Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

pineconeford 10-11-2018 07:44 PM

This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock

This is the place to find info and updates for the Central Pennsylvania Mountain Truckstock that will happen at Bald Eagle State Park in Howard, PA on September 19, 20, 21, 22, 2019.
Keep checking in here for more information.

It will be a blast. Hope you can make it, the more the merrier. Start planning early.

petemcl 10-12-2018 08:18 AM

Hope to be able to make it. That is a great area. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :-X22

abe 10-12-2018 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by pineconeford (Post 18244902)
This is the place to find info and updates for the Central Pennsylvania Mountain Truckstock that will happen at Bald Eagle State Park in Howard, PA on September 19, 20, 21, 22, 2019.
Keep checking in here for more information.
It will be a blast. Hope you can make it, the more the merrier. Start planning early.

Thanks Tom for starting this thread.

Here is the info from the 2018 Central PA Mountain Truckstock.
"As I briefly explained in the Truckstock 2017 thread I am going to host the 2018 Truckstock. We will call it Central PA Mountain Truckstock. It is at the Bald Eagle State Park on September 20 to 23, Thursday thru Sunday.

The Bald Eagle State Park is in Centre County along Route 150 just about 8 miles north of the Milesburg Exit of Interstate 80, Exit 158 and 13 miles south of Lock Haven (Clinton County) where I live. the park is 23 miles north of State College, PA home of Penn State University. The address of the park is: 149 Main Park Road, Howard, PA 16841-3508. Phone: 814-625-2775

It is around a huge lake that was formed when they dammed the Bald Eagle Creek for flood control. So there is some great fishing and water sports here.

The Bald Eagle State Park is unique among the PA State Park system as it has a modern 16 room hotel called The Nature Inn. From their website: "Nestled within the natural beauty of Bald Eagle State Park, in the very center of the state, the Inn combines the comfortable amenities of an inviting bed and breakfast with sweeping views and door-step access to year-round land and water activities. Our walls of windows, huge decks, private balconies, and patios immerse you in nature and provide you with an unequalled natural experience." The link to the Nature Inn page is: Nature Inn

Of course there are also camper hookups, cottages, yurts, and campsites. Here is the link for the camping page: http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/Fi...ages/Stay.aspx

This is a great opportunity for the Mid Atlantic FTE'ers to get together. I have already had verbal commitments from Dennis Pinto Plumber, Bill (halemail), Bob Jones (bobj49f2), and Tom Pineconeford. Plus many of the guys at Truckstock 2017 last week said they will probably come.

Don't register yet, however. I haven't talked to the manager of the park yet. I want to get a reduced rate if I can and let them know what our plans are. I will let you know when to register and what the deadline is. But plan now and save the date!

If you are planning a little vacation around this trip there is a lot to do in PA. Big attractions are Hershey Park, Gettysburg Battlefield, Lancaster County and the PA Dutch and Amish, etc. Locally we have a lot of Amish living here now. There is the Indian Caverns which is seen by boat, the Little League World Series headquarters and museum in Williamsport, The Piper Cub Museum in Lock Haven.

Let me know here is you plan to come and then later as we get closer to the date, let me know when you've registered.

Thanks! I want a lot of trucks and FTE folks here in Central PA!"

Here is the link to the whole thread. It has lots of important information: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-plan-now.html

abe 10-12-2018 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by petemcl (Post 18245558)
Hope to be able to make it. That is a great area. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :-X22

Me too Pete! I'm looking forward to meeting you and lots of other PA, NJ, MD, NY, and Ohio FTErs, not to mention those guys coming from WI and MI.

pineconeford 10-13-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by abe (Post 18246674)
Me too Pete! I'm looking forward to meeting you and lots of other PA, NJ, MD, NY, and Ohio FTErs, not to mention those guys coming from WI and MI.

Hey the New England folks can make it down there too. New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island - it is less than a full day's drive.
Tom

abe 10-13-2018 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by pineconeford (Post 18247567)
Hey the New England folks can make it down there too. New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island - it is less than a full day's drive.
Tom

Absolutely! Didn't mean to omit anyone or any state. But if you are in a neighboring state to PA, no reason not to come.

And to those FTE Maniacs in Maine, like they said on the old game show "Come on down". And the same to the rest of the of New England states. And of course our overseas brethern are invited tko

Gicknordon 10-13-2018 09:11 PM

Ill throw my name in again. I will try and keep that weekend clear to come out and go camping with you guys.

abe 10-13-2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gicknordon (Post 18248289)
Ill throw my name in again. I will try and keep that weekend clear to come out and go camping with you guys.

Sounds great Nick! Can't wait to see your truck.

4tl8ford 10-17-2018 05:25 PM

I'll be there sometime maybe

52 USCG Panel 10-17-2018 06:09 PM

Now Dick that's a start. keep thinking along those lines. And you have a panel truck too.

Jim

abe 10-17-2018 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford (Post 18255520)
I'll be there sometime maybe

Thats great, Dick! The Bald Eagle State Park near Milesburg is not far from Erie. It'd be great to meet you and talk trucks.

pintoplumber 10-21-2018 06:12 PM

Ok. My wife made reservations today. Sycamore loop site 95. Let’s go. Dennis

abe 10-21-2018 06:54 PM

All right! Sounds great.

Who is next?

52 USCG Panel 10-23-2018 02:10 PM

I'm In! I just got off the phone with the reservation people. My reservation is for site 98 for three nights. I'll be close to Dennis and the yurt.

Jim

abe 10-23-2018 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel (Post 18265478)
I'm In! I just got off the phone with the reservation people. My reservation is for site 98 for three nights. I'll be close to Dennis and the yurt.

Jim

Sounds good, Jim! It will great to see you again! Ill mark you down in my book. It turned out good for you this year, didnt it. You couldn't make it, and we had to cancel.

Who's next? We got campsites, a couple cabins, and the Nature Inn if you don't like camping.