Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   I'm out of this forum. It was fun while it lasted. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1750437-im-out-of-this-forum-it-was-fun-while-it-lasted.html)

Gomerpyle 03-26-2024 09:21 AM

I'm out of this forum. It was fun while it lasted.

Unfortunately I'm out of this NON-Automotive conversation thread. It was fun and still has some excellent good posts. But due to one individual that is allowed to post rampant unchecked and stupid posts, I'm done. Life is too short to be around people like this, and why this is allowed to go on is beyond me. Complaint after complaint from many members and nothing is done. When this individual was banned from here for a short time, he immediately popped up on a Harley forum & did the same exact thing, well, it didn't last long. Anyway, I'll still check in on other FTE forums & threads, just not this one. Hope to see some of you guys in the threads down the hall. ✌️

helifixer 03-26-2024 10:37 AM

I hear ya, soon he will pollute this thread.
if I see he has posted I won't open the thread.

JWA 03-28-2024 07:23 AM

I don't look for this particular thread to not be closed but this one person is an absolute buzz killer here---and most any other thread or sub-forum he stumbles into. Since the administration here seems to be 100% okay with his mindless pollution he deposits I too have considered leaving most of FTE.

He seems to delight in posting incomprehensible jibberish or off-topic comments and it goes unchecked and/or allowed to continue. He posts the occasional helpful bit bit its 1 in a 100, the rest appearing to be designed to interrupt or sidetrack any topic, as though there's little else in his life for amusement.

I do see the last topic about this user was closed, the administration and moderators thinking it's all simply okay, free speech etc etc. They do offer the "ignore" feature is available but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Furthermore one would think or hope the "higher ups" would give consideration to those of us who care enough about this entire forum expressing our dislike for this one member. I've been a member here since 2010 and am very disappointed this guy is allowed to muck up threads with mindless BS or create numerous threads which he posts upwards of 85-90% of the existing replies.

I would also guess he takes delight in being cited as nothing more than a disruption here, seems to give him purpose and entertain himself.

Oh well...........and it will continue I'm afraid to say.......................

charlie g 03-28-2024 07:51 AM

sad to hear this and understand . yet every forum has one or more of this type, and some are worse than others. which are why i left for 10 years, just one person broke though this thick beliguin skin.
sometimes forum wise it's best to stay in sections where ones' knowledge can be well shared, form a very thick skin ignore the morons .

RLXXI 03-28-2024 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JWA (Post 21179357)
I don't look for this particular thread to not be closed but this one person is an absolute buzz killer here---and most any other thread or sub-forum he stumbles into. Since the administration here seems to be 100% okay with his mindless pollution he deposits I too have considered leaving most of FTE.

He seems to delight in posting incomprehensible jibberish or off-topic comments and it goes unchecked and/or allowed to continue. He posts the occasional helpful bit bit its 1 in a 100, the rest appearing to be designed to interrupt or sidetrack any topic, as though there's little else in his life for amusement.

I do see the last topic about this user was closed, the administration and moderators thinking it's all simply okay, free speech etc etc. They do offer the "ignore" feature is available but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Furthermore one would think or hope the "higher ups" would give consideration to those of us who care enough about this entire forum expressing our dislike for this one member. I've been a member here since 2010 and am very disappointed this guy is allowed to muck up threads with mindless BS or create numerous threads which he posts upwards of 85-90% of the existing replies.

I would also guess he takes delight in being cited as nothing more than a disruption here, seems to give him purpose and entertain himself.

Add insult to injury, we're paying to support that bs. Well if they still allow that person to disrupt like he does, I won't be renewing my support when it comes time. I've had enough!

tjc transport 03-28-2024 12:03 PM

you can not ban someone because they post gibberish, no matter how much you want to. he abides by the site guidelines. and until he crosses those lines, there is not much that can be done besides putting him on ignore.

RLXXI 03-28-2024 03:15 PM

Spamming is considered against forum rules and that's exactly what he's doing, spamming the entire forum with jibberish. Is a free loading member worth keeping when you lose paying members? Ask any IB staff and see what they say.

1DogRescuer 03-28-2024 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by JWA (Post 21179357)

….. Aspbergers Syndrome ? That’s going WAAAY out on a limb, to justify (that person’s) ‘existence here’ ……… :~0
Most Admins/Moderators take the minimum step of ‘suspended posting’ til they demonstrate a commitment to Contribute, but …….

CoolBreeze3646 03-31-2024 06:57 AM

There is a guy over on the Harley Forum I frequent that sounds like the same guy referenced. Same sort of stuff, gibberish, comments and all about himself.

I'm new here so do not comment much and just read for information as I do not have much to contribute on Ford Trucks. Owned a 2016 F250 Super Duty and now a 2023 F150 Eco.

Just stumbled on this thread and found the information provided to be similar.

Happy Easter!

charlie g 04-05-2024 04:21 PM

anyone else notice he has gotten worse ,

helifixer 04-05-2024 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by charlie g (Post 21188371)
anyone else notice he has gotten worse ,

right but nothing will happen until a lot of members who actually post meaningful reply's have left because of him and fte is circling the drain then they will do something all be it too late

tjc transport 04-05-2024 05:44 PM

as long as the guidelines are obeyed, there is nothing that can be done.

*two2fords* 04-05-2024 07:20 PM

I don't even know who you are talking about.
I thought I knew, but I haven't seen any post from that person lately, but y'all are saying its gotten worse, o it can't be who I thought it was.

charlie g 04-06-2024 05:57 AM

more like NOT the one,

JWA 04-06-2024 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 21188458)
as long as the guidelines are obeyed, there is nothing that can be done.

With all due respect to your Moderator position I'd say nothing will be done however what about these posted threads where this one member accounts for 90% of the replies? Every day there's one more lame azz reply by no one but him? How about simply closing those threads and privately "encouraging" him to not open something similar in the future?

IF what he posted was interesting, useful or truly humorous that'd be one thing but this guy isn't, not by a long shot. As can be seen from a few somewhat regular contributors this guy is annoying more than a few---that should be considered more than it seems to be at this point.

Being an annoyance should be a term of service IMHO. I've seen other members removed from this forum for similar reasons so there is a precedent.