Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Customer satisfaction program 18M03 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1571978-customer-satisfaction-program-18m03.html)

cabindoc 02-09-2019 06:57 AM

Customer satisfaction program 18M03

Received a letter with above title to replace CAC cold side on a 2012 C&C. Has anyone else received the letter and if so, what year is your truck?

cjssr 02-09-2019 12:18 PM

Nothing yet here. Also have a 2012 but bought the H&S Silicone replacement so unless Ford redesigned their replacement I'll stick with my aftermarket!

L3dford 02-09-2019 02:12 PM

Did it say anything about reimbursing those who have already replaced it?

schlepprock250 02-09-2019 11:27 PM

I have a 2014 Lariat 6.7. I haven't received a letter from Ford nor is a new action listed on my Fordpass app.

UP_There 02-10-2019 07:20 AM

What does it say? Are they going to install the new and improved one for free? And if so, I wonder why they haven't issued a mass letter? Thanks for the info

FSeybert 02-10-2019 11:40 AM

Yup, came in the mail Friday. Just looking here to see if anyone else got one, and here you are. This was for my 2012 CC. Yes, it does say "YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE" for reimbursement for previously repaired failures. As stated by others, I replaced a failed Ford CAC with the H&S silicone version on my 2012 CC as well as the turbo and associated plumbing....

Just Strokin 02-10-2019 11:43 AM

I doubt any reimbursement for us that used aftermarket pipes but would be nice...ha ha ha

kper05 02-10-2019 01:43 PM

I haven't located any details either. Possibly only for C&C?

cabindoc 02-11-2019 06:53 AM

Yes, they do say you can be reimbursed but for a factory unit replaced by a dealer is they way I read it. Interested to see if this just affects C&C and not pick ups and for what years.

kper05 02-11-2019 06:41 PM

Bummer on the "by a dealer" wording. I replaced with a Ford part from a Ford dealer but I think my chances are slim of getting a refund or even a spare.

Jon Galland 02-11-2019 09:35 PM

You need to get it replaced. There is a metal band inside the elbow joint that is common to move and allow the hose clamp to slip off causing the cac tube to blow off under boost. It will leave you on the side of the road and will clog your exhaust filter pretty quick. The updated for Part is holding up well or you can purchase a solid rubber hose aftermarket that works great too.

gsxr1300 02-12-2019 07:08 AM

what years are included?

L3dford 02-12-2019 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by FSeybert (Post 18473857)
Yup, came in the mail Friday. Just looking here to see if anyone else got one, and here you are. This was for my 2012 CC. Yes, it does say "YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE" for reimbursement for previously repaired failures. As stated by others, I replaced a failed Ford CAC with the H&S silicone version on my 2012 CC as well as the turbo and associated plumbing....

Originally Posted by cabindoc (Post 18475417)
Yes, they do say you can be reimbursed but for a factory unit replaced by a dealer is they way I read it. Interested to see if this just affects C&C and not pick ups and for what years.

Thanks. It would be nice if they did reimburse but with the "by a dealer" comment and so far just C&C trucks, probably won't happen. I did purchase a stock Ford replacement as a spare in case the original one blew; which it did. I put on the spare to be able to continue my trip, then I replaced it with an H&S.

golfmedik 02-16-2019 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by L3dford (Post 18477606)
Thanks. It would be nice if they did reimburse but with the "by a dealer" comment and so far just C&C trucks, probably won't happen. I did purchase a stock Ford replacement as a spare in case the original one blew; which it did. I put on the spare to be able to continue my trip, then I replaced it with an H&S.

Exactly the same as I did and was extremely happy to have iti when I had to change it on the side of the interstate.

cabindoc 02-18-2019 04:49 PM

Spoke to service manager today. They way he explained it was it was for "certain" 2011-2015 6.7 over 14,000 lbs. So that w/b C&C and maybe a 450 pickup? He said it goes like this; if you have an original CAC and your truck throws a code, then bring it in. If they determine the said CAC is bad, they will replace it. BUT, if they do not see that it is bad, they will clear the code and send you down the road. It does also extend warranty for this issue, so that part is good. He did say, if you bought a new part, and you turn said part in, they can submit for reimbursement, even if you swapped part. He stopped short as to if said part was factory or aftermarket. I submitted my aftermarket receipt and he said he will submit and see what they say. My guess is that w/o my original part....