Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Am I being left out intentionally? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/185836-am-i-being-left-out-intentionally.html)

Jimmy Dean 12-28-2003 03:35 AM

Am I being left out intentionally?

OK peeps, been reading through about 10 pages of threads, andI am always coming upon the same bellsing!

Bless our trrops overseas who will not be with their families for the holidays and are dfending our country in these times stuff.

I mean ok great tehy need your prayers, what about the rest of us? I am a lucky one, I am stationed close enough to my family to see them when need be. But what about my friends? Plenty of them. Live to far away to see the folks but once or twice a year? stayed home alone for x-mas, again, jsut like last year? I mean, no we are not oer there shootin us some iraqis, but we have an important job over here to take care of right now! Without our base and our troops who do not deploy, there would not be any C-130 pilots in the world. (So everyone knows, the 130 is the work horse of the cargo fleet. along with the 17 of course, it is the plane that brings in supplys on a 200 yard dirt strip. or is loaded with guns and can fill every square inch of a fottbal field with gun fre from 20mm to a 105 howitzer in one pass) People have to stay home and protect the fort. I have yet to hear of someone who says bless our troops abroad and those that are home to protect us. Instead it is , 'curse those Weekend Warriors slowing us down in the airport!' I mean, come on people! Is a little thought to much to ask for? We have given up just as much as the guy across the pond, and are willing to go over there if need be.

Sorry for the rant guys, but it really gets on my nerves. NO .ONE ever seems to remember that there are those of us here in the states that will be at work christmas morning instead of with their folks or even at their house to see their kids open presents.

I personally, will be watching times square on the TV from work here in a few more days.

And to add, what bout asking God to watch over all the Cops and Firemen? The CIA and FBI agents around the world and here in the states protecting our rights? knowing that if they die noone will know what for? What about your neighbor? Did you ask God to watch over him? It is me, and you, and your neighbor, that cop, that secret agent, whoever that makes this country great. Not Just the American Soldier overseas.

OK, so maybe I am here at work, typing to yall on a computer, watching 'League of Extraordinary Gentleman' on the TV, but I have a job as important, (if not more so to be honest) than someof thsoe guys yall are always prayin for.

Sorry.

Jimmy Dean.

tired of being left out of everyone elses prayers, along with 249 million of his countrymen.

Mike W 12-28-2003 03:47 AM

I appreciate your work Jimmy Dean. I was there once. :)

johare 12-28-2003 07:09 AM

Jimmy Dean,
My son is in the AF and stationed at Whiteman right now. I know what you are saying. He has to make sacrifices for the sake of our rights and freedoms as do all of you. He was in Afganistan last Christmas but was fortunate to be home this year. He could be deployed at any time and to anywhere and he knows that. So does his family.

Believe me I appreciate the sacrifices of all military and other public servants who keep us safe. Thanks and keep up the good work!

TLD 12-28-2003 07:38 AM

The Bless the Troops etc MEANS all military personnel regardlees of branch of service or if they are full time or weekend warriors.
The Regular Military would not be able to function without the support of the reserves etc.
It also means to Bless those who serve outside the military like fire and police who have been brought to the firefront in protecting our homes etc from attacks like none other that anyone would ever imagine in this country.
It also means the to Bless the avergae working joe who keeps it together working to support a family during tough economic times and threats of attack. It really Means BLESS ALL OF US even you JOE.

Andysutt 12-28-2003 08:40 AM

Jimmy Dean,
Sorry if anything I said made you mad in other forums
You know I hope you had a great Christmas and I appreciate what you do everyday.

FordFadgeole 12-28-2003 08:42 AM

I do pray for all our troops .my son goes over in march to Iraq and I realize for him to be effective he needs support from back here in the states.you guys are doing a great job over here also we realize we couldn't do it without you.keep up the good work.i am praying for all of you.:)

RexB 12-28-2003 08:46 AM

I hear ya', and often think of past and present comrades scattered around the world working in many jobs to aid our country's way in the world. Keep up the good work, you're not forgotten, thankyou.

Rex Roads, CTTCM(SS), Ret
Yankee Station to Dharan

Bimmer ese 12-28-2003 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Mike W
I appreciate your work Jimmy Dean. I was there once. :)
Here, here!

90ebbronc 12-28-2003 10:40 AM

JimmyDean, unlike some of the others that have posted, i have not been there and will never get the chance to be there cause of a medical condition. But i will say that i am a firefighter, and always will be. I have a cousin that is in the AF, he is a crew chief stationed in tulsa. I cant speak for everyone here, but i do remember the ones that are here, and to be honest i thank God that they are here instead of in the danger of daily car bombs. JimmyDean, u are NOT forgotten by any means. I have a friend in fort hood right now that is being deployed after the year to iraq. The soldiers that are still here are not forgotten at all. If anything is forgotten its the police officers (that give u tickets on christmas or any other time) and the firefighters (that couldnt save a house cause it was to far gone) and the Paramedics/emts (that couldnt get the sick to the hospital fast enough cause ppl dont get out of there way now they are blamed for the person dying) are the ones that keep on getting forgotten every day and night.

:-fire

true4.2 12-28-2003 01:09 PM

Alfred,

I pray for you daily, though you don't realize it. :) God bless you man!

Texan1983 12-28-2003 01:22 PM

i know what you mean man. i worked on christmas day too, and on all the calls to peoples homes that day, i think i got one "thank you guys for comeing out today" and"Merry Christmas" but no, most of it was, "what took so long?" and "was it nessisary to speed through the neighborhood?" sometimes it's tough. just got to hang in there and remember what you are there for.

Greywolf 12-28-2003 11:16 PM

You can get killed by a spinning prop just as dead as by a bullet - that's a no-kidder.

#2 - Someone has to oil the guns, someone has to maintain the barracks, somebody out there hates it that they have nothing better to do for uncle Sam than to peal potatoes... But it all adds up to putting firepower into the field.

You're not there for nothing, and everything you do matters.

KEEP THE FAITH

A lot of people are counting on you, believe me....

rlh 12-28-2003 11:48 PM

Jimmy Dean :-X22 :-X22 :-X22

MisterCMK 12-29-2003 12:01 AM

God bless Jimmy Dean, and ALL of the people that help to make our country what it is today.

Jimmy Dean 12-29-2003 02:58 AM

Wolf, I know what I am here for, I know exactly how my work affects the 'real' military as some would call it. I go to Church on occasion though, and Father may take a few prayers from the congregation, and some random person ALWAYS stands up and says God bless our troops serving overseas who without their sacrifices none of us would be here. I mean COME ON!!!! sacrifices? Yes they do, it sucks I know, but I honestly stand a bigger chance of having a plane fall on my house when I go to sleep than they do of getting KIA. I am sorry if I sound selfish, but enough is enough already. The cook is (almost) as important as the person on the ground with the gun or the one in the air with the 60 million dollar piece of killing machine. (The whole chef thing is something else I will rant on eventually) Tehy (we) are all deserving of the prayers and blessings. same as the Maytag repairman may not seem important right now, but you will curse him when you crap aint workin. But you are not going ot pray for his health when you do not see /need him. I do not know if that came across right. But we are all needed for the goals to be achieved. We being every G.I., and every gov worker, police firefighter, postal employee, and every other American out there.