Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   2020 super duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564405-2020-super-duty.html)

Lumberman12 12-03-2018 01:41 PM

2020 super duty

When do think ford will release more info on the 2020 SD ???

Rooftop 12-03-2018 08:41 PM

I think there holding out as long as possible because there is enough changes going to happen that it might hurt 2019 sales. when people see it and the new improvements they will stop buying the 19’s and ford doesn’t want that.

SD2 12-03-2018 09:14 PM

Hopefully after the new year but still might not be for a while. The good news for the 2019s is that they might offer some nice rebates.

hindy 12-03-2018 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rooftop (Post 18341553)
I think there holding out as long as possible because there is enough changes going to happen that it might hurt 2019 sales. when people see it and the new improvements they will stop buying the 19’s and ford doesn’t want that.

⬆️ That and GM and FCA are coming out with new 2020 models which means F doesn't want to show their cards too soon .

Lariatdriver 12-03-2018 09:59 PM

I wonder how the new big block gas motor will tow?

srkr 12-04-2018 06:29 AM

I’m betting little changes. Come on truckmwas revamped 3 years ago. Fords history is every 6-7 years on large changes.

George C 12-04-2018 07:09 AM

I’m betting HUGE changes.
The current truck is meh at best. Basic interior, basic technology, and riding on a old/new body design that is quickly running out of steam. The current truck will look very old when the competition releases their new stuff this spring. Lots can be done to update the look of the exterior without a body change. The interior needs a lot of love to bring up to date.

RAM will have a new truck, with a MAJOR interior update coming. GM is unveiling an all new design which will be something sweet in the Denali, so Ford will not sit on their rears and let market share slip. If they do, all options are open for me, and I’m sure for others in 2020.

Im expecting a major interior upgrade. New front grilles with a different LED headlight look. New tailgate and tail lights. Hopefully new colors, and not the same ole’ same ole’ utility colors they’ve been stuck in for the last 30 years.

willynilly 12-04-2018 07:12 AM

sounds like ram isnt doing a complete overhaul for atleast another year or two. maybe the decided to do more testing and get their ducks in a row

George C 12-04-2018 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by willynilly (Post 18342005)
sounds like ram isnt doing a complete overhaul for atleast another year or two. maybe the decided to do more testing and get their ducks in a row

I think Ram will be overhauling their heavies in 2021, and releasing them sometime early in 2020. They will be offering their incredible Limited interior in that truck.. If they did in 2020, I’m there.

Ford and GM are so far off from competing with RAM’s interior, that I’m sure we will see a response in the new 2020.

FractureCritical 12-04-2018 07:19 AM

It'll be the first year for the new 'big block' gas motor and the first year for the new 10 speed transmission.
If there's one thing that the universe agrees upon, it's that Ford SUCKS at doing 'new' for anything, but for engines and transmissions in particular.
I'm sure the 2021's will be fine after Ford's crack team of idiot engineers are done using the 2020 owners as beta testers.

George C 12-04-2018 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by FractureCritical (Post 18342019)
It'll be the first year for the new 'big block' gas motor and the first year for the new 10 speed transmission.
If there's one thing that the universe agrees upon, it's that Ford SUCKS at doing 'new' for anything, but for engines and transmissions in particular.
I'm sure the 2021's will be fine after Ford's crack team of idiot engineers are done using the 2020 owners as beta testers.

I don’t know about that.
I bought one of the first 1999 trucks to roll off the line. One of the first 6.0L trucks, one of the first 6.4L trucks without issue. Yeah, the 6.0 was good luck on my part, and the 6.4L needed a total delete, which was not Fords issue, but rather EGR technology issues at the time. The 6.4L was without doubt the easiest 1,180 lbs of torque to be made. 8 years without a single problem.

The 10 speed is a joint effort with GM, with BOTH companies reputations on the line. I’m sure they’ve learned a lot with hundreds of thousands of 10 speeds on the road right now with millions of miles worth of data. If issues do arise, they are usually software related and easily adjusted. Personally, I can’t wait. My wife’s Yukon Denali has one, and it’s almost a seamless shift.

Ben Elliott 12-04-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by George C (Post 18342001)
The current truck is meh at best. Basic interior, basic technology, and riding on a old/new body design that is quickly running out of steam. The current truck will look very old when the competition releases their new stuff this spring. Lots can be done to update the look of the exterior without a body change. The interior needs a lot of love to bring up to date.

RAM will have a new truck, with a MAJOR interior update coming. GM is unveiling an all new design which will be something sweet in the Denali, so Ford will not sit on their rears and let market share slip. If they do, all options are open for me, and I’m sure for others in 2020.

Im expecting a major interior upgrade. New front grilles with a different LED headlight look. New tailgate and tail lights. Hopefully new colors, and not the same ole’ same ole’ utility colors they’ve been stuck in for the last 30 years.

basic technology ? Ram and GM are both coming out with new models just to break even vs Ford.

I have a 16 duramax ltz- which other then the front hood scoop has all the technology it offers, it’s loaded , I have a ram 3500 which is probably closer technology wise to ford with start push button, but both are coming out with new models just to hang with Ford. I’m not even a “Ford “ guy, just always wanted a king ranch since I was a kid so I bought a loaded 350 KR.

All trucks have same colors - you can argue which one is better and which one offers better exterior packages like Z71 custom sport bs RAM blacked out versions and now Fords lariat sport but other then that , you can’t knock Ford for being behind the curve.

I got a brochure in the mail of the 1500 GM and they didn’t even have an interior photo other then their “camera trailer options” which ford was the first to come out with because they know they screwed up compared to Rams interior.

I see f-150 being re-designed first to compeat with Rams interior. I see GM losing its spot to Ram honestly. 2020 super duty will probably offer more grills/ custom options to compete with RAM “cooler” options and possibly the 10 speed and 7.2 gas- but keep everything else the same for another 2 years- just like GM with the LP5- didn’t change anything else for what looks like will be 3 model years 17-18-19

someday 12-04-2018 08:55 AM

seems too soon, maybe 2021 revamp?

delorenzomp 12-04-2018 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by George C (Post 18342001)

I want a truck to be a truck, not an over-sized car...I hope Ford sticks to making trucks...boxy, capable trucks !

mptjelgin 12-04-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by delorenzomp (Post 18342316)
I want a truck to be a truck, not an over-sized car...I hope Ford sticks to making trucks...boxy, capable trucks !

I agree. I pull a 15000 pound fifth wheel all over the country. I don't need a pretty truck...