Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

pineconeford 05-30-2019 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Marten (Post 18680966)
I'm a bit confused. There is another thread here that says the PA truck stock is cancelled but there is one in Tennessee. Is the one in Pennsylvania going on?

The other thread was for LAST year's (2018) get-together which was cancelled due to flooding from a leftover hurricane that closed the campground.
Yes, the Pennsylvania one is still planned for this September.
Tom

52 USCG Panel 06-04-2019 02:12 PM

Hey Marten--Just taking this opportunity to send out a belated greeting and a warm welcome to you. We hope you are considering joining us for the Pennsylvania Mountain Truckstock! You could make it with a single big day driving or a more leisurely two day adventure. One of the optional routes I'm considering is to cross into Ontario at Buffalo, and arrive at Truckstock coming from the north passing through Upstate New York. It would be a route similar to what you would take.

I was in your part of the world several years ago--a very beautiful and special place! I believe you get lots of snow, and I would like that. Hope to see you and your hot rod truck (with your brand-new box) at Truckstock. Abe will host a great event for us.

Jim

Marten 06-04-2019 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel (Post 18689263)
Hey Marten--Just taking this opportunity to send out a belated greeting and a warm welcome to you. We hope you are considering joining us for the Pennsylvania Mountain Truckstock! You could make it with a single big day driving or a more leisurely two day adventure. One of the optional routes I'm considering is to cross into Ontario at Buffalo, and arrive at Truckstock coming from the north passing through Upstate New York. It would be a route similar to what you would take.

I was in your part of the world several years ago--a very beautiful and special place! I believe you get lots of snow, and I would like that. Hope to see you and your hot rod truck (with your brand-new box) at Truckstock. Abe will host a great event for us.

Jim

Hi Jim and thanks for this.
The only way the truck would be there is on a trailer or flat bed. I have it apart right now. Long story but will some day have it back together. I have to look but not sure if I made a build thread or not. I get so lost with these forums.
I am not sure if I can make it or not. I am trying to plan some holidays and had two thoughts. One was to go to the nationals in Syracuse, July 19-21 and from there to go Pennsylvania for a week or so. The other thought is, I am planning to go to Mohnton for the NHRA weekend on Sept 12-15. From there spend a week and make it to truck stock for the second weekend.

52 USCG Panel 06-04-2019 08:14 PM

Sorry, I was mistaken in just where you are with your truck. For some reason, I was thinking building your "box" was the last step. I guess i didn't read carefully enough. It sounds like you have some options in play. We'd be glad to meet you with or without your truck.

Jim

Marten 06-05-2019 07:54 PM

All good Jim. Some times I think I am close to getting it going as well but then I see something else I want to change. Sometimes I wish I had a magic wand but I do enjoy the limited time I get to work on the truck.
Marten

52 USCG Panel 06-06-2019 05:17 AM

Being retired is a wonderful thing. Having free time to devote to a project is not a factor. What limits me is a fear of failure, a natural tendency to procrastination, and (mostly) my wife's hesitancy to spend $$.

I'm old and started my project late in life. I knew, given the way I do things, (see above) that I wouldn't have enough active years left to do a proper full blown restoration. The goal was always to get the truck up and driving again as soon as possible. Some short cuts were definitely taken, and as a result, my truck is not nearly as nice, or as "finished", as many on this forum. But it is (God willing) capable of making it to the Pennsylvania Truckstock!

One of these year's you'll get your truck on the road, and I hope our paths meet. In the mean time, good luck with your "box"--It's looking good.

Jim

bobj49f2 06-07-2019 03:01 PM

Abe, do you have a general idea of how many people are attending? I know planning to attend and the actual number are going to be different. As far as I know now we're going to be there but, again, that can change. Even if it's a small number no disappointment for us, I always try to make these trips into adventures to include site seeing and trying to get to historical places and nearby people I know. So far I have visits to two friends incorporated into this trip.

pintoplumber 06-21-2019 11:38 AM

My wife has been wanting a little Tab teardrop camper for a while. With Truckstock coming up, she didn’t like the idea of pulling the big camper with the ‘54. She found one in Delaware and we got it this week. This is what it looks like. Look for it at Truckstock.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...408c3e165.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...a61763ac1.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...186705878.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...08c8f47ea.jpeg
Dennis

pineconeford 06-21-2019 01:58 PM

I like it Dennis....if I bring some lobsters can we cook them on that dual burner stove? :D

Tom

Jafo56 06-21-2019 02:32 PM

I'm not sure I will bring an old truck but I'm definitely driving up for the day on Friday......

pintoplumber 06-21-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by pineconeford (Post 18717316)
I like it Dennis....if I bring some lobsters can we cook them on that dual burner stove? :D

Tom

I’ll bring a pot. I had my 1st lobster in Maine. A buddy of mine lived in Berwick. I told him I can go to a restaurant, nobody knows me up here. He got some at the market and we did them at home. I drove from Lititz to the 1st Cumberland Farms in Maine on one tank of gas. 42 gal suburban.

abe 06-21-2019 02:50 PM

I had my first lobster summer of 1980 at the small community where I was teaching at that time. A recent graduate was stationed in Maine and brought some home. Boy was it good. I haven't had lobster that good since! We Penna Dutchman don't get out much . My parents rarely took us out to eat and for sure we couldn't afford lobster.

abe 06-21-2019 02:52 PM

Dennis, that's a neat little camper and will look good behind your 54! Your wife, as you know by now, is a keeper.

89gtstang 07-08-2019 03:15 PM

Glad to see this is happening this year since cancelled last year. Not sure if I can make it or not. Haven't been on the forums much in the past year or so (or even before that really). I still haven't PA inspected the truck yet. After the first few drives up and down my road I found the Toyota steering box was shot and replacing it would be a pain, looked to find another. instead I just finished installing the CPP 400 box and have yet to test drive it... If all works out and it's good to go by September maybe I can get the wife to do a weekend camping trip :) If not I know the out of town people will enjoy the area! Been to most of those spots camping when my son was in boy scouts.

bobj49f2 07-08-2019 03:34 PM

Abe, do you have an idea of how many people are going to be there? As for us, as of right now we're still planning on being there.