Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   December Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564252-december-chat-thread.html)

5_labsownus 12-24-2018 08:16 AM

Good Christmas Eve morning Georgia, Hugh and Stephen sorry to hear the Dodge did not cooperate! But that is normal for Dodge! LOL
Glad no one was injured!

ChiefM 12-24-2018 10:54 AM

Booked us for a quick 3 day Disney trip the end of March. One travel day and eat at Disney Springs, One Park day then come home day. Decided to stay at the shades of green since it's a quick trip, a lot easier that way.

The dodge has been a pain since the day my daughter brought it home. If it wasn't for the fact my son and wife like it I would sell it.

ChiefM 12-25-2018 05:05 AM

Merry Christmas !!!
I hope everyone was good and gets the presents they want.

The link to buy tickets at the shades of green is not working, probibly because of the holidays. Our fastpass selection window opens in less than a week so I am going to call today and see if I can expedite the process. My daughter is already harassing my wife that I am going to Disney her to death for the next 95 days.

5_labsownus 12-25-2018 09:47 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...0842720039.jpg

ChiefM 12-25-2018 08:01 PM

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

ChiefM 12-26-2018 04:57 AM

I think little man had sensory overload with so many new toys to play with. Mom in-law got him a small trampoline and at 9 o'clock last night he wanted to go outside and jump on it! It's hard to believe he is going to be turning 3 on Saturday. The daughter got engaged yesterday!! I have a feeling today is going to be slow and drag on forever.

ChiefM 12-26-2018 09:30 AM

I was able to score a lunch reservation at the T-Rex cafe' in Disney Springs for the Saturday we arrive. Reservations are always hard to get there because it's popular and the reservation window opens 180 days out.

ChiefM 12-28-2018 11:54 AM

I requested my Disney card rewards card this morning, that should more than cover dinner at the T-Rex cafe'. Looking for a motel room in the International Drive area now. I don't want to go super cheap but not over the top either. There is an resort fee of 15 to 30 bucks added on top of the room price plus I found some that make you pay for parking too.

hturner12 12-29-2018 04:01 AM

For some reason only been getting the generic ga forum update. So I just been ignoring them. Glad everyone had a great Christmas. The daugher s-i-l 3 if grandkids and stupid yap yap dog were here. Dam it exoensive to feed 7 people dinner at waffle house 70.00 linch at buffet Christmas day 100.00. The gk are electronic additicted never go outside geeks, even the 6 year old has a cell phone and tablet. We took them out to the land and rode them around on the side by side. Of course I just crept along at 5mph NOT. Let my 16 year drive she does not even have permit yet. At first she went slow then she was running about 25. Let my 10yr old help me get a log on the mill. The next log on the gad to be a knarly dry red oak. Only cut a little. Everything was going great till daughter showed up with here over babying. Wife and I both told to shut the #$$#$ up.
i think the best part is when the went to his momms after lunch Christmas. 9nly got into one argument with daughter not like the fisaco last time we went out there. They came by yesterday she started talking thatMedicare for all BS wrong thing to say to me.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...939de0f43f.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...73cbb235fb.jpg
Grandson

hturner12 12-29-2018 04:14 AM

Got back on the Mazda. Pulled the injectors. Bought a new battery . Turn the key. I have a fuel delivery problem . The pump was loud but no fuel almost like it out of gasm but I filled it up before I brought it home . So Monday get back on it finish the injectors pull the bed again and for last time( building flatbed) snd pull the pump .

The tractor transmission is done $360.00 they said I put the the sychornizer in backwards. Was not going to argue it back together. Plan on putting it in on the the 5 th. My neighbor can only help me on Saturday.

ChiefM 12-29-2018 06:01 AM

Today is our annversy and little mans 3rd birthday. We went to outback last night to celebrate our anniversary, has become a tradition for us. Taking little man to the China buffet for his birthday today on our way to grandmas for cake. He loves the food at the buffet and eats so good.

Glad to hear the family drama was a lot less this year. The wife thinks I am looking at too expensive rooms in Orlando for just one night. I have been looking at ones with a kid pool or water park. It should be warm enough to play in the water the end of March. I make all the reservations anyway so I just won’t tell her where I booked. I think they laid down the blacktop at the new store on Thursday before the rain came in. Still a ton of work to do before we can open.

hturner12 12-29-2018 01:48 PM

So did daughter set a date? Tell you wife you agree and you found a cheap motel "The Hoochie Mamma Inn" rooms are by the hour or day. Clean sheets extra.:-X24. When we were in LA they actually had some like that they were hold overs from long ago

ArmyRover 12-29-2018 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 18374894)
if you get back over there see if the have any 6.9/7.3 idi diesel. Looking for a ZF5 transmission. I think up to 95
thanks

There was a idi crew cab but it was gutted

hturner12 12-29-2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 18387885)
There was a idi crew cab but it was gutted

Thanks. Looking more like a T18/T19.

hturner12 12-29-2018 07:05 PM

Got to pull the box bedof the Mazda one last time. Have a fuel delivery problem. Once tat fixed I am building a flatbed for it. I saw something today that provides rednecks are just a Southern thing. Saw this truck that had a homemade flatbed sitting on a modified box bed