Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   3.8 & 4.2L V6 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum50/)
-   -   Hauling bikes (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/181168-hauling-bikes.html)

travlnman 12-12-2003 10:34 PM

Hauling bikes

So what kind of bikes does everyone haul in their trucks?Brian I noticed in your profile that you may occasionally like to ride a bike.Mine is a 2000 sv 650, blue, jetted , leo vince slip on, modified air box, and currently in need of a back tire. I would assume that 'busa also occasionally likes to ride. I couldn't afford the big stuff, but when the road curves I have fun. Brian, do you ever get to ride in Cheaha state park? When I ride that's usually where I go , if so I have probably seen you there.Here's looking for spring time and new rubber!!!

P.S. How's that for sneaking in bikes on a truck forum, sorry!:rolleyes:

BrianA 12-12-2003 10:47 PM

Always willing to talk motorcycles!
I have hauled 2 Yamaha's from Pennsylvania to Trussville.
An XS 650 and an XS 500. Both were in the bed. Had no problems. That's the only time I have ever hauled bikes in my truck (except for the 3 wheeler)
I ride Cheaha often. We will FOR SURE have to hook up come spring. Ever ride Hiway 25 down near 29 dreams?
As a matter of fact, I just came up from tearing into the CBR1000. Had the hose split that goes from the radiator to the external resovoir. Pain in the butt!
My other bikes are a Super Hawk 996 and an '85 Nighthawk S.
Both have been jetted and piped.

Tom does ride a Hyabusa. Not sure about other motorcycle riders in the 4.2 forum. Maybe others will respond.

travlnman 12-13-2003 09:37 AM

Outstanding Brian, I'm not a hardcore knee dragger, but I do love to ride. That's an impressive list of rides you got there. As I said I would not be suprised if I have seen you before on the mountain. I only get to ride on Sat. &Sun. , as evidenced by the fact that my bike only has less than 5k on the clock and I have had it nearly 4yrs. I have not ridden 29 dreams, but I would like to, I would also like to tame the dragon, just to say I did. One guy told me to go on a weekday, so the trafic would be less. Sounds like good advice to me. It's my understanding that they are doing some blacktop paving on 281 on mt. cheaha. If that's true, it will be awesome this spring. I hope to get a new back shock, and new handlebars this winter, along with a new back tire.

Okay everybody, what do you ride and where do you ride it???Oo.

James's f_1_fiddy01 12-14-2003 07:28 PM

i got a 900RR CBR thats what i haul around...its a stunt bike so thats why its towed everywhere...anyways thats it

travlnman 12-15-2003 08:11 PM

James,

Stuntrider 'eh. I don't got the uh... cahones' for that stuff. Either that or the fact that I don't heal as fast as I used to, and I got a wife , a son, good job and a whole lot of people I owe money to, who would like to get paid, sooner or later. But I have seen you guys do some awesome stuff, if that's your thing, then do it well. I had a video of some of the most horrific crashes, but they appeared to be amateurs, kids mostly.Be safe man maybe we'll see you on t.v. one day ...not crashing of course.

Racer27 12-15-2003 11:24 PM

I have 2000 600F4 Race bike.HRC race kit. it pulls HARD.. for a 600 it would suprise the hell outa ya.