Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Saddened by the following: (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/176740-saddened-by-the-following.html)

xfoa_chad 11-30-2003 08:52 PM

Saddened by the following:

It was Friday around 1:00 P.M... A friend of my familys ' 85 mustang broke down here in Fayetteville, so he called his brother and asked him to help tow it back home to work on it. Whith the tow chain secured they start off with no problems. Everything seems fine they were almost home when crossing hwy 19 and 41 (near Atlanta motor speedway) out of nowhere a 41 year old lady comes screaming over the hill where they were crossing "T-Bones" him in a late '90 series mustang. Ben says he heard the sound of crashing glass and screaching of tires as he looked back and his mustang was gone as was his brother. Stoping the truck gets out and sees the 3/8" logging tow chain completely snaped in half further down the road is his mustang folded in half the drivers door crushed to the passengers door with his brother crushed between. The police come his brother is gone he is a young lad with a young baby and girlfriend waiting at home for him to arrive. As the poilce investigate and find over 200 feet of skid marks The lady must have been excesively speeding. The car Justin is in is corded off as his mother arives to the Horror of the sceen. In a state of shock she ask why the have not taken him out of the car yet. The officer says it is now a homicide investigation. 2 hours pass and they cut his lifeless body from the car and is taken to the morge for a full investigation...The lady that was driving the car that hit him is take to a local hospital with minor injurys. ..

This is a Real story that happened 11/28/2003 in Hampton, GA.

Now that you have read this and I dont want you to think I am getting all preachy but if you do not have you life right with God you could spend your Eternal Life in the damnation of Hell.... Life is Short. Hell is Forever. Think about that the next time you look down and your running over a 100 down the Hwy. Think about the Lives that you endanger. You not only take your life in your hands but eveyone elses lifes in your hands too.

You will be greatly missed Justin. 11/28/2003

I am getting off my soap box now

fordeverpower 11-30-2003 08:58 PM

sorry to hear man. my dad was killed by 2 guys race down a highway one night and they walked away with failure to maintain control. They were side by side going down the road at excessive speeds.

Andysutt 11-30-2003 09:01 PM

Sorry to hear that. May he go to a better place
God Bless

drunkenmonk 12-01-2003 12:27 AM

sorry for your loss

nobody thinks about it when they're speeding, but
you are in control(hopefully) of >2 tons of steel carying several gallons of HYDROGEN based fuel (thats right gasoline is a hydro-carbon, so theres hydrogen in your tank)

BIG RESPONSABILITY
SLOW DOWN
yeah your car corners real good, but what about the kid in the road around that corner ?
what if you have a blowout?
how bout a sudden unexpected heart attack?

SLOW DOWN

thank you for sharing your tradgedy with us
I truly wish it had not happened to anyone,
but hopefully reading about it will make at least one person stop being a stupid a$$

carpe_diem 12-01-2003 12:40 AM

You can do everything right - perfect even and you can still depart any time, for any reason. There is utterly no predictability in this. Everybody lives their lives as if they were immortal, yet the opposite is true.

Let me make this perfectly clear: You are guaranteed absolutely nothing here, no matter what your age this.

Having realized all this, I drastically changed my life. I live every year as if it was my last year. Screw planning. Carpe diem.

Andysutt 12-01-2003 08:42 AM

I feel you there Carpe_diem
I do what I want to do, Yet I do it in a safe matter for others
If I feel like getting up and going somewhere, I'll go
I dont plan on doing anything

monckywrench 12-01-2003 12:47 PM

My condolences on the tragedy.
Safety note:
While it in no way relieves the driver who caused the accident, and was not a contributing factor in this case, it is worth mentioning (so others don't do it) that towing another vehicle with a person inside, and towing with a chain on the street, are highly unsafe practices. Chains do not control the towed vehicle other than pulling it when under tension, and may drop or go under a wheel when loose. Vehicles towed this way can only be pulled at dangerously low speed relative to other traffic.
Properly secured tow bars/dollies/trailers/etc are what to use, and the towed vehicle should be empty since if it detaches or otherwise misbehaves persons riding inside have limited ability to control it without a running engine, and possibly encumbered by whatever gear was attached to tow it.

carpe_diem 12-01-2003 03:42 PM

monckywrench,

Good point.

It is a classic case of Murphy's law, where *everything* went just wrong.

Kind of like you don't wear your seat belt that one time in 10 years and that's when you wreck one time in 10 years. Weirdness. What were the chances of someone hitting that towing vehicle in that manner? Pretty damn low, yet that's of no consolation.monckywrench