Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Ford RAV buy back (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1569266-ford-rav-buy-back.html)

RandyinTN 01-16-2019 04:58 PM

Ford RAV buy back

I was approved for a Lemon Law buy back on September 20, 2018. Twice I attempted to get a truck from 2 different dealers and on each try the dealers would not do business with the RAV/Ford folks and refused to sell me the trucks they had on their lot. After these two failed attempts to get a replacement truck Ford finally permitted me to order one.

Truck was ordered on Nov 20th and arrived at my dealer on or before Jan12th. Talked to the sales manager on the 12th and he told me he would call the RAV folks and get all the paperwork. RAV told me he already had it.

My RAV agent called me yesterday morning asking me if I had arranged financing and picked up the truck yet. Told her when I stopped by the dealership on Saturday the sales manager told me he needed paperwork overnighted to him from RAV before we could do anything. RAV said they already sent it. Today I called the dealer and asked again if I could pick up the truck. Sales manager said no as they are still trying to get reimbursed for something or paid more money from Ford.

All I can say is what a giant cluster ****. Dealer wants more money, RAV says they cant authorize it as they are just a mediator between myself and Ford. Meanwhile the dealer controls the entire process as they have the truck and will not transfer it.

My experience with my RAV agent has generally been good. At this point in time the delay appears to be with either the independent Ford dealership or Ford is ignoring their request to be reimbursed or paid for something else. Or maybe a combination of the two? I simply don't know other than the truck has been sitting at the lot for almost a week so far.

Kingofwylietx 01-16-2019 07:07 PM

What a mess, I wish you the best of luck getting this sorted out.

FORD COASTIE 01-16-2019 07:38 PM

That is a mess. Sorry to hear of all the issues.

I’m wondering how your truck came in so quickly. My new truck was ordered Aug 30th, and it’s supposed to be delivered to the dealership tomorrow. I was originally told 6 to 8 weeks, but it’s been 4 1/2 months.

RandyinTN 01-16-2019 08:48 PM

51 days from date of order to delivery. Dealer ordered it under priority 10. The replacement truck is a F250 and the plant is only 200 miles away.

FORD COASTIE 01-16-2019 09:10 PM

I just looked at my order form, and mine was ordered priority 10 as well. I’m in Louisiana, so quite a bit further from the plant than you are lol. Who knows why it took so long. I’ll just be glad to get it.

Which engine did you go with? I’m going from the 3.5 to the 2.7 eco.

ford390gashog 01-16-2019 10:26 PM

Why didn't you do just a straight buyback? I opted for the straight buyback and did my own repurchase to simplify things. There was no financial loss or gain to do the straight buyback.

GABAR 01-17-2019 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18422482)
I was approved for a Lemon Law buy back on September 20, 2018. Twice I attempted to get a truck from 2 different dealers and on each try the dealers would not do business with the RAV/Ford folks and refused to sell me the trucks they had on their lot. After these two failed attempts to get a replacement truck Ford finally permitted me to order one.

Truck was ordered on Nov 20th and arrived at my dealer on or before Jan12th. Talked to the sales manager on the 12th and he told me he would call the RAV folks and get all the paperwork. RAV told me he already had it.

My RAV agent called me yesterday morning asking me if I had arranged financing and picked up the truck yet. Told her when I stopped by the dealership on Saturday the sales manager told me he needed paperwork overnighted to him from RAV before we could do anything. RAV said they already sent it. Today I called the dealer and asked again if I could pick up the truck. Sales manager said no as they are still trying to get reimbursed for something or paid more money from Ford.

All I can say is what a giant cluster ****. Dealer wants more money, RAV says they cant authorize it as they are just a mediator between myself and Ford. Meanwhile the dealer controls the entire process as they have the truck and will not transfer it.

My experience with my RAV agent has generally been good. At this point in time the delay appears to be with either the independent Ford dealership or Ford is ignoring their request to be reimbursed or paid for something else. Or maybe a combination of the two? I simply don't know other than the truck has been sitting at the lot for almost a week so far.

Sounds very frustrating.

I know you’re just ready to get your new truck but just hang in there a bit longer because you’re almost at the finish line.

The entire buy back process took a bit of time so it’s only natural that this, which is a part of the same process will not be without some kind of hiccups.

Let us know when everything has been settled.

RandyinTN 01-17-2019 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ford390gashog (Post 18423058)
Why didn't you do just a straight buyback? I opted for the straight buyback and did my own repurchase to simplify things. There was no financial loss or gain to do the straight buyback.

Would leave to much cash on the table. On a buy back you are paid the price you paid plus fees. My truck was a 17 that I bought when 18's were on the lot and I got 10K off MSRP. If I would of taken the cash would also have to pay sales tax on the entire amount of the new truck.
Trading gave me full MSRP plus I only have to pay sales tax on the difference.

RandyinTN 01-17-2019 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE (Post 18422929)
I just looked at my order form, and mine was ordered priority 10 as well. I’m in Louisiana, so quite a bit further from the plant than you are lol. Who knows why it took so long. I’ll just be glad to get it.

Which engine did you go with? I’m going from the 3.5 to the 2.7 eco.

I went with the 6.2 and 4:30 gears. I mentioned previously the new truck is a F250

ford390gashog 01-17-2019 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18423543)
Would leave to much cash on the table. On a buy back you are paid the price you paid plus fees. My truck was a 17 that I bought when 18's were on the lot and I got 10K off MSRP. If I would of taken the cash would also have to pay sales tax on the entire amount of the new truck.
Trading gave me full MSRP plus I only have to pay sales tax on the difference.

What about the mileage offset charge? I was able to get RAV to reduce my mileage offset charge by over 50%. Maybe that's something you can request for your troubles. I paid near invoice for mine and it made sense for me to just do a buyback. The replacement truck came in cheaper with the PCO and rebates.

RandyinTN 01-17-2019 10:29 AM

My mileage charge was initially small. TN law states I could not be charged for mileage beyond the miles on the truck present when I took my truck in for the first time to have the defect corrected. Ford then waived all mileage fees for me.

FORD COASTIE 01-17-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18423547)
I went with the 6.2 and 4:30 gears. I mentioned previously the new truck is a F250

I totally missed the F250 part.

function12 01-17-2019 11:47 AM

I went through the same this with Chrysler. It was very slow and painful.

RandyinTN 01-17-2019 01:14 PM

It appears the dealer got what he wanted from Ford. I visited the dealership this morning to make sure we all agreed on the numbers. Scheduled to pick up the truck on Saturday morning. Hoping there are no more surprises for me.

T diesel 01-17-2019 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18424088)
It appears the dealer got what he wanted from Ford. I visited the dealership this morning to make sure we all agreed on the numbers. Scheduled to pick up the truck on Saturday morning. Hoping there are no more surprises for me.

GOOD!! :) I hope the rest goes smoothly.