Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Saddened by the following: (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/176742-saddened-by-the-following.html)

xfoa_chad 11-30-2003 08:54 PM

Saddened by the following:

It was Friday around 1:00 P.M... A friend of my familys ' 85 mustang broke down here in Fayetteville, so he called his brother and asked him to help tow it back home to work on it. Whith the tow chain secured they start off with no problems. Everything seems fine they were almost home when crossing hwy 19 and 41 (near Atlanta motor speedway) out of nowhere a 41 year old lady comes screaming over the hill where they were crossing "T-Bones" him in a late '90 series mustang. Ben says he heard the sound of crashing glass and screaching of tires as he looked back and his mustang was gone as was his brother. Stoping the truck gets out and sees the 3/8" logging tow chain completely snaped in half further down the road is his mustang folded in half the drivers door crushed to the passengers door with his brother crushed between. The police come his brother is gone he is a young lad with a young baby and girlfriend waiting at home for him to arrive. As the poilce investigate and find over 200 feet of skid marks The lady must have been excesively speeding. The car Justin is in is corded off as his mother arives to the Horror of the sceen. In a state of shock she ask why the have not taken him out of the car yet. The officer says it is now a homicide investigation. 2 hours pass and they cut his lifeless body from the car and is taken to the morge for a full investigation...The lady that was driving the car that hit him is take to a local hospital with minor injurys. ..

This is a Real story that happened 11/28/2003 in Hampton, GA.

Now that you have read this and I dont want you to think I am getting all preachy but if you do not have you life right with God you could spend your Eternal Life in the damnation of Hell.... Life is Short. Hell is Forever. Think about that the next time you look down and your running over a 100 down the Hwy. Think about the Lives that you endanger. You not only take your life in your hands but eveyone elses lifes in your hands too.

You will be greatly missed Justin. 11/28/2003

I am getting off my soap box now

hdgapeach 01-14-2004 11:39 PM

Amen to that

AMEN to that, brother. And don't you ever get off that "soap box". God is forever, and we are just mortals on this earth for just a speck of time considering how long God has been watching what mortal man has been doing to his creation over the past centuries. If you are going to exist in this world, why waste it fighting the one who put you here? You only get one chance, might as well do it right and get the rewards for it!
God bless,
William

GrayRanger4x4 01-15-2004 05:09 PM

As Toby Keith would say""Preach on!!""

rebocardo 02-15-2004 12:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Many years ago I gave up driving fast, not for my own safety, for those around me. My friend was driving safe when he almost ran over a kid that came out of a driveway on a big wheel (he choose to hit a tree instead - only about 5 mph).

It got us to thinking about what we could ever say to a parent if we ran over a kid, even accidently, never mind speeding. So, we gave up speeding and driving crazy. I have not had a speeding ticket or moving violation since 1987 and hopefully will not for the rest of my life.

I have had accidents since then, mostly from people that ran stop signs or had road rage against me from driving the speed limit. Got hit by a drunk too when he plowed through a yield sign and T-boned my car almost head on.

fishmanndotcom 02-23-2004 10:19 AM

I like the idiots that run 100 with a trailer....they think nothing will ever happen to them. I am glad my truck won't run 100. I go by Atlanta Motor Speedway going to Griffin Tech everyday so i know exactly where you are talking about.

Sorry to hear about the loss!

Fly With Christ
-jason-

russ88b2 02-29-2004 01:54 PM

Awful story. As as Police Officer, I saw too many times the result of people driving too fast. I work a different job now, and I see people driving too fast everyday. You never know, and you can never be too careful when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. Don't be ashamed of the post you left. We all need a reminder now and then about how we are living our lives.

Johnboy_BoomerSooner 03-09-2004 09:34 AM

I'm sorry about your loss xfoa_chad.

I live here in griffin for now, and moving from a small town out west in OK to the Atlanta Metro area has been a real challenge driving wise. 285 should just be renamed to Atlanta Motor Speedway the way they drive around there. And xfoa_chad, if I'm not mistaken that whole area has been under const. for highway 20 for a long time now. It's ruduced speed from the new overpass there to that intersection... those guys working there reduce those speeds for a reason, they have family's too. It's hard to imagine why someone would be in that much of a hurry through there. I do hope he knew the Lord as his savior. I lost my Dad on Feb. 5th of this year to a sudden heart attack, he was 56 years old. I can atleast take comfort to know that about 4 years ago he dedicated his life to christ, was saved, re-baptized, and has been on fire ever since doing the Lords work.

Again I'm sorry for your loss.

xfoa_chad 03-15-2004 12:42 PM

i am sorry for your loose as well i lost my mom 2 years ago feb 3

i have been trying be a advocate for God ever since..

you should try and come to a xfoa meeting at wings and things in fayetteville