Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Trailer hitch for Ford Excursion by Rockauto (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564702-trailer-hitch-for-ford-excursion-by-rockauto.html)

Lillith 12-06-2018 03:58 AM

Trailer hitch for Ford Excursion by Rockauto

Hello,

we are searching for a matching trailer hitch for our Ford Excursion. In Germany it is not possible to get a suitable trailer hitch. Now I have found the right one by Rockauto. It is suitable for Class IV vehicles and up to 12,000 pounds. The brand is CURT. Do you have experience with the quality of Rockauto or the brand CURT? If it is a good product I would order it.

Many thanks for your help.

best wishes

Lillith

IMASAP 12-06-2018 06:38 AM

I replaced my factory Ford hitch with Curt 14011. It is an excellent hitch and fit perfectly. I was able to re-use the factory Ford bracket and plug by drilling and tapping one bolt hole in the new Curt hitch.

Lillith 12-06-2018 07:21 AM

Hello, that sounds very good. Then we will definitely order a CURT trailer hitch. Have you had any experience with Rockauto? There are many other vendors but most ship only within America.

Magnus E 12-06-2018 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lillith (Post 18345769)
Hello, that sounds very good. Then we will definitely order a CURT trailer hitch. Have you had any experience with Rockauto? There are many other vendors but most ship only within America.

Many of us order our parts from RockAuto. It is a reputable company and one of the major internet car part retailers in the US.

Lillith 12-06-2018 08:20 AM

Hello Magnus, that's good informations!Here in Germany there are different opinions and it is always difficult to decide. Unfortunately, it is often the Problem that only people say Sommerhoff wegen they have had bad experiences with an Seller. There should be a lot more people who saying something good when they were happy with an Order. But I think that is the same in the US as in Germany. Then I will order the Trailer Hitch right away and hope that we get them mounted without any problems. Many Thanks!

best wishes

Lillith

96firephoenix 12-06-2018 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lillith (Post 18345769)

RockAuto is one of the online parts retailers from the "Dot-com boom" in the 90s and it has survived this long by being a good company. The only online parts retailer that has a better reputation among my car groups is Amazon. LMC Truck is also a reputable vendor, but I"m unsure about shipping to the EU market or if they carry trailer hitches.

Lillith 12-06-2018 08:30 AM

thank you for your information. I will order there. They also do the same customs clearance, which is very convenient! At Amazon.com I also see the Trailer Hitch but what irritated me is that they allegedly not fit for our excursion although it is the same number. Then I prefer to order with Rockauto and I'm sure to get the right article.

Lillith 12-06-2018 08:34 AM

But another question, have anyone of you the Problem that the Display on the overhead console
is not working? Maybe you have a idea how to repair it?

Many thanks

WE3ZS 12-06-2018 09:32 AM

Lillith, there is info on the overhead display repairs (along with a small universe of other mods and repairs) in the TECH FOLDER near the top of the EXcursion forum page.

Lillith 12-06-2018 09:59 AM

Thanks,thats what I searched for!👍

PrescottIce 12-06-2018 10:36 AM

The search feature here seems a bit less responsive than some forums, don't know why. Here's the direct link to the fix:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...ml#post3266008

Some people send their displays out to a forum vendor here that has great success fixing them if you're not a do-it-yourself kind of person with electronics.

Lillith 12-06-2018 11:34 AM

In the meantime, I had also searched and found it but thanks anyway! The search function is really not optimal. I think my husband will manage it himself. I hope so!😉