Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Shipping Time (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1692106-shipping-time.html)

Bud F350 03-29-2022 12:36 PM

Shipping Time

Just a friendly warning that you should factor shipping time into any plans you make regarding your new truck. I have vacation plans for a 3 month trip to the East Coast which are now on hold because of a 2 month shipping time and counting. I thought that I was pretty safe making plans when I received the email saying my truck was built on 02/01 with an estimated delivery date of 2/11 to 2/17. Now the truck is sitting at the railyard 7 miles from my dealer who has no idea when it will be delivered. Needless to say this has been very frustrating! I can't help but think that with all of the new vehicles that are sitting it costs the manufactures a lot of money. Oh well, maybe today is the day!

DCCCTX 03-29-2022 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bud F350 (Post 20347117)
Just a friendly warning that you should factor shipping time into any plans you make regarding your new truck. I have vacation plans for a 3 month trip to the East Coast which are now on hold because of a 2 month shipping time and counting. I thought that I was pretty safe making plans when I received the email saying my truck was built on 02/01 with an estimated delivery date of 2/11 to 2/17. Now the truck is sitting at the railyard 7 miles from my dealer who has no idea when it will be delivered. Needless to say this has been very frustrating! I can't help but think that with all of the new vehicles that are sitting it costs the manufactures a lot of money. Oh well, maybe today is the day!

What yard is your truck at? Mine was built the same day and still sitting in Kansas City. Not able to plan anything without truck.

jgatech 03-29-2022 01:21 PM

Yes, I and many others are in the same boat. Mine was shipped 2/21 and has been at the KC railyard waiting for convoy transport to my dealer (a little over 200 miles away) since 3/8. Every update since from my dealer shows "Delay - Convoy Carrier".

chadstickpoindexter 03-29-2022 01:26 PM

Unfortunately, I don’t feel it’s safe to assume anything... From the time you place the order, til you actually have it, no one knows. If you have to make plans assuming you will have a truck by a certain time, it’s best to make them with the expectation (and ability) to cancel.

KU4OJ 03-29-2022 02:00 PM

From reading this, is Kansas City the only yard that's messed up or has the entire system collapsed?

DCCCTX 03-29-2022 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by KU4OJ (Post 20347270)
From reading this, is Kansas City the only yard that's messed up or has the entire system collapsed?

That is what i have gently been trying to figure out. It would be interesting to find that answer

Squark 03-29-2022 03:38 PM

My truck was just built and shipped out, headed to KC. Ford says it will be at the dealer by Apr 13-19th. This thread makes me think that’s unlikely.

Bud F350 03-29-2022 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DCCCTX (Post 20347186)
What yard is your truck at? Mine was built the same day and still sitting in Kansas City. Not able to plan anything without truck.

Mine is now sitting in San Diego, but it sat at the Blue Island junction for 6 days and St. Louis for a week. Its funny just how far off Fords estimated delivery has been even the revised ones.

Qvan666 03-29-2022 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Squark (Post 20347420)
My truck was just built and shipped out, headed to KC. Ford says it will be at the dealer by Apr 13-19th. This thread makes me think that’s unlikely.

Mine was built and says in transit. It has transited to Shelbyville rail yard so far, and there is sits. It got there on 3/25. I really don't see it getting to destination by scheduled date (4/8-4/14)

bob

Lamoon78 03-29-2022 10:08 PM

7 miles why can’t the dealer go get it.

jollyrogr 03-30-2022 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lamoon78 (Post 20347953)

Yeah that is dumb, my dealer picked up the truck from the rail yard and it was much further than 7 miles.

Shipping is slow though, even pre-scamdemic, shipping times of a month were typical.

BSHORT 03-30-2022 08:45 AM

My dealer was refused that option by the railyard.

Ltngdrvr 03-30-2022 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by BSHORT (Post 20348336)
My dealer was refused that option by the railyard.

It's because that goes against the shipping contract Ford has with its shippers.

Henry16414 03-30-2022 10:03 AM

How are you guys able to track your trucks to tell where they’re at.

jollyrogr 03-30-2022 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Henry16414 (Post 20348446)
How are you guys able to track your trucks to tell where they’re at.

Dealer can track it. When mine was on the train all it would say on the Alumazilla tracker is something like "passing arrival" or "arrived at junction point". But the dealer can tell where it is on the map. Don't be a pest and bug them repeatedly though.