Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Truck goes in Monday for lots of warranty stuff...... UPDATE. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1586478-truck-goes-in-monday-for-lots-of-warranty-stuff-update.html)

77mmbass 06-11-2019 05:45 PM

Truck goes in Monday for lots of warranty stuff...... UPDATE.

I made an appointment to drop off my truck on Monday. Here is the list of things that they are supposed to look at and fix.

The service guy jumped in my truck with me and acknowledged that he heard both ticking noises and the rattle/squeaky doors. So that may be sort of a positive. At least they cant say they cant replicate it when their guy heard it.

* Ticking noise when I get on it to a vehicle on the freeway.
* Ticking/rattle noise (different from above) coming from same area
* Rattling squeaky doors
* Passenger side door front bulging out a little. Doesnt align.
* Dash trim around cluster not right.
* Hood alignment off. Big gap one side, no gap the other.
* Paint flaw in hood. Like a tiny bug landed on it when they sprayed.
* Heater block plug thingy recall.

Fleet manager told me a new recall cam out today on the downshifter..? Cant find anything on that.

So I need a truck for weekend band gigs. With all this stuff that needs fixing, at what point do they give me a truck to do my job?
I am single and have no other vehicles available.

I'm hoping this doesnt turn into a drawn out fight to get it fixed right. I'd rather not go lemon law but will if it has to be.

Alaskan_Warbird 06-11-2019 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by 77mmbass (Post 18702013)
Fleet manager told me a new recall cam out today on the downshifter..? Cant find anything on that.

Tell us more? This is the first I've heard of it and FordPass has nothing yet.

77mmbass 06-11-2019 05:56 PM

I havent seen anything either, nor could I find anything on the webz. He said he hasn't read up on it yet but just got the alert about 30 minutes before I saw him.

So it may be nothin.... he may be wrong about the model of the vehicle.

Alaskan_Warbird 06-11-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 77mmbass (Post 18702027)
I havent seen anything either, nor could I find anything on the webz. He said he hasn't read up on it yet but just got the alert about 30 minutes before I saw him.

So it may be nothin.... he may be wrong about the model of the vehicle.

Thanks. Let us know if you get more info? Hope they get you all fixed up quick and back on the road.

ForCal 06-11-2019 06:11 PM

How many miles on the truck?

I only have 1k on mine but have a tick that I haven't been able to pinpoint. Same sound as the rest of the plastic dash etc. make when it's hot or first driven, only this one is more consistent. Im planning to get some more miles on it incase additional things start to surface. I found a paint flaw like you're describing too, tiny one on the door edge, almost not noticeable and another more noticeable booger on the roof. Fortunately because the size of one and location of the other I'm going to leave em and avoid the possibility of making things worse.

Take some before and after pics if you can.

edjunior 06-11-2019 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 77mmbass (Post 18702013)
I'd rather not go lemon law but will if it has to be.

I don't believe the lemon law works for your multiple issues. It is more for the same issue, or issues, being fixed multiple times. I could be wrong, and it could be for a shopping list of issues also, but all I have seen and heard before is multiple attempts to fix a single issue with no resolution.

Still, I hope they get them all and get them all right.

Good luck.

77mmbass 06-11-2019 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by edjunior (Post 18702048)
I don't believe the lemon law works for your multiple issues. It is more for the same issue, or issues, being fixed multiple times. I could be wrong, and it could be for a shopping list of issues also, but all I have seen and heard before is multiple attempts to fix a single issue with no resolution.

Still, I hope they get them all and get them all right.

Good luck.

Oh, I understand that they would not use the lemon law with all the stuff I have going on. I am just hoping that they can fix the engine noise problem the 1st time and not have to go back multiple times.
That's where the lemons happen.

77mmbass 06-11-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ForCal (Post 18702046)
How many miles on the truck?

I only have 1k on mine but have a tick that I haven't been able to pinpoint. Same sound as the rest of the plastic dash etc. make when it's hot or first driven, only this one is more consistent. Im planning to get some more miles on it incase additional things start to surface. I found a paint flaw like you're describing too, tiny one on the door edge, almost not noticeable and another more noticeable booger on the roof. Fortunately because the size of one and location of the other I'm going to leave em and avoid the possibility of making things worse.

Take some before and after pics if you can.

My truck had the ticking noise at 100 miles. It now has 10500 miles and has the same issues

ForCal 06-11-2019 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 77mmbass (Post 18702285)
My truck had the ticking noise at 100 miles. It now has 10500 miles and has the same issues

This ticking/cracking noise is somewhere on the interior, near my left ear. I need to have someone ride with to try and pinpoint it. I'm trusting that any engine noise I hear is normal, although on the 2nd start up today I did remote start and while standing near the truck heard some odd tapping noises that I haven't heard before and didnt sound right. I'll be paying attention for that now.

Post up how that goes. It would be interesting to see stuff like the dash trim, door bulging, hood alignment before and after.

ForCal 06-11-2019 09:15 PM

I saw a video recently talking about a tapping/rattling on the firewall area, turned out to be the trans filler tube I think. Might be worth looking at if that's the area the noise is coming from.

slip knot 06-11-2019 10:14 PM

When I took mine in for death wobble I insisted on a loaner. The service advisor balked but the service manager got one lined up for me. They kept the truck 10 days, I drove the wheels off the loaner.

Gwilkrrs 06-12-2019 05:14 AM

mine just went in for antifreeze leak - needs the t replaced, both running boards are showing rust bubbles, and the batteries are leaking causing corrosion on the hold downs, and the heater cord recall.

17 f350- dealer told me that they would take pics and send in but ford will likely not replace the boards? I told him we will cross that bridge in a bit but I expected them to be replaces.

6.2caribou 06-12-2019 08:56 AM

^^^^I've had both running boards replaced on my 17 F250 for blistering chrome. Driver's side after one winter...pass side after 2 winters. I'm still in my 36/36000 warranty period. Zero issue with getting them done. All 4 PVD wheels were replaced at the same time. SA took pictures and parts were ordered while I was there for a Works oil change.

Gwilkrrs 06-12-2019 11:00 AM

dealer just called and said the running boards are cosmetic and not covered under warranty-

jokes.

ForCal 06-12-2019 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gwilkrrs (Post 18703149)
dealer just called and said the running boards are cosmetic and not covered under warranty-

jokes.

Time to escalate it or go to another dealer, that's bs.