Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   December Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1564252-december-chat-thread.html)

ChiefM 12-02-2018 07:32 AM

December Chat Thread

The last month of 2018. I have not decided if that's good or bad. This year has seem to have flown by. A few more weeks till Santa comes and my little man turns 3 at the end of the month. He sure is growing up quickly.
I got all the engine parts on order for the 4 wheeler. I might try and start on the heater core replacement on the dodge today, depends on how things work out.

ChiefM 12-03-2018 04:49 AM

Happy Monday !!
We finished decorating our tree and put out our Christmas decorations yesterday .The rain knocked most of the leaves off the trees and to the ground so very little got in the pool !! I blew the front yard after the wind slowed down and I now have a big pile to get rid of. I loaded the rest of the 4 wheeler parts and plastic panels in my truck to drop off to the guy fixing it.

I start training in my new role as the service manager today !!

hturner12 12-03-2018 05:02 AM

This maybe one of those years upit 70 Christmas day. You have also been retired 3 years. I think the wife is about ready to put our tree up.

After it dried out yesterday started putting the winch on the side by side. Running the wires to the battery was a pain there is a plastic skid plate/splash guard the width of the frame abour 4 ft long had to come down. The dash mounted switch is a tad big for the hole. Got the winch mounted to the bumper. It got heavy with that winch on went to put it back on one of the electrial connectors was touching the radatior tank. Called quits for the day. There is no way to test fit. So aftet I get back from Dr. I finish it up

ChiefM 12-03-2018 06:40 AM

I would not complain for a 70 degree Christmas day, had numerous while growing up in Florida so it would be OK with me.
Ordering the new crank and push rods today for the 4 wheeler so that should finish up the hard parts for the engine. If we get everything in quick he should have it finished before Christmas.

hturner12 12-03-2018 06:43 AM

The box on the porch is chronic for both of us. I got the injectors for the Mazda waiting on ECT , gaskets and tune up from Rock. Lexie finally understands why it box on the porch, it cheaper in most cases.

Told her I wanted(neede) logger boots for Christmas told me go ahead and order them.
the waiting to come in list
Enclouse for the side by side
her fuzzy socks
turn signals for Mazda
jacks for the sawmill
my boots

ChiefM 12-03-2018 11:06 AM

I have only been retired for 2 years.
I bought a pair of non steel toe work boots a week ago and broke them in over the weekend, my feet are loving not having the steel toes.
Mom in-law is buying me an amplified OTA antenna for the motor home !! One more upgrade I can get accomplished on my wish list. She might drive us crazy but I told my wife her mom needs to go with us when we take little man to Disney to get his hair cut. She is in her mid 70's, she has never been to Disney Word and would be nice to include her for a once in a life time experience.

hturner12 12-03-2018 08:49 PM

I though little man was born about same time you retired. I ordered a set of steetoed logger boots. As had as I hate steeltoes I had rolling a log or dropping a slab on my foot.
Got the winch mounted I had it mounted backwards. They way I figured it our was the legnth of the cables.
the stablizer jacks are welded on the sawmill.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...424c309cd0.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...6e52bbeb3e.jpg

ChiefM 12-04-2018 04:10 AM

Nice toy !! I know your wife will enjoy riding around in it on your property.
Little man was almost 8 months old when I retired.
My brain was smoking yesterday as I was trying to figure out how to do all the stuff for my new position. It will get easier as I do it more.

hturner12 12-04-2018 05:13 AM

You have not been in mangement for awhile. It comeback. Firstday of training is a but kicker , but 9nce it br9ken down in smaller chunks it be easier. The guy training you may do things harder.

ArmyRover 12-04-2018 10:00 PM

I've been keeping busy chasing down issues on the new to me 90 F150. Its a fun little project to work on and keep me out of trouble

hturner12 12-05-2018 03:10 AM

Army
I got a 90 F250. The bodys are the same. If you dont have it you can get the factory manual on cd for about 35 off ebay. Untill you get yours let me know if you need certain pages.

:-bigparty:-jammin Finally equipment move day. Got to make 2 trips to land today. First to take side by side, then the sawmill. May actually make lumber today. Still have a few tweets on the mods on the mill, but those can be done on the indivudual pieces that are removable.

ChiefM 12-05-2018 03:49 AM

Chasing down issues is not always a fun time, plus Hugh and I are too old and slow to get into trouble!!
I ordered new front shocks for the Lightning so it will have new shocks all the way around. The right front is leaking so it needed to be replaced anyway. I am going to try and pull the truck inside the shop at work and try to knock them out on Friday. We pressed the old crankshaft out of the engine case for the 4 wheeler yesterday and got that half of the engine cleaned up. All of the parts should be in by the end of the week so it can start going back together soon. I think I am going to pull the boat out from under the shelter and cover it with a tarp so I can put the dodge under the shelter and do the heater core replacement this weekend. I hate not having a garage and the darn rain on the weekends.

Weather forecast is showing a chance of snow for us on Monday morning.

The delivery guy they hired for the Rome store worked on Monday and did not come in yesterday, won't answer his phone or return text. Crazy stuff

ArmyRover 12-05-2018 07:47 AM

Most of the issues are just age and hack job repairs. So nothing to difficult or even expensive just time under the hood.

I appreciate the offer on the manual pages. I'll let you know if I hit a road block and need a few.

ChiefM 12-05-2018 09:08 AM

My Lightning has had a funny vibration since I got it so I replaced the u-joints and slip yoke last week. I think the shocks are original so it was time for them to go. The ride is better but I am sure I have a tire with a flat spot. I also have new upper control arms and lower ball joints to install. If the weekend weather would ever cooperate.

Now the Dodge has hack jobs all over it. I would probibly be better off selling it but my wife likes it, 1998 extended cab 4x4 with a 6 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift.
I always seem to be working on something.

ArmyRover 12-05-2018 10:28 AM

I have to do a starter today on my normal daily driver. I think it was feeling left out with all my attention going to the f150