Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Field service Action for 2011-2016 6.7 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1572392-field-service-action-for-2011-2016-6-7-a.html)

the_old_ranger 02-12-2019 02:57 PM

Field service Action for 2011-2016 6.7

• Has any of you with these models trucks had either the Reductant heater sending unit or? One of the exhaust temp sensors replaced under warranty?. My question being is which exhaust temp sensor they are talking about here? It does not have to be a hard fault after I explained to the service manager what a hard fault is ,so if it has a code in history pertaining to the items they will fixy. The FSA is good up to up to 120,000 miles and, I think ? Naw 11 years is that right? 11 years!
  • Not so concerned about the exhaust gas temp sensor but the reductant heater and sender this go bad all the time.from what I hear from guys in my area.
  • Thanks
  • Larry
  • FSA Title: EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR EXTENDED COVERAGE
  • Field Service Action Number: 15M02
  • FSA Title: REDUCTANT HEATER AND SENDER ASSEMBLY REPAIR
  • FSA Title: REDUCTANT HEATER AND SENDER ASSEMBLY REPAIR
  • Field Service Action Number: 18M01
  • Field Service Action Number: 18M01

kper05 02-12-2019 06:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Any of them. I have attached the 15M02 and 18M01 documentation so you can review.

I had the DEF heater/sender assembly replaced in 2017 by the dealer when it was customer pay at the time. I went through the process in Q3 2018 for the refund (now expired) which took over 60 days to get approved.

Not all VINs are eligible.

the_old_ranger 02-13-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by kper05 (Post 18479017)
Any of them. I have attached the 15M02 and 18M01 documentation so you can review.

I had the DEF heater/sender assembly replaced in 2017 by the dealer when it was customer pay at the time. I went through the process in Q3 2018 for the refund (now expired) which took over 60 days to get approved.

Not all VINs are eligible.

So what kind of trouble did you have with your truck? Thanks a lot kper appreciate it!. I want the cotton pickers replaced and it is not hard to get the required codes. The def heater sender is what concerns me the most I think. These dog gone stealerships nowadays I swear when you have a service manager that does not understand what a hard fault is then they need help! Maybe there is an updated term for youngsters this guy is pretty young. Thanks again for the help! Maybe give you an update how my scerario turns out. That sucks they put you through the wringer on your truck. Larry

kper05 02-13-2019 06:31 PM

A decent list, 17 or 18 items at this point. Some big, some small. It certainly hasn't been an issue free vehicle. Any repairs on the truck have always been reasonable (amount of time) by the dealer, it was just getting Ford to approve the refund for 18M01. It was partially the dealers fault for not submitting the paperwork right away but then it's just waiting on Ford to approve such a request. Since the repair had already been completed for 18 months and the truck was operational, I would have remained engaged for months if I had to.

the_old_ranger 02-13-2019 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by kper05 (Post 18480993)
A decent list, 17 or 18 items at this point. Some big, some small. It certainly hasn't been an issue free vehicle. Any repairs on the truck have always been reasonable (amount of time) by the dealer, it was just getting Ford to approve the refund for 18M01. It was partially the dealers fault for not submitting the paperwork right away but then it's just waiting on Ford to approve such a request. Since the repair had already been completed for 18 months and the truck was operational, I would have remained engaged for months if I had to.

I worked at several GM dealers dating back to the first one in 79 and GM always took care of people . They had a PR guy run around to the dealers just to solve major problems. Ford always has had poor customer relations. If you have Ford problems outside the stealership they say call owner.ford now that IS a joke! Heck just look at how Ford has done people with SYNC problems. I finally told em shove their sync it is going.in the trash soon as I can do it. They cant me to take it to the dealer sheesh, ain't happening! :-)

kper05 02-13-2019 11:07 PM

Yes, I called customer service to open a case on the 18M01 refund. CS said the only option is to talk with the dealer...which I was doing. While my many visits to the dealer over the years for repair have typically been good, Ford CS gets a failing grade. Yet, Ford puts a significant focus on customer reviews. Things have changed for them all though. GM, etc. have these same issues.