Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   Need more PM space (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1551360-need-more-pm-space.html)

wikel 08-13-2018 08:22 AM

Need more PM space

Admin(s),

Could I please get more PM space since I've got a lot of them going in and out helping others get private cash offer codes?

Thanks!

Stewart_H 08-13-2018 01:51 PM

It cannot be done individually, but if you subscribe to one of the premium plans, one of the benefits is having an expanded PM inbox. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/payments.php

Stewart

wikel 08-14-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 18138088)
It cannot be done individually, but if you subscribe to one of the premium plans, one of the benefits is having an expanded PM inbox. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/payments.php

Stewart

I'm literally handing out hundreds of 3k discount for trucks and youre hitting me for a premium plan ?

BobBarker 08-14-2018 03:30 PM

They should comp you. But I will send you $20 paypal for your membership.

wikel 08-14-2018 04:18 PM

Bob,

Please don't. I've run board like this and before and giving someone a membership should be simple. I'd guess giving out $300,000 in discounts might not be enough though.

IB Tim 08-14-2018 04:38 PM

Usually someone with so few of posts has something really good to sell.(needing more PM space) ....what are you selling it has got to be good :)

Originally Posted by wikel (Post 18137410)
Admin(s),

Could I please get more PM space since I've got a lot of them going in and out helping others get private cash offer codes?

Thanks!

wikel 08-14-2018 07:12 PM

I'm selling free access to the 3,000 private cash offer and filling out the form so people can save some $ :) hook me up to help others lol

Stewart_H 08-15-2018 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by wikel (Post 18140368)
I'm literally handing out hundreds of 3k discount for trucks and youre hitting me for a premium plan ?

Wait....what? I'm hitting you up? Say what? How the heck do you think I'm making any money from this? Get this straight, I'm not hitting you up for jack didley squat and I make no money for being a moderator. You asked a question and since I knew the answer, I tried to help you by answering it. If you really think us mods make any money from IB for helping to moderate this forum, you're completely wrong and in error.

Originally Posted by wikel (Post 18140786)
I'm selling free access to the 3,000 private cash offer and filling out the form so people can save some $ :) hook me up to help others lol

You have got to be kidding me. You figure out a way to obtain PCO's from Ford and instead of posting the info for all to see, for any to use, you force people to PM you for it? Why? Just post the info in the open.

Stewart

wikel 08-15-2018 12:42 PM

Stewart,

I think you are getting confused...

1. I'm asking for more PM room to help people with the offer. The response I got was to pay for a subscription. That seems harsh since I'm helping hundreds of people and this PM limit is a pain in the ass.
2. You might want to check yourself before you attack me on the second point. Let me make this very clear... YOU CANNOT SHARE THE LINK, IT IS NOT SHAREABLE. Maybe you (being a super genius) can figure it out for yourself and find a way to share it but somehow I doubt that on the first count.

Now my PM access is basically restricted and I cannot answer PMs. Guess I'm done on this forum for now and I'll let everyone know.

Thanks

IB Tim 08-15-2018 02:09 PM

So putting/sending it in a PM is not sharing....I am confused ....?

BTW no one is attaching you .......

Originally Posted by wikel (Post 18142006)
Stewart,

I think you are getting confused...

1. I'm asking for more PM room to help people with the offer. The response I got was to pay for a subscription. That seems harsh since I'm helping hundreds of people and this PM limit is a pain in the ass.
2. You might want to check yourself before you attack me on the second point. Let me make this very clear... YOU CANNOT SHARE THE LINK, IT IS NOT SHAREABLE. Maybe you (being a super genius) can figure it out for yourself and find a way to share it but somehow I doubt that on the first count.

Now my PM access is basically restricted and I cannot answer PMs. Guess I'm done on this forum for now and I'll let everyone know.

Thanks

Alaskan_Warbird 08-15-2018 02:37 PM

Mr. Wikel isn't sharing the link in PM's with others. As I understand it, he's taking everyone's PII (personally identifiable information) and entering it on their behalf into whatever online form/URL he says is unsharable, and then those people in turn get the official PCO from Ford. At best, Ford is happy and okay with this practice. At worst, Ford's targeted advertising and marketing system they've put into place is being bypassed in ways they might not want and this would then approach being fraudulent. But as a self-described 'IT business owner', Mr. Wikel is likely aware of all this.

If it were me, I'd be interested in knowing:
  1. Why all the cloak & dagger crap is actually necessary?
  2. How does Ford view this practice?

We should all aim to keep things as aboveboard as possible. While I do appreciate the amazing offer of help, this entire thing unfortunately doesn't appear to achieve that goal. That said, I don't represent Ford Motor Co., Mr. Wikel, nor FTE, and this ain't my dog & pony show. Cheers.

wikel 08-15-2018 02:39 PM

Tim,
They are sending me their info so I can complete the form. A direct link such as https://ford-offer.com/offerx&123 is not an option anymore and I won't go into details in a public forum. So I'm having to proxy the information in on their behalf. Hence the need for more space to not have to micro manage my storage. Instead of getting space, I now have zero. I'll continue my assistance somewhere else if that's how helping the members out is appreciated.

Also might be a good idea to attitude check your moderators on speaking to things that they do not understand. I know this is a busy forum but replying to a member with "are you freaking kidding me" is not a way a moderator should be conducting themselves. Giving the impression like I don't understand what I'm talking about... well let's just say I'd bet I'm way beyond Mister Stewart level of understanding on this specific topic. I've spent time on this and another member as well to assist those in need for basically no value. Up my group membership and then take it away in 30 days, I don't really care. What I care about is I've had a small PM bucket and a restricted send timeout counter basically making it difficult to help other members. Now I have ZERO PM bucket and I'd recommend members go over to the f150forum.com site where my account is not restricted to request and offer.

Cheers

wikel 08-15-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird (Post 18142149)
Mr. Wikel isn't sharing the link in PM's with others. As I understand it, he's taking everyone's PII (personally identifiable information) and entering it on their behalf into whatever online form/URL he says is unsharable, and then those people in turn get the official PCO from Ford. At best, Ford is happy and okay with this practice. At worst, Ford's targeted advertising and marketing system they've put into place is being bypassed in ways they might not want and this would then approach being fraudulent. But as a self-described 'IT business owner', Mr. Wikel is likely aware of all this.

If it were me, I'd be interested in knowing:
  1. Why all the cloak & dagger crap is actually necessary?
  2. How does Ford view this practice?

We should all aim to keep things as aboveboard as possible. While I do appreciate the amazing offer of help, this entire thing unfortunately doesn't appear to achieve that goal. That said, I don't represent Ford Motor Co., Mr. Wikel, nor FTE, and this ain't my dog & pony show. Cheers.

I will not disclose what has to be done to make this work. The technology implementation using javascript is crap because it doesn't work on most mobile devices, nor a number of browsers anymore. Poor technology choice is not a control and this was to help others that were pulling their hair out trying to get the offer to actually popup without having to sacrifice chickens during a full moon. There is nothing wrong with what is being done and I'm able to use the standard interface to create these offers for people. You sure seem to like sticking your nose into this because this isn't the first time we've butted heads on the subject. Smells like I'm being trolled. Like I want to go through 200+ of these at this point and copy paste all those times and respond with what their code was.

Alaskan_Warbird 08-15-2018 02:48 PM

You didn't answer question 2.

IB Tim 08-15-2018 02:59 PM

The way that you are going about this is underhanded......contact Ford and ask them if you can continue using your stated approach.
Your statement "A direct link such as https://ford-offer.com/offerx&123 is not an option anymore and I won't go into details in a public forum" if you are doing this legal and legit...open forum is the way to be transparent.
Internet-brands.com also owns f150forum.com
....your avatar is priceless and goes to how you think you are covert in your actions !

As soon as you receive information from Ford about this, contact me at tim.lamkin@internetbrands.com we can discus your reinstatement ......until then you will not have access on FTE.