do not even give me the option to add or upload photos. Hang10 has been trying to help me with this. Nothing he has suggested has worked. I even did a search and read all the "how to" threads. Nothing has worked for me...................

Matts72 01-23-2004 12:41 AM

You have to create an album in your gallery before you can add pictures.

You should be able to have any size pictures that you want, I recommend that you change the file format to JPEG/JPG so that they are smaller than BMP files.

Bowcop 01-23-2004 12:52 AM

I have done that. But it still does not give me any icon or bar to add pics to my gallery. This is not user friendly to say the least. I would like to see one of the Mods or the Admin folks post a complete how to list for doing this. I have been talking via email to some users who have been users here far longer than I and they cant do it either.

Matts72 01-23-2004 01:21 AM

Okay, after you create an album, there is the vehicle information, then scroll down the page there are FIVE gray bars with "browse" next to them.

Mil1ion 01-23-2004 03:53 AM

Tommy.
Go into your browser settings and click *ALLOW the cookies* to enable you stay in concert with the site.

Mil1ion 01-23-2004 03:58 AM

Johare:

You need to convert them to Jpeg or Jpg format .

You can upload a pic at least 90kb in size. or 800 x 600 Pixels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bowcop:

First...... You need to create an ALBUM now that your gallery has a name.
You can't upload pics until you have created albums for the pics to go in.

johare 01-23-2004 07:08 AM

Mil1ion,
I used Jpeg format but made very small pictures. 100x60 pixels. i will enlarge then! Thanks!

TommyLee 01-23-2004 04:58 PM

Thanks guys

OK, I have my Album set up, but when I begin to upload the images, the page times out and a "can't find page" page pops up. Anyone else see this problem?

Thanks for the patience...

Mil1ion 01-23-2004 05:19 PM

It worked okay for me..

I think your problem is your browser and its settings :)

Matts72 01-23-2004 08:12 PM

Do you have a dial up connection? Are you using AOL?

Those are the most common problems, the timeout is because your connection is pausing, if you have a phone connected tot he same jack or a fax machine, or a line pause machine, then you will have problems.