Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum81/)
-   -   parting out 75 f-100 4x4, will fit 73-79 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/186002-parting-out-75-f-100-4x4-will-fit-73-79-a.html)

fordmaniac21 12-28-2003 05:46 PM

parting out 75 f-100 4x4, will fit 73-79

i just bought a 78 bronco so i am going to part out my 75 f-100. i am going to keep some of the stuff off of it but most of the truck will go. the truck is in one peice until everyone picks what parts they need. here is what i know i will not need:
-390 engine bored .060 over (needs head work and rings) it was smoking really bad and is out of the truck and apart
-edelbrock performer 390 aluminum intake manifold
-390 headers
-alternator
-390 water pump
-3 core radiator
-2 1/2" dual exhaust with glass packs
-hood, hood hinges
-grill, headlights, tail lights, marker lights
-dana 44 front axle with new drums and brakes
-ford 9 inch rear axle (once i swap out third members)
-c6 transmission
-np 203 transfer case
-dash stuff (insterment cluster, glove box, headlight and wiper swithes, steering column for auto tranny, heater controls)
-sliding rear window (good condition, not cracked)
-cab and bed
-doors
-power assist steering (everything)
-steering box
i might have more this is all that i can think of right now.
make me an offer on all parts. i will consider trades for full size bronco parts. will not ship, must pick up. i am near morrison, colorado on the far west side of denver right by the mountains. about 5 minutes from c-470 and hwy 285. drop me an email for more info or post it here and i will get you my phone number and any info that you want. i do not have a digital camera and there is way too much to take individual pictures of everything.

rikfish 12-28-2003 06:42 PM

Check your email Paul.

fordmaniac21 12-28-2003 10:09 PM

the bed it in decent shape. has dents on the top of the bed rails and a dent in front of the drivers side rear wheel well. not sure on a price yet. yall can come look at it this weekend if ya want.

i need a rear seat for a bronco. anyone know of one for cheap or trade in the denver area????

rikfish 12-28-2003 10:46 PM

I'll call my friend in the morning to see if he is interested. He will need a way to get in touch with you as he has no email, internet, nada.

Mike G 12-29-2003 10:25 AM

Hey Paul:
Sorry to hear that you have decided to move body styles;) . If that bad boy was only a 2x, I'd be stopping by on my way home from work! There are a couple items I may be interested in if possible. The radiator and lines would be one, the seat being the second. Just let me know where you stand on the parts and prices. I am off of Kipling and KenCaryl so you are "just up the street"
Thanks man, --Mike

Burg460 12-29-2003 04:57 PM

How is the cab??

I need a cab for my F250 because it has been rolled and its all messed up and full of bondo. I am just not sure if the cabs are all the same from F100-F350.

fordmaniac21 12-29-2003 09:11 PM

in a way i havent changed body styles. it has the same front from the grill to just behind the doors, just without a bed lol.

mike g, i do have the radiator that came out of the truck. its all muddy right now but no leaks. the overflow tube broke off and i jb welded it on and it broke while i was taking it out when i pulled the engine. as for the lines for the auto tranny cooler, i couldnt get em off so i cut them about 4 inches from the radiator.

burg460, the cab has rust in the lower part behind the door and i "custom fabed" new floor boards for it. not stoock but at least there are no holes in the floor boards. as far as i know all cabs are interchangable from 73 to 79. just different stuff bolted to em.

Mike G 12-31-2003 10:48 AM

:-X22 So your right, I didnt even think about the front half of the Bronco...

Pick a number for the radiator, I can even use the stubby tranny lines for guidance. I'll check over at Colorado Salvage next week for a seat for you. They usually have a Bronco or two in the yard. I think they charge $60 for bench seats.

--Mike

fordmaniac21 12-31-2003 07:33 PM

i was just there yesterday. i saw 2 seats. 40 bucks a peice. i also saw a 79 with a rear tire carrier. they only wanted 15 bucks for it. i may go get it on friday. ill prolly wait on the rear seat for now. i got some wiring problems to take care of this weekend and get my swampers on the bronc. and whatever else i can think of off of the pickup that i want.
you can come take a look at the radiator if ya want. the uprights on it need tack welded back to the top tank so id let ya have it for next to nothing. i have a 4 core too but i might put that in the bronco, havent made up my mind yet.

fordmaniac21 01-06-2004 10:23 PM

parts with prices

here is an updated list with prices. i may have more just ask.
-390 engine bored .060 over (needs head work and rings)
-edelbrock performer 390 intake manifold $125
-390 headers $50
-alternator $25
-390 water pump
-3 core radiator $40
-2 1/2" dual exhaust with glass packs
-hood
-hood hinges
-dana 44 front axle with new drums and brakes $300
-ford 9 inch rear axle $300
-c6 transmission
-np 203 transfer case (new chain& seals:spring 03)
-dash stuff (insterment cluster,
-steering column for auto tranny $50
-sliding rear window $50
-cab and bed
-power assist steering (everything)
-steering box $125

Mike G 01-07-2004 10:47 AM

Thanks Paul, I have your numbers and may give you a call later this week/end. Need to find a little play time you know
--Mike;)

rikfish 01-07-2004 12:45 PM

Paul, Did my old neighbor ever contact you about the bed?

fordmaniac21 01-07-2004 09:53 PM

no one has contacted me about anything except mikeg. he can call my cell phone, the number i gave you, anytime during the day.
thats cool mike, ill be around tryin to get this bronco road worthy. the 949 number is my cell, i have that on me all the ttime.

fordmaniac21 01-27-2004 10:44 PM

i still have the truck. i need to sell some stuff so i can get some parts for my bronco. email me if any questions.
here is an update of parts that werent listed:

-9 inch rear axle unsure of ratio (came out of my bronco) 28 spline
-dana 44 front axle drum brakes, 3.50 ratio, drum to drum
-front axle and all associated parts
-heavy duty rear springs
-4 inch lift coils and rear lift blocks i think it is rancho but not sure
-edelbrock 600 cfm carb
-78 bronco inside tire rack

and i will have a set of 35 inch pro comp muds almost new on 15x8 w/ 5 on 5.5 chrome wagon wheels when i get the money to swap my swampers to my other wheels.

Colo79Ford 01-29-2004 08:41 PM

Looking for bronco parts? Try pull n save in aurora.. they have a web site, just do a search for it thier prices are the best, and they usually have 2-3 broncos there