Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Is any dealership "dealing" (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1565855-is-any-dealership-dealing.html)

kendall69 12-16-2018 06:17 PM

Is any dealership "dealing"

Anyone know of a dealership that is dealing, west of the Mississippi? I've contacted several and most are not dealing, I even sat in one dealership and best they dis wa $1,000 off retail.
Now if I was looking for a Dodge they are offering $14,000 off MSRP. ( yes I know ...but it's a Dodge).

So if anyone has a great dealership oe sales guy that is dealing I'll love to hear from you. I can fly to Texas, Washington etc.

Bombero 12-16-2018 07:05 PM

Where you located?

kendall69 12-16-2018 07:08 PM

I'm in Southern Mexifornia. but willing to fly a state or two over for a deal. Flights are cheap - $150.00 one way to several states

Bombero 12-16-2018 07:12 PM

I ordered a 2019 F350, 6.7, Lariat ultimate, CC, SRW, 4wd, some other stuff. Doug Wise, the fleet Mgr at Bell Ford in Phoenix AZ gave me a few hundred under invoice, and I had some rebates. Tell him Chip Gleason referred you to him (but I don’t get any kickbacks!). Good luck.

Doug Wise
602-564-3157
dougw@bergegroup.com

kendall69 12-16-2018 07:31 PM

Thank you sir, I'll jump on that in the morning. I saw they hve Lariat with 6K off MSRP right now. If I mention you and buy I'll tell the salesguy to kick you back a "finders fee" that's standard in the industry. might just buy you a free tank of fuel or dinner somewhere.

Bombero 12-16-2018 07:35 PM

Haha, great, a dinner with a car salesman! Tell him to roll the dinner into your invoice price.

kendall69 12-16-2018 08:09 PM

BWahhahah No - oftern time salespeople will give dinner gift cards to people that refer customers.

Bombero 12-16-2018 08:12 PM

I know, I’m just being a smartass!

kendall69 12-16-2018 08:28 PM

Ahh you got me!

bigspeedy626 12-16-2018 08:30 PM

I think the best time is on new years Eve. They have a major quota(monthly,quarter,yearly) to meet... Thats when I purchased my truck. Try Fritta Ford's in Riverside California. Ask for sale rep Tohamy.

mattymax 12-16-2018 08:33 PM

Try and find a high volume dealer. I was connected through a FTE member with a dealer in Maryland. Truck is ordered and being built. 12-13% off MSRP

RandyinTN 12-16-2018 08:33 PM

Try Texas. Those guys are always bragging about how they get such fantastic deals.

Radman11 12-16-2018 09:57 PM

Woodhouse Ford, Blair Nebraska
Largest ford truck dealer in US (World). Ordered my 2019 for invoice minus the 3% hold back plus all other rebates and incentives to me. Probably could have went lower but had $3k pco that was to expire in 3 days. Expect the initial offers to be suboptimal but keep working with them. Got what i wanted on 3rd round. Did not put any money down. They will ask, but say no. I have done this with 2 trucks in past 4 years.

someday 12-16-2018 11:49 PM

you should be able to get ~$10k off

mgpsfan 12-17-2018 08:27 AM

When I was shopping here is the numbers I put together. My father retired from FMC so I am able to get A/Z plan employee pricing.. as good as it gets before you add in incentives and various discounts for which you may or may not qualify. A 3k PCO may come out better if you get a really good dealer. IIRC PCO does not combine with X/A/Z plan pricing.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...83373072d8.gif

Joe T 12-17-2018 08:37 AM

I found some deals in Virginia and North Carolina.

kendall69 12-17-2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Joe T (Post 18365517)
I found some deals in Virginia and North Carolina.

When you guys are dealing with sales people are you negotiating "price" off or "percentage" off

kendall69 12-17-2018 09:01 AM

That scares me as I NEED to purchase by the end of the year for tax reasons and if I can't make a deal on the 31st I'm screwed, BUT maybe I'll try Dec 30 and see if they're hungry and deal. Thank you sir. I'll call Fritz

kendall69 12-17-2018 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mgpsfan (Post 18365495)
When I was shopping here is the numbers I put together. My father retired from FMC so I am able to get A/Z plan employee pricing.. as good as it gets before you add in incentives and various discounts for which you may or may not qualify. A 3k PCO may come out better if you get a really good dealer. IIRC PCO does not combine with X/A/Z plan pricing.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...83373072d8.gif

This is AMAZING I can see the percentage average of what dealers will do, THIS IS HUGE. Looks like around 13% is a target number to shoot for

95snake 12-17-2018 09:05 AM

I got my 2019 10K below MSRP at Wynne Ford in Hampton Virginia. I know it doesn't help you being on the other coast, but maybe someone on here reading this is looking for a deal.

kendall69 12-17-2018 09:10 AM

HOLY crap 10K off. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner winner chicken dinner!
Who knows this might help out here when a sales guy tells me he can't do it and I say well OTHER DEALERS can do it ....as he tosses me out of the dealership!
That gives me something to shoot for. Also make me want to look at ticket prices to Virginia

Turbo Dog 12-17-2018 09:28 AM

David Merems at Spradley Barr Ford in Greely, CO had to go get my truck about 1000 miles away and still sold it to me at 12% below MSRP.

kendall69 12-17-2018 09:46 AM

For all of us I found this. He has a "method" that seems plausable?

kendall69 12-17-2018 09:48 AM

So far the way I see it, it's about negotiating a percentage off, and NOT $$ off?

95snake 12-17-2018 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by kendall69 (Post 18365587)
HOLY crap 10K off. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner winner chicken dinner!
Who knows this might help out here when a sales guy tells me he can't do it and I say well OTHER DEALERS can do it ....as he tosses me out of the dealership!
That gives me something to shoot for. Also make me want to look at ticket prices to Virginia

My salesman was Marvin Smith. Sticker was 73K, marked down to 64K. He said they are trying to become a "wholesaler", not sure what that means but I like it! I couldn't believe it when I saw the price and it was a 2019.

Joe T 12-17-2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by kendall69 (Post 18365564)
That scares me as I NEED to purchase by the end of the year for tax reasons and if I can't make a deal on the 31st I'm screwed, BUT maybe I'll try Dec 30 and see if they're hungry and deal. Thank you sir. I'll call Fritz

I'm in the same boat but in the Houston area. They are quoting like $6,500 off on the lot over the phone and wont discuss interest rates. If I wanted to shop every dealer in the area and waste my time (probably not financially worth it) I could maybe drum up a deal. My dilemma is I am having a hard/impossible time finding a Longbed Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch super duty with similar options to my 2015 F150 Lariat 502A AND also rapid supplemental heat and gooseneck prep (2 necessities for me).

I'm going up one 'rung' just so I don't regret selling my nice fully loaded low mile F150 for $35K :-missingt .

I'm putting a deposit on one today in Virginia. I'm making a trip out of it and stopping in ATL, Pensacola, and maybe Birmingham and New Orleans. Its Christmas and have people I'd love to see in those cities.

I'll let you know my leads as soon as I secure them but that might be a bit of a drive. I almost bought a car in San Jose about a year ago and planned to drive it back but we were thinking 3-4 days back to Houston; it didn't check out so we made a trip out of it and caught 2 last minute $55 5 hour connector flights back to Houston.

Always fun shopping for cars.... :-X20 makes me want to drive a cash clunker.

RandyinTN 12-17-2018 10:02 AM

To a point, it doesnt matter how much you get off the new truck. You also must consider any fees the dealer wants to add on or the value of your trade (if any).

With, or without trade, the only price that matters is the final out the door price. I seen plenty of weird ads in my life. Like 10,000 off sticker only to find out the dealer has high doc fees and then makes you pay for paint and upholstery protection, wheel locks, engraved glass, etc.

OUT THE DOOR price.

kendall69 12-17-2018 10:10 AM

What wholesaler means ( I THINK) is there is a dealer in Idaho that is know in the Dodge community for absolute best Dodge price and it's posted no questions asked on their site

Dillon Dodge. I wish there was a Ford dealership that did the same. People travel from all over the USA to buy Dodges from that dealer. It’s a great model, they do low, low, low markup but sell thousands of vehicles. All my local guys do just the opposite, they don't discount and have hundreds of vehicles sitting around all year

I offered 10K less and had cash in my pocket they said" good bye" and let me walk

CBEllis 12-17-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18364912)
Try Texas. Those guys are always bragging about how they get such fantastic deals.

Aaahahaha!

Thats right! I’m not in the market but if I was, Whitesboro Ford (Holiday) would be on my shortlist. All-other stealerships could learn many lessons from their sales strategy and customer service team. They’re second to none in my book.

kendall69 12-17-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by RandyinTN (Post 18365719)
To a point, it doesnt matter how much you get off the new truck. You also must consider any fees the dealer wants to add on or the value of your trade (if any).

With, or without trade, the only price that matters is the final out the door price. I seen plenty of weird ads in my life. Like 10,000 off sticker only to find out the dealer has high doc fees and then makes you pay for paint and upholstery protection, wheel locks, engraved glass, etc.

OUT THE DOOR price.

Here's what I do when I get intp the finance office and that's where they start piling things on. I sit down, tell the finace guy " you know all those things you're about to offer me we;; I'm going to say no to every one so lets save us some tome and skip that' Then I make them take OFF th fake alarm system that cost $35.00 and charge $595.00 for. One dealer waited till I had the pen in my hand after 4 hours of negotiating beofre he hit me with the interst in teh finance office. No problem I put the pen down and walked out while they were in the middle of transfering thing from my old car to the new one.

BIGDOG1974 12-17-2018 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by kendall69 (Post 18364628)
Anyone know of a dealership that is dealing, west of the Mississippi? I've contacted several and most are not dealing, I even sat in one dealership and best they dis wa $1,000 off retail.
Now if I was looking for a Dodge they are offering $14,000 off MSRP. ( yes I know ...but it's a Dodge).

So if anyone has a great dealership oe sales guy that is dealing I'll love to hear from you. I can fly to Texas, Washington etc.

https://www.fordofkirkland.com/

Ask for Richard (sales Manager)

saved $12,785 on a F-350 Lariat !

tell Him Big Dog sent you !

Turbo Dog 12-17-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by kendall69 (Post 18365734)
What wholesaler means ( I THINK) is there is a dealer in Idaho that is know in the Dodge community for absolute best Dodge price and it's posted no questions asked on their site

Dillon Dodge. I wish there was a Ford dealership that did the same. People travel from all over the USA to buy Dodges from that dealer. It’s a great model, they do low, low, low markup but sell thousands of vehicles. All my local guys do just the opposite, they don't discount and have hundreds of vehicles sitting around all year

Those prices look good on the internet, but when I tried to deal with them I found that they just low ball your trade in, so the truck ends up about the same price. I think their price might be good if you don't use a trade in.

kendall69 12-17-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by BIGDOG1974 (Post 18365748)

https://www.fordofkirkland.com/

Ask for Richard (sales Manager)

saved $12,785 on a F-350 Lariat !

tell Him Big Dog sent you !

I just sent him an e-mail lets see what happens

kendall69 12-17-2018 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Dog (Post 18365887)
Those prices look good on the internet, but when I tried to deal with them I found that they just low ball your trade in, so the truck ends up about the same price. I think their price might be good if you don't use a trade in.

I have an F450 that I love so I didn't let them Pi$$ me off by low balling that I'll just either keep it because it pulls like a freight train of in time sell it.
Same goes for finaance I can get cheap rates through the credit union, but to save $500.00 more I need to finanace through Ford make on payment then go through credit union

BIGDOG1974 12-17-2018 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by kendall69 (Post 18365945)
I just sent him an e-mail lets see what happens

https://www.hellerford.com/new-vehic...er+Duty&page=1

Also , these guys have one of the best websites I’ve seen , and show their cards right up front without any games .And they will even have it delivered to you for $899 too boot !

Ryebone 12-17-2018 12:11 PM

Looking for the same info on an East Coast Dealer. I'm in Vermont where there are several Ford dealerships, but none do a ton of volume. I'm willing to travel for the right deal. Has anyone done a purchase through Costco? I started the process, but haven't sent the closest Costco affiliated dealer my build yet as I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger. The salesman at the Costco affiliated dealership said the price is "at cost." We'll have to see where that comes in...

My build is a F350 Lariat Ultimate, with tow technology, 5th wheel prep, fender liners and a few other odds and ends.

JD'sBigredv10 12-17-2018 01:52 PM

When I ordered my very loaded Platinum (high MSRP) at the end of August, Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego offered me $1500 under invoice, $6320 off MSRP. That was their first offer and a better deal than most ever receive in So Cal. I didn't even negotiate any further. I suggest directly contacting Eric, the internet manager. Contact info is on their website. My salesman was Tyler. They don't have a ton of Super Duties on the lot but if one of them meets your needs, it's worth shooting them an email or giving them a call. I sent an email explaining exactly what I was planning to do and that my expectation was a deal under X-Plan. Eric replied to me within an hour.

Kendall69, I stopped by Palm Springs Ford to look at a truck with the Dark Marsala interior before I ordered mine and one of the sales guys told me they are barely willing to budge of MSRP!

krush3 12-17-2018 03:27 PM

I’m curious about this also. Dealers in my area are showing $9-10k off for high msrp builds on lots.

JD'sBigredv10 12-17-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10 (Post 18366212)
When I ordered my very loaded Platinum (high MSRP) at the end of August, Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego offered me $1500 under invoice, $6320 off MSRP. That was their first offer and a better deal than most ever receive in So Cal. I didn't even negotiate any further. I suggest directly contacting Eric, the internet manager. Contact info is on their website. My salesman was Tyler. They don't have a ton of Super Duties on the lot but if one of them meets your needs, it's worth shooting them an email or giving them a call. I sent an email explaining exactly what I was planning to do and that my expectation was a deal under X-Plan. Eric replied to me within an hour.

Kendall69, I stopped by Palm Springs Ford to look at a truck with the Dark Marsala interior before I ordered mine and one of the sales guys told me they are barely willing to budge of MSRP!

By the way, the offer was made without any discussion of incentives, PCOs, trade-in, etc. All of that was dealt with after we agreed on the price of the new truck.

RandyinTN 12-17-2018 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ryebone (Post 18366044)
Looking for the same info on an East Coast Dealer. I'm in Vermont where there are several Ford dealerships, but none do a ton of volume. I'm willing to travel for the right deal. Has anyone done a purchase through Costco? I started the process, but haven't sent the closest Costco affiliated dealer my build yet as I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger. The salesman at the Costco affiliated dealership said the price is "at cost." We'll have to see where that comes in...

My build is a F350 Lariat Ultimate, with tow technology, 5th wheel prep, fender liners and a few other odds and ends.

Contact Koons in Maryland/Virginia. They are one of the largest Ford dealers on the east coast. Check out the prices on their web site.