Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 + Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum281/)
-   -   Heater not throwing much heat on 2015 Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1565689-heater-not-throwing-much-heat-on-2015-navigator.html)

mbryson 12-15-2018 07:27 AM

Heater not throwing much heat on 2015 Navigator

We live in Utah and our recently purchased 40k mile Navigator is apparently not heating up enough in a 15-17 minute commute for the heater to give any semblance of heat. I’ll be confirming that in a few minutes with a test drive but was browsing the forums for any other issues. Doesn’t seem like a common thing.

Anyone have issues with with how long the EB takes to give warmth to passengers?

alloro 12-15-2018 11:18 AM

Is the engine coming up the operating temperature and there's no heat, or is the engine still cold after the commute?

mbryson 12-16-2018 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by alloro (Post 18362539)
Is the engine coming up the operating temperature and there's no heat, or is the engine still cold after the commute?

it is coming up to operating temp. Turns out my coolant was a little over two quarts low. I’ll have to keep an eye on the “why” part of that. That’s a bit alarming to me on a 45k mile rig

mbryson 02-18-2019 10:00 PM

Just a follow up on this. We did start getting a little weep of coolant in the garage. Being that we bought the "certified used" Lincoln, we drove the rig to the dealer. A couple days later, we had a fresh water pump, some new turbo coolant lines and fittings and we appear good to go.

pdqford 02-19-2019 12:35 PM

We appreciate the feedback. (Many forget (or don’t bother) to do that).

Thank You!

1NiceHarley 02-21-2019 02:56 PM

Yes thank you for the update!

Catlettsl 03-28-2019 08:21 PM

Not to take over the OP’s thread...but I have an ‘04 with similar issue (figured I’d ask here instead of starting a new thread in the older sub forum). My heater doesn’t get super warm, remains pretty mild. On very cold/cool days the thermostat gauge indicates the engine isn’t getting up to normal temps. The gauge indicates the engine temp is somewhere between 1/4-1/3 level. On warmer days the gauge indicates the engine temp is between 1/2.

Any my insight into what this problem could be? Vehicle service history shows the engine oil cooler lines were replaced in 2016.

mbryson 03-28-2019 08:33 PM

No offense on my part of posting to this thread . Mine turned out to be leaking coolant. Not enough to notice on the garage floor. Ultimately needed a water pump.

Check your coolant level?

CathedralCub 04-02-2019 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Catlettsl (Post 18567492)
Not to take over the OP’s thread...but I have an ‘04 with similar issue (figured I’d ask here instead of starting a new thread in the older sub forum). My heater doesn’t get super warm, remains pretty mild. On very cold/cool days the thermostat gauge indicates the engine isn’t getting up to normal temps. The gauge indicates the engine temp is somewhere between 1/4-1/3 level. On warmer days the gauge indicates the engine temp is between 1/2.

Any my insight into what this problem could be? Vehicle service history shows the engine oil cooler lines were replaced in 2016.

My guess: Thermostat stuck open.

How many miles are on it?

Are you low on coolant?

Do you have the ability to read what the computer thinks the coolant temperature is?

Try this: Start it and let it idle for 20 minutes with the heater off and with no wind blowing wherever the car is. Now turn the heater on. Is it hot now? Where is the gauge pointing?