Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Post your strobe/warning light setup with pics! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564937-post-your-strobe-warning-light-setup-with-pics.html)

CPal 12-08-2018 08:13 AM

Post your strobe/warning light setup with pics!

Hi all, for those who have strobe kits/led warning kitsch installed on their super duties can you share some pics and ideally the parts/where you purchased them?

I currently have the acari roof mount with strobe permanently mounted and I hate it. I want something cleaner so my truck doesnt look like so much of a work truck as it's also my daily driver. I would love to add the ford third brake like attachment that has the 2 amber strobes but cant find it alone without purchasing whole kit and would also like to add some amber lights to mount in grill. I just want the brightest possible and not really sure what to look for. Thanks all in advance for sharing!

Poncho450 12-08-2018 08:27 AM

After having a Whelen magnetic mount amber strobe on the roofs of my last 2 trucks in winter storm situations, I sold it when I bought the aluminum SD. I don't have a video at the moment, but I went this time with a Z Flash OBD module from Ultra Bright Lightz. I no longer have any interest in adding auxiliary lighting hardware to my truck. That much more to strip off and deal with at trade time. https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/z-...QaAiXYEALw_wcB
So far it appears to do what it's advertised to do. The module can be plugged into the computer to update and activate/inactivate certain lights. It's also now Mac compatible for this operation.
My only uses are if there is some sort of reason to stop on the side of the road for any length of time, winter snow storms or backing a trailer in from the road so that I'm that much more visible to others. I've never checked to see if the trailer lights flash along with the truck tail lights when the module is in use.

G. Loomis 12-08-2018 11:09 AM

My Strobe Solution

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered my (snowplow) strobe goodies from Wicked Warnings. George sent me exactly what I needed and even answered his cell on a Saturday when I had an installation question. With the strobes off everything looks perfectly stock. I couldn't be happier with the results! https://www.wickedwarnings.com

Slackerme 12-08-2018 01:04 PM

I ended up ordering 2 heavy duty 2"x2" magnets
Ive got the huge sunroof option and put the magnets on the underside of the sunroof to hold the 12" strobe light all the way at the back.
Run the wire through the rear slide window and plug into a 12 volt outlet I installed for the up-fitter switches
Way cheaper alternative for lighting. Only use it for the plowing season here in Michigan

CPal 12-08-2018 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by G. Loomis (Post 18349606)
I ordered my (snowplow) strobe goodies from Wicked Warnings. George sent me exactly what I needed and even answered his cell on a Saturday when I had an installation question. With the strobes off everything looks perfectly stock. I couldn't be happier with the results! https://www.wickedwarnings.com

did they build a custom package for you or did you build it yourself? I've been to their site many times but never end up pulling the trigger as I'm kinda dumb with this stuff. I have no worries about installing myself as long as there is ok instructions but I dont know particularly what parts I may need.

G. Loomis 12-08-2018 04:06 PM

I gave them a general idea of what I’d like and they were able to help guide me. I ended up with the Mirror Mod Kit and the LED HAW DUO. I uploaded a video but it’s not working on my mobile device. It does work when looking at the thread on my computer though. Check it out.

Projectlittleredf250 12-08-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by G. Loomis (Post 18349606)

Hello!

I am Adam a tech from Wicked Warning, Glad to hear you love the products. The OP can message me and I can get you setup with everything you need that best fits your application and wants. We are a full custom shop for strobe lighting and etc, anything you need we can proved to you. Thanks again and stay Wicked.

Projectlittleredf250 12-08-2018 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by CPal (Post 18349968)
did they build a custom package for you or did you build it yourself? I've been to their site many times but never end up pulling the trigger as I'm kinda dumb with this stuff. I have no worries about installing myself as long as there is ok instructions but I dont know particularly what parts I may need.

Hey CPAL,

We can do either for you. Most of our builds we design for our customers, and most products do come with instructions on how to wire them. Message me and we can get you set up with everything you need! Thanks Adam

ka_EMT 12-08-2018 11:53 PM

I am running 2x Code 3 XTP6 in the grills(Dual Color/Dual Mode), 2x Code 3 MR6 (Dual color/dual mode) on the side front bumper with a white flood mode, a Whelen Inner Edge Visor bar, and Nova Red/Amber Hideaways in the reverse.Code 3 flasher flashing the fogs, will be replaced with Baja Designs Squadrons once I get the fog brackets. The flasher is not plug and play, we had to wire it up. All the new Code 3 lighting is insanely bright, very impressed. Price is not too bad, about $60 each surface mount retail. I got them from my buddy who is a local EV installer. The Nova Hideaways are very bright. Only downfall is a single mode, but that hasn't been an issue. Pricey, around $100 each, but honestly the brightest hideaways I have seen, and the patterns aren't funky either.

I cannot upload the videos, they are too big, they are in the Google drive folder below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=133...d-6PPmY8HLMU5X

pmichael 12-10-2018 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Poncho450 (Post 18349358)
After having a Whelen magnetic mount amber strobe on the roofs of my last 2 trucks in winter storm situations, I sold it when I bought the aluminum SD. I don't have a video at the moment, but I went this time with a Z Flash OBD module from Ultra Bright Lightz. I no longer have any interest in adding auxiliary lighting hardware to my truck. That much more to strip off and deal with at trade time. https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/z-...QaAiXYEALw_wcB
So far it appears to do what it's advertised to do. The module can be plugged into the computer to update and activate/inactivate certain lights. It's also now Mac compatible for this operation.
My only uses are if there is some sort of reason to stop on the side of the road for any length of time, winter snow storms or backing a trailer in from the road so that I'm that much more visible to others. I've never checked to see if the trailer lights flash along with the truck tail lights when the module is in use.

How do you like this thing, has it worked? Looks like its configurable. I have the OEM strobe package, but that only has lights on the hood and on the rear cab light. This would be a nice addition.

STIBUILDER 12-10-2018 03:39 PM

OBD2 Plug and play

wicked 2018 12-10-2018 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by STIBUILDER (Post 18353138)
OBD2 Plug and play

that's nice

vtfireftr 12-11-2018 03:49 PM

Whelen. More expensive but worth the price. Designed and built in the the USA. 5 year no question warranty. (I do not have any financial interest in Whelen). Many retailers on-line. www.strobesnmore.com SIRENNET - Emergency Vehicle Warning Lights - Police Lights I highly recommend Whelen Ion Duals for the rear of the truck mounted on license plate bracket. they flash one color, and white overrides the flash color for great back up lights. And since they are mounted to the rear license plate, nothing below the bumper to get ripped off by a snow bank. The light bar is a custom built Freedom. It's red over clear in the front, red over amber in the rear. All controlled by a Whelen Cencom Saphire control unit. The truck now has a Ranch Hand Legend front bumper with a Superwinch 12.5 Talon winch.

NorEasterMA 12-11-2018 04:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a mixture of Feniex Industries products and Strobes N More products on my '17. Bought everything from Strobes n More in Rhode Island. Wonderful customer service and selection. Company is owned and operated by a Volunteer Firefighter, which I like. My setup is more "undercover" versus a roof bar etc. Everything can also be overrode to steady white for scene lighting. Always adding more too! Everything is controlled with a Feniex 4200DL computer programmable controller. Some photos are below and there's a full spec list in my build thread (linked below). I've helped a lot of guys on here with their setups too.

Here's a video (it's a bit longer, more in depth)

Attachment 262715Attachment 262713Attachment 262714

6.7Scorpion 12-12-2018 06:08 PM

A big fender washer and some silicone is how we mounted some antennas and lights on our work trucks haha