Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Dealer changed tank size..now problems (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1570150-dealer-changed-tank-size-now-problems.html)

SkiLef 01-24-2019 06:59 PM

Dealer changed tank size..now problems

So I brought my truck to the dealership yesterday to have them change my fuel tank size since I just had a bigger tank installed. That went fine until I got in my truck and was headed home and noticed I was missing a bunch of options on my dashboard screen and it wouldn't even allow me to click on "truck apps". I brought it back today to have that changed and fixed and I left there without 4WD, traction control, airbag light on and volume on steering wheel not working. So where do I go from here? Headed back there in the morning but would like to have some kind of idea what to do..

My truck is tuned and deleted with PPEI tunes and EZ LYNK software. Appreciate any help in advance.

Just Strokin 01-24-2019 08:05 PM

Did you "un-tune" your truck before letting the dealer make these changes?

ford390gashog 01-24-2019 08:27 PM

Its because they are using as built values from a different truck. What size tank did you install? Probably easier to do it yourself with forscan.

Just Strokin 01-24-2019 08:50 PM

FORScan changes the same parameters as does Ford IDS when they change tank size. They do not load new AB data to make tank size changes.

The reason I asked if he "un-tuned" his truck was just in case they updated the PCM to the latest Ford IDS calibration. This would over write his custom tune he has loaded.

SkiLef 01-24-2019 09:47 PM

I didn’t untune as i figured i would just reload my tunes on if i had any problems. So which steps should i take now? How can i get him to just program it back to wherever it was and have all that stuff work? Then i will just loads my tune on top of it. Not to mention, when i get there tomorrow should i go into EZ Lynk and flask back to stock or what? Didn’t know it was a option to be honest. Feel free to text me at 16163043742 if it’s easier and quicker.

ford390gashog 01-24-2019 09:49 PM

All the functions he is missing are controlled by the same program line. I find it odd they don't work. Some dealers have been known to get confused and attempt to pull AB from the motorcraft service content website with a alternative vin number and try the manul entry in IDS and then things get interesting. Technically you do have to manipulate the AB because the value you are trying to change to wasn't what the truck was built with.

720-01-02 B9CB
B*** 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Enable)
3*** 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Disable)
*C** Welcome Mode (Disable)
*D** Welcome Mode (Enable)
*E** Welcome Mode (Disable)(Dually)
*F** Welcome Mode (Enable)(Dually)
*8** Welcome Mode (Disable)
*9** Welcome Mode (Enable)
**A0 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Disable)(Dually)
**C* Temperature, Productivity Screen (Disabled) / Trailer Brake Controller (Enable)
**E* Temperature, Productivity Screen (Enabled) / Trailer Brake Controller (Enable)
***B Remote Start Menu (Enabled)
***1 Remote Start Menu (Disabled)
***9 Remote start menu (Disabled)
87B0 **** 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
8846 **** 28 Gallon Fuel Tank
8A58 **** 35 Gallon Fuel Tank
8B16 **** 37.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
8BD4 **** 40 Gallon Fuel Tank
8EC8 **** 50 Gallon Fuel Tank
9338 **** 65 Gallon Fuel Tank
BD** 40 Gallon Rear Fuel Tank
EC** 50 Gallon Rear Fuel Tank

SkiLef 01-24-2019 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ford390gashog (Post 18439445)
All the functions he is missing are controlled by the same program line. I find it odd they don't work. Some dealers have been known to get confused and attempt to pull AB from the motorcraft service content website with a alternative vin number and try the manul entry in IDS and then things get interesting. Technically you do have to manipulate the AB because the value you are trying to change to wasn't what the truck was built with.

720-01-02 B9CB
B*** 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Enable)
3*** 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Disable)
*C** Welcome Mode (Disable)
*D** Welcome Mode (Enable)
*E** Welcome Mode (Disable)(Dually)
*F** Welcome Mode (Enable)(Dually)
*8** Welcome Mode (Disable)
*9** Welcome Mode (Enable)
**A0 4x2, 4x4 Indicator, Productivity Screen (Disable)(Dually)
**C* Temperature, Productivity Screen (Disabled) / Trailer Brake Controller (Enable)
**E* Temperature, Productivity Screen (Enabled) / Trailer Brake Controller (Enable)
***B Remote Start Menu (Enabled)
***1 Remote Start Menu (Disabled)
***9 Remote start menu (Disabled)
87B0 **** 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
8846 **** 28 Gallon Fuel Tank
8A58 **** 35 Gallon Fuel Tank
8B16 **** 37.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
8BD4 **** 40 Gallon Fuel Tank
8EC8 **** 50 Gallon Fuel Tank
9338 **** 65 Gallon Fuel Tank
BD** 40 Gallon Rear Fuel Tank
EC** 50 Gallon Rear Fuel Tank

I will show them what you said tomorrow and hopefully they understand it. It doesn't make sense to me but thats because I don't understand why this happened lol. Im sure to them itll make some sense and maybe they'll be able to do something about it. Any more info that could be helpful? I really appreciate it

Just Strokin 01-25-2019 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by SkiLef (Post 18439570)
I will show them what you said tomorrow and hopefully they understand it. It doesn't make sense to me but thats because I don't understand why this happened lol. Im sure to them itll make some sense and maybe they'll be able to do something about it. Any more info that could be helpful? I really appreciate it

No need to show them those values. It has no meaning to them. They have a screen that displays tank sizes and that is it. They select a tank size for front or rear (depending on your tank location) and "write" it to memory and then exit the changes.

They do NOT get down to the level of the data shown above when one uses FORScan.

Listing those values is useless unless someone is knowledgeable of FORScan and going to use FORScan to make the change.

SkiLef 01-25-2019 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Just Strokin (Post 18439715)
No need to show them those values. It has no meaning to them. They have a screen that displays tank sizes and that is it. They select a tank size for front or rear (depending on your tank location) and "write" it to memory and then exit the changes.

They do NOT get down to the level of the data shown above when one uses FORScan.

Listing those values is useless unless someone is knowledgeable of FORScan and going to use FORScan to make the change.

Ahh okay. I don’t believe he was using forscan. Pretty sure he was using some kind of special Ford programming. He was able to adjust everything but just went in to adjust the tank size and that was it the first time. Then i had problems with other things so he tried to go in and adjust those to fix it. So not sure what it exactly was. Headed back to the dealer now to try and fix it once again. Have a feeling the dealership is truly going to be lost and not sure what to do. Only thing i could honestly think of is getting a new PCM and then getting their side figured out and then I will just load my tunes back on.

Just Strokin 01-25-2019 11:36 AM

The dealer uses the Ford/Rotunda/Bosch VCM/VCM2 to access the truck via the OBDII. Ford software, IDS, is the used to present to the tech the screens necessary to update the parameters as required. A dealer should never use a personal laptop and FORScan.

cangim 01-25-2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by SkiLef (Post 18439772)

Ahh okay. I don’t believe he was using forscan. Pretty sure he was using some kind of special Ford programming. He was able to adjust everything but just went in to adjust the tank size and that was it the first time. Then i had problems with other things so he tried to go in and adjust those to fix it. So not sure what it exactly was. Headed back to the dealer now to try and fix it once again. Have a feeling the dealership is truly going to be lost and not sure what to do. Only thing i could honestly think of is getting a new PCM and then getting their side figured out and then I will just load my tunes back on.

by phone listed doubt you are near me but if in Utah county let me know, we can fix it with forscan