Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Need New Digital Readout computer for Ford F250 Overhead console?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/18894-need-new-digital-readout-computer-for-ford-f250-overhead-console.html)

WrangleMomma 09-16-2002 10:39 AM

Need New Digital Readout computer for Ford F250 Overhead console??

:-huh Hi again! I am running into a brick wall with my overhead console computer. It's on a Ford F250 Lariat. I have tried finding the part online using the part number, and as I'm not sure what the "official" name of the part is...my search has been fruitless. After removing the old part, it became apparent that a component has "burned up", leaving a black mark on the left side of the digital display, and common sense tells me that this is the reason for the inaccurate display of information on the readout. Can anyone help me locate a new part? Salvage yard or new, I DON'T CARE! I'm open to any help at all! By the way, in case it helps, the part number is F81B-25519C44-A. Thanks guys, and my "Beastie" will thank you too if we find a replacement for this "sick" part, and get my "Beastie" back on its feet! Thanks again!
Wranglemomma :-X24

Monsta 09-16-2002 01:30 PM

Hi, not sure where you live but you can try this salvage yard in the town I work in. He has a few chopped up Excursions :'( in his yard.

ABC Used auto parts - 1-800-252-8073 Leominster, Mass.

It is part of a huge network of auto parts stores here in MA.

Good luck.

Did you try www.fordpartsonline.com ?

chuckwpb 09-17-2002 04:28 AM

I am also curious if a Lariat style overhead console etc could be ordered and added to my 1999 XLT. FMC wants you to invest in the Lariat package, so it might not be easy to order. Anyone have experience with this?

Chuck

1999 F250 SD SC 4x4 V10 XLT:-huh

lugnut 09-17-2002 11:12 PM

There was a thread about this several months back. A guy bought the parts; posted the part#s and everything. He never followed up with how it worked out!?!? Try a search.
mike

Bubzilla 09-19-2002 03:38 PM

Wranglemomma

I installed an overhead console in my 2001 F250 SD. The part with the digital display lists for $262.82 here in the SF Bay Area. The part number is YC3Z-25519C44-AAA. Hope this helps. Now all I need to figure out is where the outside air temp sensor and cable connect to under the hood and that part of the console will work too!

Tom

Monsta 09-19-2002 05:24 PM

>Now all I need to figure out is where the outside air temp sensor and cable connect to under the hood and that part of the console will work too!
>
>Tom

Tom, it will connect to your non-existant ambient air temp sensor. You'll have to pull one off a wrecked truck (hopefully not a frontal collision as they are located on the driver's side, behind the grill and next to the radiator. It is about the size of your thumb and kinda pointy on the top.)

or you'll have to go visit your dealer again...x(

Idaho 09-19-2002 08:16 PM

Monsta 12-12-2007 12:17 PM

Holy thread resurrection!! :D

miller_feed 12-12-2007 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SELFHELP777
I found a web site that sells new ones for alot less than ford www.newfordtruckparts.com

hope this helps

Do you know this thread is from 2002.

Wow, Heck of a search.

BTW. Welcome to FTE.

miller_feed 12-12-2007 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Monsta
Holy thread resurrection!! :D

Ha, just noticed you posted in that thread. :-D

mighkel 04-18-2008 03:59 PM

T.G.f.SEARCH! This old thread just saved me some cabbage!

:-drink

wog 04-18-2009 01:54 PM

Faulty design, easliy fixed with soldering iron

There appears to be a design problem with this part, F81B-25519C44-A. Mine quit working also. I found the follow guy on ebay that is offering to repairs this for you for $80.

eBay Motors: Ford F250 F81B-25519C44-A Compass Fuel Meter Rebuild (item 280311919367 end time May-10-09 14:19:13 PDT)

Not bad, ...but I figured if he could do it so could I. Upon visual inspection of the circuit card it was almost immediately obvious what the problem was and I had mine fixed in about 30 minutes. :)

1. remove the module from the cab overhead.

2. turn the module over, and remove the 1 screw in the center of the back side to remove the ciruit card from the housing.

3. look behind the display screen on the circuit card, you will see 7 resistor labeled "680". The problem is that these parts get warm, melt the solder and come loose or fall off. When I looked at mine, 4 of the 7 had partially disconnected from the circuit card.

4. To fix this, fold the display panel forward to get it out of the way, then solder the resistors back down to the circuit card.

5. Use a ohmeter to verify you have them fixed as follows:

There are 4 resistor in parallel across the card, and these should measure about 17 ohms (68.0 divided by 4).

There are 3 resistor in parallell up the right side, and these should measure 22 ohms (68.0 divided by 3).

wog 04-18-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mighkel (Post 6055704)
T.G.f.SEARCH! This old thread just saved me some cabbage!

There appears to be a design problem with this part, F81B-25519C44-A. Mine quit working also. I found the follow guy on ebay that is offering to repairs this for you for $80.

eBay Motors: Ford F250 F81B-25519C44-A Compass Fuel Meter Rebuild (item 280311919367 end time May-10-09 14:19:13 PDT)

Not bad, ...but I figured if he could do it so could I. Upon visual inspection of the circuit card it was almost immediately obvious what the problem was and I had mine fixed in about 30 minutes.

1. remove the module from the cab overhead.

2. turn the module over, and remove the 1 screw in the center of the back side to remove the ciruit card from the housing.

3. look behind the display screen on the circuit card, you will see 7 resistor labeled "680". The problem is that these parts get warm, melt the solder and come loose or fall off. When I looked at mine, 4 of the 7 had partially disconnected from the circuit card.

4. To fix this, fold the display panel forward to get it out of the way, then solder the resistors back down to the circuit card.

5. Use a ohmeter to verify you have them fixed as follows:

There are 4 resistor in parallel across the card, and these should measure about 17 ohms (68.0 divided by 4).

There are 3 resistor in parallell up the right side, and these should measure 22 ohms (68.0 divided by 3).

captain my captain 01-31-2010 02:15 PM

WOG you are the man. I am no electronics expert. I look at the circuit card as you described. I needed glasses and a bright light but I saw two resistors that looked burned. I touched solder to each one... and it's working like a charm.

wog 01-31-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by captain my captain (Post 8447757)
WOG you are the man. I am no electronics expert. I look at the circuit card as you described. I needed glasses and a bright light but I saw two resistors that looked burned. I touched solder to each one... and it's working like a charm.

Wonderful! Glad my post helped someone. Thanks for the feedback.:-X21