Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   2002 Security issues wont read OBDII (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1589367-2002-security-issues-wont-read-obdii.html)

Visurveyor 07-08-2019 07:20 PM

2002 Security issues wont read OBDII

My stepson has a 2002 Ford F150 5.4. We replaced the intake manifold on truck. When we hook battery back up alarm light goes off. I plugged my OBD2 reader for forscan Windows version full version won't connect. I'll hook up my forscan lite with Bluetooth it doesn't hook up. Both of them work on my 250 6.0 diesel
Yes I'm a diesel guy so I'm asking for help on this one. What I can tell so far is it is security issues with the Ford anti theft system. I only have one key so am limited on what resets i can pull off.
The truck will crank but it just won't start, tries but nothing. Any ideas would be definitely helpful. Flying blind sucks.

projectSHO89 07-08-2019 08:22 PM

Why do you think it's due to "the Ford anti theft system"? That system has nothing to do with diagnostic tool connectivity.

What is the THEFT light doing when the key is turned from OFF to RUN?

What does the odometer display when the key is in RUN?

alloro 07-09-2019 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Visurveyor (Post 18744055)
My stepson has a 2002 Ford F150 5.4. We replaced the intake manifold on truck.

Did you go back and make sure everything got reconnected?

fordtech45 07-09-2019 09:03 AM

double check all grounds

steve(ill) 07-09-2019 04:29 PM

do what Project said...

Put the key in and turn to ON.. not start.... You should hear the fuel pump run for 3 seconds to prime the fuel rail.

At the same time you will see the THEFT light come on for 3 seconds... Computer recognizes your key, then the light goes OFF.

Both tests with key ON...no cranking.

Visurveyor 07-09-2019 06:11 PM

Thanks for the responds. I have been working on truck today after work.
I got the diagnostic Hub to Work. Fuse blown. Got a s___ load of codes off forscan. Only two stuck out. P100, b1202. Looking at those issues. The alarm thing worked out with the disarm sequence. Key on Lock 3 times key off Lock 3 times turn key on . shut system down unlock doors got in turn over but I have no start.
Tomorrow I'll hook fuel pressure gauge up to it see if I got fuel pressure, reset PCM is my guess going to start there. The b1202 makes sense to becouse the boy run truck down on empty all the time.
Again Thanks guys, any other suggestions will be much apreciated.

fordtech45 07-09-2019 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by fordtech45 (Post 18744963)
double check all grounds

Those year model trucks are bad about crank sensor s going out. when you crank engine the check engine light should go off as you are cranking. If not then you may have a loose connection to sensor,or bad sensor.also makes sure the fuel pump inertia switch has not been tripped.

Visurveyor 07-12-2019 06:21 PM

Update on boys truck. We reset PCM. Did another security clear with key fob. Truck fired right up.
Not sure what to think about that alarm system on that year modal. If the boy didnt find the Old key fob I'm not sure how long it would have taken to figure it out.
Now i could have bought a new pcm with keys(another option we looked at) or brought an 17 year old truck to the dealership. Hah!!!. Made my self laugh on that one.
But i wanted to say thanks to all the people who helped out.
Thanks!