Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Private Cash Offer (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1551682-private-cash-offer.html)

BobBarker 08-15-2018 05:16 PM

Private Cash Offer

In the thread that was unceremoniously deleted, one poster mentioned that he called ford customer service inquiring about the $3000 private cash offer currently available. He received one via email the next day. Hopefully, others find this information helpful and it doesn’t offend the moderators delicate sensibilities.

IB Tim 08-15-2018 05:23 PM

Great to read there is a proper way to get this deal, it is always good and required on FTE to be transparent in dealings that uses this site and its members.

Stocks557 08-15-2018 05:35 PM

Previously I have told them not to bother sending me a brochure and waste paper but rather just set up a PCO (I think it was only $750 at the time). The last 3k offer before current round some dealers had the form on their websites to fill out and get you one.

Rtr2017! 08-15-2018 06:23 PM

I tried, all I got over and over from Ford marketing was that they are generated by a third party. It is completely unfair that some are the chosen few to receive, and probably never use. While others that legitimately are about to purchase get nothing.
I’d spend hours on a website at this point just to have a pop up offer, but I’ve given up.

David1986 08-15-2018 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rtr2017! (Post 18142446)
I tried, all I got over and over from Ford marketing was that they are generated by a third party. It is completely unfair that some are the chosen few to receive, and probably never use. While others that legitimately are about to purchase get nothing.
I’d spend hours on a website at this point just to have a pop up offer, but I’ve given up.

I called them as well and they told me the same thing....sorry we have nothing to do with it.

PentaPop 08-15-2018 09:33 PM

Honestly, if I had received one for my truck I probably would have sent shareholder relations an email asking why a customer that has ordered a truck and committed to buying is receiving a discount offer. Shares are under $10 now and Ford management is getting hammered to cut the dividend. IMO, Ford Truck Enthusiasts who have already ordered a truck are the last people who should be getting an offer. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but just speaking as a guy who’s had Ford trucks since he got a license and now counts on that 6% yield.

Boilermaker374 08-15-2018 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by PentaPop (Post 18142845)
Honestly, if I had received one for my truck I probably would have sent shareholder relations an email asking why a customer that has ordered a truck and committed to buying is receiving a discount offer. Shares are under $10 now and Ford management is getting hammered to cut the dividend. IMO, Ford Truck Enthusiasts who have already ordered a truck are the last people who should be getting an offer. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but just speaking as a guy who’s had Ford trucks since he got a license and now counts on that 6% yield.

Never said you wouldn't use it.
:)

PentaPop 08-15-2018 10:33 PM

And there’s a reason for that! :-X0A6

slip knot 08-15-2018 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by PentaPop (Post 18142845)

Send them an email then. I ordered back on july 7 , My PCO came in the mail today. I will be using it too....if delivery happens before 10-1-18.

Flyct 08-15-2018 11:08 PM

Well as a long time shareholder of Ford stock I see things differently. I was able to participate in receiving the $3k PCO and only because of this did I order a 2019 F350 to replace my 2017 F350. This will be my 5th new Ford Truck in 4 years.

Ford is still making a decent profit even with the PCO. I believe the PCO has created sales where there would not have been any otherwise. It did at least in my case.

The big big question for Ford is China. These tariffs and the rising deficit are going to play hell with the US economy.

Hoerfully the 15cent/quarter dividend will remain and stock price does not drop far below $10.

PentaPop 08-16-2018 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Flyct (Post 18142981)
Well as a long time shareholder of Ford stock I see things differently. I was able to participate in receiving the $3k PCO and only because of this did I order a 2019 F350 to replace my 2017 F350. This will be my 5th new Ford Truck in 4 years.

Ford is still making a decent profit even with the PCO. I believe the PCO has created sales where there would not have been any otherwise. It did at least in my case.

The big big question for Ford is China. These tariffs and the rising deficit are going to play hell with the US economy.

Hoerfully the 15cent/quarter dividend will remain and stock price does not drop far below $10.

Were not seeing things differently. Your PCO pushed you over the edge and motivated you to buy. That’s exactly what it’s supposed to do. But when someone who’s already placed the order gets one, it tells me Ford marketing needs to figure out a way to better target their offers. Not disparaging anyone who uses one, I’d have used one too. As a consumer, I would have enjoyed saving the money. As a shareholder, I would have questioned the process. Both of those seem like perfectly reasonable reactions to me.

hula1589 08-16-2018 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by slip knot (Post 18142971)
Send them an email then. I ordered back on july 7 , My PCO came in the mail today. I will be using it too....if delivery happens before 10-1-18.

Who did you email? What email address did you utilize for said offer?

Rtr2017! 08-16-2018 02:19 PM

Here’s another equation with regards to PCO. I’ve been told by Ford Marketing AND the dealer that there’s absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why Joe from Kansas , Bob from Georgia will get a PCO, but they won’t offer them to a zip code in Texas.In other words, it’s at best, a random pop up.
Ford is making millions and millions of their profits on trucks and suv’s. A$3000, $2000, or $1000 PCO is NOT going to affect their profit margin by much. Huge profits are built in to the #1 selling pickup in America.They know exactly how many PCO’s are given out vs how many are redeemed. More than likely, the utilization rate of PCO’s is less than 25%.
I’d bet Ford actually has $45000 or less actual cost into a vehicle with a 59k msrp.
Trust me, they are making hefty profits on virtually everything. A stock price fluctuation is negligible ,at best , with regards to a few hundred thousand dollars in PCO’s. Seriously....PCO’s are less than 1% in marketing costs in all likelihood.

PentaPop 08-16-2018 02:37 PM

Again, I have no problem with the PCO’s. If they get buyers in the door, that’s great. It’s one part of a marketing strategy with a gazillion tentacles.

My point is, offering a rebate to a customer that has a vehicle on order, and in some cases made a deposit, isn’t smart. If it’s only 1% that’s great. If we can pluck 1% here and 1% there, before you know it were moving the P&L needle in the right direction.

Phx Raven 08-16-2018 02:44 PM

Unfortunately I did not get a 3k pco and thus will probably have to wait for better incentives. The offer for me would allow me to buy one sooner while there are more to choose from. Most 2017s in July when I got the offer didn’t have the options or too many options we didn’t want.
I was going to settle for a xlt in July but in the end we were $600 apart and didn’t come to a deal. We walked away but glad we did cause in the end we want a lariat.