Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   DRL Module Location?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/180965-drl-module-location.html)

elkfever 12-12-2003 11:15 AM

DRL Module Location??

My 2000 F350 was originally sold in Canada, and is equipped with Daytime Running Lights (DRL).

I want to disable that feature, but am unable to find the DRL Module. I did identify the DRL Resistor which is located behind the driver's side headlight (as per Ford information). Ford information shows the DRL module to be located behind the glove box; I have removed the glove box, checked both sides of the firewall, but am unable to find the module.

Can anyone identify the module location please.
Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

oppy 12-12-2003 11:54 AM

Why do you want to disable them? I kinda like mine.

I'll check my service manual when I get home and let you know if someone hasn't already.

elkfever 12-12-2003 12:17 PM

Oppy,
I purchased a disabling adaptor from TYMAR for $8, and just want the option of running without daytime lights (for example when driving into hunting camp). Any info you can provide from your service manual will be appreciated.
Thanks

oppy 12-12-2003 12:48 PM

Good idea - never thought of that. So, the Tymar adapter is some kind of switch, or?? Sounds like a decent cheap investment.

elkfever 12-12-2003 01:48 PM

Oppy,
The adaptor is a Ford part. Dale Isley at Tymar mentioned he had the used adapter plug when I ordered a Tymar Intake System for my Powerstroke Diesel. The adapter plugs into the wiring harness in place of the DRL module. You could probably obtain the part directly from Ford for their retail price of $16. Sorry but I do not have a part number, but the adapter plug is stamped FOEB-14A624-A.

oppy 12-13-2003 09:16 AM

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

According to my service manual, the DRLs have 2 relays, both of which are at the left rear of the engine compartment in Auxiliary Relay Box 2.

I don't have a good diagram of it, but you should be able to tell which one you need by the pin configuration.

There is also a resistor near the left side headlight, but you already found that and it's not what you were looking for.

Good luck, and let me know how it works.

erniek70 12-22-2010 09:50 PM

Is there an actual DRL module, or just the relays only? My headlights are not working properly (no low-beams, and high beams only with the manual headlight switch). I was told it MIGHT be the DRLs causing it. Any ideas?

bunklash 12-23-2010 05:19 PM

"......just want the option of running without daytime lights (for example when driving into hunting camp)"

Is that because the elk can hear you coming if the DRL's are on?:-X24

gearloose1 12-23-2010 06:14 PM

"FORD F-150 Trucks Replace the DRL relay (located top of pass side dash) with a loop back plug (or modify it). But first try unplugging the dropping resistor (located at Left front of truck, underneath)."

DADRL - How To Disable DRLs

On my E series, unplugging the DRL module behind the grill did it.

erniek70 01-03-2011 05:03 AM

removed switch, then re-installed. all lights worked for a bit, then low-beams stopped working again! DRLs are not working either.

erniek70 01-03-2011 05:18 AM

Anyopne know where the DRL is on an '05 SD? Are they only controlled by the relays under hood? An actual module somewhere? Could it be the source of my problem?

Ace_boy2786 04-17-2013 11:02 PM

There is no DRL Modules, only 3 relays tied into the headlights and a resistor. I am currently looking inot hooking them up but instead of to the headlights sending the DRL signal to the fog lights.

jm-bc 03-30-2017 02:32 PM

The relays are located above the glovebox on my 2000 F350. There are three bolts on the base of the glovebox. $1 to remove the bolts - $99 to know what bolts to remove. Ford did not make this obvious.