Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Lariat Pictures? Trying to decide on color. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/193814-lariat-pictures-trying-to-decide-on-color.html)

LanderBlue 01-18-2004 06:36 AM

Lariat Pictures? Trying to decide on color.

Hey all, new to posting on this forum but have read and followed it for a while. I have decided to take the plunge and order a new 04 F-150 supercab 4x4 Lariat. I currently own a 98 F-150 reg cab 4x4 Lariat. It has been a great truck, but I love these 04s. (I also have a little one on the way and will need some extra room soon.) I am having a little trouble deciding on a color. I really like the medium wedgewood blue, but not sure about the lower two tone. I am leaning towards the solid color but I would like to see some pictures of all the available colors. I really enjoy this forum and find it very helpful and informative... Thanks....

98 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 reg cab.
65 Ford Mustang 289 A-code 4speed

dneinstadt 01-19-2004 11:07 AM

Medium Wedgewood Blue with two tone in a Lariat.

My truck:
http://www.bonestroo.com/dln/pics/04f150/pass.jpg

Dan

Mudlord 01-19-2004 12:22 PM

Pictures of mine are in my gallery - black over Arizona beige.

1956MarkII 01-19-2004 01:58 PM

I've had a few come in that were solid color, and they just don't look right, with one exception. That's the Arizona Beige, especially with the black interior- very nice! Keep in mind that the grille and wheels on the Lariat are always the beige. Without the 2-tone, the grille (especially) looks "lost." Of course, you could always paint the grille: it shouldn't take much to mask it off and spray it.

splash4988 01-19-2004 02:04 PM

I have an 04 SCREW 4x4 Lariat loade with every option except the audiophile stereo. I have the crome tube steps and my truck is Black with arizona beige bottom. I have the tan interior with the floor mount shifter. I love it. The only drawback is black is a pian in the butt to keep clean!!!

Carnivore 01-19-2004 03:00 PM

I got the dark green which looks sweet. Im not a fan of two tone colors.

LanderBlue 01-20-2004 05:27 AM

I appreciate the replys. A tough decision. Great looking trucks...
I have seen most of the colors in person. I really like the Lariat. Not really overly excited about the wheels on them, but for what you get I think they are really thew best value for the money.:-X04

SykoX 01-24-2004 07:24 AM

Here is mine in Arizona Beige, as far as the wheels, they match this color well but look a tad different on some of the other color schemes.

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/sykox/images/F150Lariat.jpg

TWellmann 01-24-2004 12:44 PM

I've got pics of my truck in my gallery. It's dark toreador red with a black interior.

Don't be fooled by the Fx4 logos or wheels on my truck. It's really a Lariat with the logos and wheels put on after I took delivery - I wanted the sporty look with all of the goodies the Lariat offered. :)

jcreality 01-24-2004 02:41 PM

Lander Blue......

Just so you know.....Meduim Wedgewood blue in the LARIAT ONLY comes as a two-tone. The "lower" trimlines can have it a solid color, but in the Lariat, to get the Med. Wedg. Blu., it HAS to be two-toned. Atleast currently.
Same goes for the Bright Red color choice. (of course Arizona Beige does not have the two-tone option. lol )
I was considering something similar during my decisions, but found that those two colors, again for the Lariat ONLY, are only currently available as a two-tone selection.

By the way.......does ANYONE here have pics of the Lariat Arizona Beige with BLACK interior as 1956MarkII refers to? Would be very helpful for me to see it. ;)

Hope that helps! :)

Benoit1967 01-24-2004 11:17 PM

I like the blue one. The black looks good but it's a pain to keep clean. The white, well, there are too any of them on the road already.

I prefer the Dark Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic myself, with the two tones option.

We won't buy the Lariat though... We are after an FX4. That's only a personal choice. The Lariat looks awesome... except for the plasticwood... Personal choice, again.

GGruBB 01-25-2004 01:20 PM

I have a 04 Lariat SC. AZ beige with black (int). All the options.
I was going to get aftermarket "wood dash" panels, but after a while you dont notice the "plasticwood" as much. The white gage package of the Lariat looks really cool.

No complaints about any money spent on options.

Especially back-up prox indicator (and Audiophile).

Captain Jim 01-26-2004 09:52 PM

I love my colors. Lot's of car washes but worth it!!

BVFD1983 01-26-2004 10:04 PM

The Lariat with FX4 stickers looks awesome!

jcreality 01-27-2004 12:46 AM

GGruBB! I wanna see your truck.....do you have pics? :D I wanna see how the black contrasts with the Beige you have! I've heard it's nice, but have yet to see it. If you have pics, but don't know how to post 'em here, can you email them to me if you have some spare time? Thanx a ton!

By the way.......I don't know why everyone 'else' acts/seems displeased with the "wood" panels.... Personally, I think they look great. Yeah, there are better choices out there, but nice just-the-same! :)