Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Bad day . Truck got stolen. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1565448-bad-day-truck-got-stolen.html)

tigwelder 12-12-2018 05:39 PM

Bad day . Truck got stolen.

Well to top off a bad day of welding.
i walked out to parking lot.
And there was a Toyota Tacoma in my spot.
Took a while of me looking like a lost little boy to come to grips with the fact that someone stole it.
It's full of all kinds of my stuff.
About $2k of tools in toolbox.
All my hard work getting it just the way I like.
And worst of all my 15 year old grey felt Stetson cowboy hat. That feels like part of my head from wearing it every day.
Police took all my info . But with a 60 gallon fuel tank it's long gone.
And I hate thinking of trying to figure out what kind of vehicle I'll replace it with.

Sous 12-12-2018 05:43 PM

Damn, that sucks. Chances are it is gone forever, but I have seen vehicles turn up a year later.

A friend of mine had a Suzuki SV1000 motorcycle stolen from his open garage one night. A year later he got a letter from a salvage yard saying that if he didn't come and pick it up, they were going to sell it at auction. He called them and apparently the PD had neglected to let him know they recovered it. We drove up there with a trailer and picked it up. It was in rough shape, but he got it back.

Are there any cameras on the property it was stolen from? Was it your place of work, if so there may be an insurance policy from the business that could help out.

Maybe post a recent picture and some distinguishing details about the truck?

tigwelder 12-12-2018 06:13 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...924b9c2f8b.jpg
I was at work Goodyear chemical. On IH 10 .
There not responsible for our vehicles. This has happened before .
But there nice enough to tell us what we can have in vehicle. Where to park. No lowboy trailer's.
You have to drive directly in front of guard station to come in or out. Like with in 60 feet .
There's a camera on drive way. It will see it leaving out
Lady that was in my parking spot . Said she got there at 6:45
And my truck pulled out so she could take my spot.
I got out of truck at 6:05 to walk in to work.
It's most likely in Houston in pieces.
There's been a rash of stolen vehicles here lately.
probably 50 that I've heard of in last 4 months.

tigwelder 12-12-2018 06:16 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...02b1ec5e4a.jpg
Big white Masonic sticker on rear window.
And white sticker of my ranch brand on window

beef tits 12-12-2018 06:21 PM

Sorry to hear man, they are easy to steal. After repairing my ignition switch I realized that it only takes a torx bit and a flathead to have one of these trucks on and running without a key. Way to go Ford!

bigb56 12-12-2018 06:23 PM

That really sucks, so they actually got in past the fuard station and got out past the guard station without raising any eyebrows? Did you have any sort of security like a Club, alarm or a kill switch? And what a great looking truck it is.

beef tits 12-12-2018 06:24 PM

For what it's worth to anyone else reading; Lorex has some great deals on home security cameras right now....I just ordered a setup for less than $200 for my house. There has been some weird **** going on in the alleyway.

z31freakify 12-12-2018 06:42 PM

That just plain sucks man, I feel you, I too know that feeling when a vehicle you care about gets stolen, I hate fuking thieves.

tigwelder 12-12-2018 07:03 PM

That time of morning there's about 200 card coming and going from parking lot at shift change.
video will only show my truck leaving.
Dark tint on Windows.

BBslider001 12-12-2018 07:08 PM

Man I am SO sorry to hear this. Yeah, it's insured blah blah blah, but it does not remove the feeling of wanting to beat some low LIFE POS to death on the asphalt. Maybe that's just me. I put a Club on mine every time I leave it now. I just hear of too many of our trucks being stolen and how easy it is to steal them. Are you covered pretty well?

bigb56 12-12-2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 18357944)
Man I am SO sorry to hear this. Yeah, it's insured blah blah blah, but it does not remove the feeling of wanting to beat some low LIFE POS to death on the asphalt. Maybe that's just me. I put a Club on mine every time I leave it now. I just hear of too many of our trucks being stolen and how easy it is to steal them. Are you covered pretty well?

I do Club, Cyclops and factory alarm. Thinking about a tracking system. Thing is a good 7.3 is nearly irreplaceable. With a new truck you just collect your insurance money and go get another, but not so easy with a good 7.3.

z31freakify 12-12-2018 07:21 PM

Another good way to eliminate a stolen vehicle is by bypassing the starter solenoid signal wire with an ON/OFF switch hidden somewhere inside the cab with no vissible wires exposed.

tigwelder 12-12-2018 07:28 PM

Yep full coverage.
don't know what its worth .
I'll see.

bigb56 12-12-2018 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by tigwelder (Post 18357972)
Yep full coverage.
don't know what its worth .
I'll see.

Get ready for a fight when they try to offer you Blue Book. We were offered $27K for a wrecked Toyota Highlander with 34K on it and I had to research everything and show receipts which brought the settlement to $36K. Just sayin don't take the first offer. I think you have to wait 30 days anyway don't you, in case it turns up?

F350-6 12-12-2018 07:35 PM

Sucks to hear. Start looking for ads for comparable trucks and print them out. Insurance might try to lowball off KBB based on years and mileage, not actual value. 4

Then again they might knock your socks off with the offer like they did when my 99 got totaled.