Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   December Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564252-december-chat-thread.html)

ChiefM 12-18-2018 08:38 PM

Washer leak is fixed!! Still need to pull and send the hot tub controller in to be repaired. Need to replace the heater core in the dodge. 4 wheeler should be ready for pick up Saturday around noon. Finally feel like I am getting ahead.

hturner12 12-18-2018 09:35 PM

Thought you were going to have someone fix the hottub. Spent all day at the VA.

ArmyRover 12-18-2018 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by hturner12 (Post 18367321)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0067174348244/

wish I had the money and a place to work on it

Glad I'm out of both, wonder if they want a F150 in trade lol

hturner12 12-19-2018 03:16 AM

As I kept scrolling thru saw several projects I would like to have. Between here and Macon there is a real old truck sitting under a real old barn. Been sitting there for at least 18 years. It a picture kind od setting. You can tell the truck worked the farm. My guess owner died kids can not get rid of it.

ChiefM 12-19-2018 04:21 AM

The guy at worked decided not to sell the bug which is good with me, I don't need another project and I want to finish some work on the dodge anyway.

hturner12 12-19-2018 06:19 AM

You definatly dont need another vehicle for Chief's used cars and things car lot:)

ChiefM 12-19-2018 07:00 AM

I have to mail the hot tub controller back to the people I bought it from, they will fix it and send it back to me, for a fee of course.
The new shop should get power today, they have been running off a temp power pole. Once that's done they can finish the HVAC, internet and alarm system. They started laying the tile floor on Monday.They are installing the epoxy coating on the shop floor tomorrow. The main hold up is the paving but it won't stop raining long enough to dry out and be able to lay the blacktop. Once the paving is done they can install the road sign and security fencing.

I am getting the hang of running the computer system and all the associated stuff that I have to do. The good thing is the delay gives me more keyboard time at an open store to get everything down before I am on my own.

hturner12 12-19-2018 08:24 PM

Some time about March it be dry enough they can pave. Glad you are veetin better with the computer system , at first you we kinda stressing over it.
I be so glad when our finances are right to start the house . I am going to end up shooting one of the crack head/ meth addicts around here. Lexie has told a couple of the not to be on our side street are yard. Told them 3 things " I am from Tx, my grandfather was Irish and I have guns and not afraid to use them. She also told them they come back they would be graveyard eligible they moutged of is that a threat . Sge gave them a simple TX answer not a threat a promise. We have bee trying to help this one guy he is way out there I am talking tinfoil on the collender on the head so the aliens will not still his brain waves out there . No power cause they can track him no foodvstams, ssi for same reason. The state put a tracker in him. He was showing up about every 3 days wants us to to feed him and smoke up Lexies cig. That stress her out which stress me out. Today was final straw Iwas out at the land and he shows up. Lexie can be nice when she wants to be, she let h8m hang around. About 30 minutes ago heard someone trying to open the door. I lost it not very politely told him to leave and not come back if he did we would call the law. Last thing I told him He luckly I did not shoot him for trying just walk in our house. I tried being nice dont sink in. That the nightmare we live in.

DId some more cutting today it was a 1000% better. It was a bad blade and bad wood. My neighbor went with me he was cutting the scraps for firewood. That stuff was dulling the chain in 3 cuts. I put a new blade on put a year old red oak on the mill was cutting from 1/4 to 6 inch thick. It was some beautiful wood. Crying shame we needed it for firewood. Kids will be here Sunday the bed still has 3 stages of sanding. Wife will not let me sand in the house. :-wow
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...9555dce3e4.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...49c27ca8a8.jpg
1/4 inch

ChiefM 12-20-2018 04:46 AM

The wood looks great and a shame it's firewood.
Nothing worse than hating where you live. I was so ecstatic when we moved away from south Georgia. Meth/crack seems to be the drug of choice in Rome too. I think that's one reason we are having a problem getting another tech, either won't pass a background check or drug test. A recent study shows most technicians are in their 50's and it's hard to get young kids into mechanics.

The Techs at work had been complaining that the service manager didn't care about them. Yesterday my wife bought a few buckets of fried chicken with sides and she made cookies and we fed the guys at work. They were so grateful and said they want to send their service manager to Rome and keep me in Cartersville.

The final 2 pieces we needed to finish the 4 wheeler engine came in yesterday afternoon and I met the engine builder guy half way last night and gave them to him. He is still saying it can be finished on Saturday.

ChiefM 12-20-2018 08:53 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...324cbbb73.jpeg
Santa delivery this morning!! Putting the exhaust on at lunch and then all the body panels! Bringing the trailer and taking it home tomorrow.

ChiefM 12-20-2018 03:50 PM

The 4 wheeler is completely back together !! Plastics and all. I am going to change the front and rear diff oil tomorrow and then take it home. The wife and daughter are real excited to finally have it fixed.

hturner12 12-20-2018 04:29 PM

That cutting was with about 12 hours of self training. Since it down for a year did not want to mix it with stuff we drop now. Still got about 3 more logs left some will be used for the flatbed for the Mazda , maybe shop flooring. Had a bigger Echo chain saw on lawawy at pawn shop the sent out to get checked supposely it had bad rings. They called me yesterday to tell me the afford mr a Husky 455. Yesterday I said yes last night did research on it is limited to 20 inch bar only a 450.00 saw the other one was 600. There were know problems with the oiler . Plastic oil pump gears plastic crankcase. The Echo I was going to get they made 2 models one for 600 the other 400/450. Both can take up to 27 8nch bar. The differance the handle and clutch. The bx had the cheaper version for 399. 5 year warranty.My other saw is echo so is the brush cutter.
I asked Lexie what she tnought explained everything all she ask was about warranties. She told me get the new one. So got a refund and put it toward the new one.
it a shame the Service Manager does not know how to take care of people. I lost count of the pizzas bought when I was flightline supervisor and we were swamped and could not break for dinner. When we were slow I would keep just the required tow team. Everybody got time off. When we covered up and need to work over to help graves never had a problem with volunteers. Alot of civilians do not understand what the little things mean.
Finding anyone go in any of the trades is hard. The trucking company's are going to India (I think ever which men wear turbines and have beards some are in The Army .) To recruit drivers. With in the next 5 to 7 years a shortfall of a million drivers. There is a plumbing co in Atlanta offering 5k sign bonus . They think robots will replace us dinos.

ArmyRover 12-20-2018 05:01 PM

Working with ones hands is becoming a dead art.

Hoping to get back over to the pull a part tomorrow to get my hands on a bench seat (40/20/40) out of a 2005 to retrofit into the 1990

ChiefM 12-21-2018 05:54 PM

Stopped at the gas station on the way home, filled up the Lightning and the 4 wheeler. That sucker holds 5 gallons of fuel so it was easier to pump it in than using a gas can. Wasn't home 10 minutes and the daughter was waiting to take it off the trailer and ride. Cold and misting here, forget that mess for me.

hturner12 12-22-2018 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 18372320)
Working with ones hands is becoming a dead art.

Hoping to get back over to the pull a part tomorrow to get my hands on a bench seat (40/20/40) out of a 2005 to retrofit into the 1990

if you get back over there see if the have any 6.9/7.3 idi diesel. Looking for a ZF5 transmission. I think up to 95
thanks