Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Look This Truck Over Please (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1568692-look-this-truck-over-please.html)

lawnspecialties 01-12-2019 07:40 AM

Look This Truck Over Please

OK. I'm headed to Warrenton, Va this week. The paperwork has been done and they're holding the truck.

I like flying somewhere to buy a truck. I did it when I bought my F450 in Ohio so this is my second time. But at the same time, I don't get to "see" the truck until I'm there in the flesh.

I think this one has everything I need. Absolutes were 6.2L, Supercab, 4X4, brake controller, and Knapheide box. This truck also has the power equip. group and snow plow prep which are pretty important to me as well. It has the 3.73 and I know some guys prefer the 4.30 but my 2013 with the 3.73 has done me extremely well.

Anybody see anything I'm forgetting? I hope to fly up to Dulles Wednesday or Thursday to bring it home.

​​​​​​https://www.sheehy.com/VehicleDetail...-VA/3232387213

Hackenbush 01-12-2019 08:09 AM

Your gonna be in my bushes there.
Did you check battlefield ford, Manassas

lawnspecialties 01-12-2019 08:24 AM

No. I only found Sheehy Ford through Autotrader. Its so hard finding an F350 SRW with those exact specs, so quite often I have to expand my search far past the Raleigh area. I just looked at Battlefield and they only have one F350 SRW and its a regular cab with pick-up bed. The one I found at Sheehy is about as perfect as I have found and my out the door price is excellent.

wrvond 01-12-2019 08:50 AM

Only one photo bothers me- there seems to be a lot of under carriage dirt and tire wear for a new truck.
Otherwise it seems to have everything you could want in a utility truck.

Good luck!

undl8r 01-12-2019 08:54 AM

Thats a big discount and has pretty good options. Only thing missing that for me is a must have - Electronic Shift on the Fly 4x4. I don't want to have to get out of my truck in inclement weather or muddy conditions to lock the front hub. The system is somewhat fail safe - if the hubs stop working (e.g. seals bad or vacuum loss) you can then get out and lock the them manually. However, some people prefer not to have ESOF

jimzpsd 01-12-2019 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by wrvond (Post 18413510)
Only one photo bothers me- there seems to be a lot of under carriage dirt and tire wear for a new truck.

Good luck!

I noticed that too, but they are advertising the truck as new, so I'm going to assume its from moving the truck around on unpaved ground. Looks good to me. Perhaps Hackenbush can take a peak at it if he's close enough and maybe a test drive.

lawnspecialties 01-12-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by wrvond (Post 18413510)

Good luck!

Yes. One of my questions was specifically how many miles on the truck. She said maybe 10. It had never left the lot but they've had it awhile.

Originally Posted by undl8r (Post 18413515)
Thats a big discount and has pretty good options. Only thing missing that for me is a must have - Electronic Shift on the Fly 4x4. I don't want to have to get out of my truck in inclement weather or muddy conditions to lock the front hub. The system is somewhat fail safe - if the hubs stop working (e.g. seals bad or vacuum loss) you can then get out and lock the them manually. However, some people prefer not to have ESOF

Agreed. But not as big a deal to me. Definitely not a deal breaker. I'm in NC. The only times the truck goes into 4WD is when its so wet somewhere, I don't want to tear up the turf or get stuck. Plus also during snow. We get maybe 2-4 snows a year down here. I plow. So I always lock in the hubs when I head out to plow and I just shift in and out of 4WD as needed. I don't unlock the hubs until I'm completely finished with plowing and the truck is back in my shop. So its only a few times per year.

undl8r 01-12-2019 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by lawnspecialties (Post 18413531)

Agreed. But not as big a deal to me. Definitely not a deal breaker. I'm in NC. The only times the truck goes into 4WD is when its so wet somewhere, I don't want to tear up the turf or get stuck. Plus also during snow. We get maybe 2-4 snows a year down here. I plow. So I always lock in the hubs when I head out to plow and I just shift in and out of 4WD as needed. I don't unlock the hubs until I'm completely finished with plowing and the truck is back in my shop. So its only a few times per year.

I'm actually originally from Raleigh, so I tend to agree with you - it probably isn't that big of a deal. (I live in the Rocky mountains down a 7 mile dirt road, so no way will that work for me). If you can live without ESOF and are happy with the rest of the options (especially locking diff), then I would grab this deal. It's the most discount I've seen on a XL model, although its hard to tell what's what when they add dealer accessories.

Hackenbush 01-12-2019 09:30 AM

PM Sent............. There lot is a Field

stufarmer 01-12-2019 09:45 AM

Beautiful truck, I would have loved to have a work truck that nice ..