Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

abe 09-12-2019 09:13 PM

Your truck looks great, Tom!

Is that lift in your new garage? Awesome.

52 USCG Panel 09-12-2019 10:17 PM

Tom, I really like how your truck turned out! Nice garage too!! You were able to accomplish a lot in a very short amount of time! Your truck looks like it was actually restored as opposed to just a little cosmetic touch-up here and there (like mine).

We've had some fun promoting Abe's event, haven't we? It's exciting that it's now just about ready to actually happen. I hope everyone comes away from our gathering with fond memories that will stay with them a long time. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your truck and making those memories. Safe travels everyone!

Jim

bobj49f2 09-13-2019 09:31 AM

When I went down to KY in '12 I packed a full tote of parts, tools and supplies, at least everything I could think of.

2 spare wheels and tires
1 generator
1 carburetor (which I ended up having to cannibalize to repair the one on the truck)
1 water pump
5 quart jug of oil
1 gallon of anti-freeze
jumper cables
floor jack and jack stands (which I had to use half way down when my back tire started acting up and I had to stop at a tire shop. They were busy so I had to remove my wheel so they could work on it)
long length of wire
Full tool box
Towing insurance.

pintoplumber 09-14-2019 02:39 PM

Nuts, I went to a car show today and about a mile from home it stuck in 3rd gear. I can’t move the gear shift lever or the arms on the transmission.

abe 09-14-2019 06:18 PM

What the heck is going on here! Are there old Chevy truck demons out and about trying to keep us old Ford truck lovers from meeting? First Tom had problems, then Jim's wipers don't work. Now you're stuck in 3rd gear! Earlier this week I lifted the hood of my 54 to check the oil. The hood went up weird on the driver's side. The back of the hood didn't lift up properly and scratched the cowl in front of the windshield! I looked closer and the upper hinge arm was off and the bolt was missing.

This was the hood hinge pocket where I had to use a nutsert I bought from MidFifty. Apparently the nutsert gave way and the bolt vibrated out. I had other nutserts and other hinge bolts since they came in packs of four, but I decided not to use a flimsy nutsert again. I went to the hardware store and bought a fine thread lock nut.

The previous owner of this hood (I bought it at Carlisle in 1998) had welded nuts on the hood hinge pocket since the originals had broken off. They had cut a hole in the pocket to gain access to that area. So I was able to put this Lock nut into a box wrench, hold it in place and put the shoulder bolt in place and tighten it. But then I couldn't get the box wrench out. So I had to use an open end wrench. I had to tape the nut in place on the wrench. So far it's holding and the hood is going up correctly.

Dennis I hope you can unjam your tranny.

pintoplumber 09-14-2019 06:34 PM

I’m hoping to pull it tomorrow afternoon. We’ll see. I pulled stuff off tonight, it’s draining.

pineconeford 09-14-2019 06:43 PM

I got my brake issue mostly resolved - will work more on it tomorrow.
Busted my windshield wiper arm today - but a friend loaned me one from a 1957 Hillman Husky wagon. It fits but looks odd. At least I'll be able to see out the windshield if it rains during the trip to PA.
I gotta stop touching things on that truck and just drive it.
Tom

pintoplumber 09-14-2019 07:37 PM

I made the ice cream run tonight. Is 3 enough?
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...78b077952.jpeg

abe 09-14-2019 08:05 PM

Three should be enough, Dennis! Thanks.

56panelford 09-14-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by abe (Post 18850455)
Three should be enough, Dennis! Thanks.

You're lucky I'm not coming then...lol

petemcl 09-14-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by pineconeford (Post 18850270)
I got my brake issue mostly resolved - will work more on it tomorrow.
Busted my windshield wiper arm today - but a friend loaned me one from a 1957 Hillman Husky wagon. It fits but looks odd. At least I'll be able to see out the windshield if it rains during the trip to PA.
I gotta stop touching things on that truck and just drive it.
Tom

I think that I remember someone on here saying that wiper arms to Jeep CJs fit. NAPA might have one.

SumDayDryvr 09-15-2019 05:06 PM

Just a quick question. Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn in Milesburg recently? We are booked in for a couple nights and after reading the reviews was wondering if we had made a mistake. Any personal experiences?

abe 09-15-2019 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by SumDayDryvr (Post 18851622)
Just a quick question. Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn in Milesburg recently? We are booked in for a couple nights and after reading the reviews was wondering if we had made a mistake. Any personal experiences?

I know nothing about the quality of the Quality Inn at Milesburg. In Lock Haven, 13 miles away, where I live, is a Fairfield Inn and a Best Western.

SumDayDryvr 09-15-2019 06:02 PM

Thanks Abe. I will be checking them out on line for sure.

abe 09-15-2019 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by SumDayDryvr (Post 18851682)
Thanks Abe. I will be checking them out on line for sure.

Here's the link to the Fairfield inn in Lock Haven. It is just 3 blocks from my house.
https://www.reservationdesk.com/hote...hoCICkQAvD_BwE