Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Next major new body design for F150? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1547422-next-major-new-body-design-for-f150.html)

CuNmUdF250 07-11-2018 04:00 PM

Next major new body design for F150?

Sorry no pic here (clickbait :D). My thread title was really more a question, is there any word of of redesign for the F150. Seeing how it shares the the cab with the new Superduty and it’s previous offering ran from ‘99-‘16 are we only gonna see modest changes like grilles and tailgates for the next 15 years?

Wiggums 07-11-2018 06:11 PM

That's the way it has always been. Usually about 10 years or so. That's why it's got great resale value, we don't have to worry about driving something that's outdated.

CR172 07-11-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wiggums (Post 18082493)
That's the way it has always been. Usually about 10 years or so. That's why it's got great resale value, we don't have to worry about driving something that's outdated.

HA. As with anything and everything, as soon as you bought it, it's outdated. Everything in and on Best Buy's shelves at this moment are outdated. That's the way tech works.

Wiggums 07-11-2018 07:04 PM

Hardly, my friend. Ford F-150 buyers aren't looking for glitter, we just want something that's long term and reliable.

Why fix it when it ain't broke?

87YJ 07-11-2018 08:37 PM

I've been watching this. (Just bought a 2018 :-X06) Looks like 2021 would be the next major refresh for the F-150 if Ford sticks to the schedule.

Midnightmoon 07-11-2018 08:56 PM

I plan on getting another new one in 2020 if all goes well. At this point, other than a color change or two, I can't think of one single thing that I would want them to redesign. I understand that they have to keep moving forward with innovation, but these things are just really well thought out as is.

CuNmUdF250 07-11-2018 09:10 PM

The Superduty ran 17 years without much aesthetic changes, the F150 has had major revisions since the bean looking ones that debuted in the late ‘90s to the change in ‘04 then again in ‘09 then again in ‘15. Historically speaking they are due for a significant change in about ‘20-‘21 I just don’t see that happening as it’s tethered to the Superduty platform now :confused:

GABAR 07-12-2018 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 (Post 18082341)
Sorry no pic here (clickbait :D). My thread title was really more a question, is there any word of of redesign for the F150. Seeing how it shares the the cab with the new Superduty and it’s previous offering ran from ‘99-‘16 are we only gonna see modest changes like grilles and tailgates for the next 15 years?

I`ve also heard that 2020 will be the year for the new/redesigned F150.

Wiggums 07-12-2018 08:22 AM

It will more likely keep the doors the same, just the front and, maybe, the back.

GlueGuy 07-12-2018 09:14 AM

If they were to change anything, I would like the front fenders to "roll off" more to make the viewing over the edges a little easier. If they can do that without making it look like Dodge ...

CR172 07-12-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wiggums (Post 18082564)
Hardly, my friend. Ford F-150 buyers aren't looking for glitter, we just want something that's long term and reliable.

Why fix it when it ain't broke?

Aren't looking for glitter? REALLY???? Then how come the Platinum is not the top dog? Why the need for a limited? Yes, "my friend", F150 owners ARE looking for glitter.

smokewagun 07-12-2018 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by CR172 (Post 18083486)
Aren't looking for glitter? REALLY???? Then how come the Platinum is not the top dog? Why the need for a limited? Yes, "my friend", F150 owners ARE looking for glitter.

I agree that the majority of the F150's on the road are weekend warrior grocery getters that are outfitted as personal statements of identity. While certain areas prove the XLT to be the top seller, others prove Platinums or such are top sellers in that local.

Whatever the trim, you'd better get them now. Tesla plans to kill the F-Series soon with his new truck. While I admire Musk's tenacity, he has no idea what the F150 is, and he won't live long enough to experience that dream. While the EcoBoost WAS a hard pill to swallow for some, an electric truck with range, capacity, and built for work, isn't likely to make it to the table, let alone be produced at the rate of 5,000 per day. Still, y'all better get your F-150 glitter rigs now.

Wiggums 07-12-2018 12:03 PM

When I said glitter, I meant having the latest, leasing the newest, going in debt to get the latest.

Overall, only 22% of Fords are leased while most BMW's and Benzes are leased because their dumb ass owners want the latest and can't afford it.

I bought my XLT because it was the most versatile with 4x4 and excellent resale value. It's still going to look good 10 years later, why bother? That's stupid.

Wiggums 07-12-2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by smokewagun (Post 18083692)
Whatever the trim, you'd better get them now. Tesla plans to kill the F-Series soon with his new truck. While I admire Musk's tenacity, he has no idea what the F150 is, and he won't live long enough to experience that dream. While the EcoBoost WAS a hard pill to swallow for some, an electric truck with range, capacity, and built for work, isn't likely to make it to the table, let alone be produced at the rate of 5,000 per day. Still, y'all better get your F-150 glitter rigs now.

Tesla's range was the deal-killer for me. Then there's the matter of having to wait to get it recharged. Even if the F-150 was priced the same as my 2016, I wouldn't bite. Also, Tesla is going to have a hard time getting the minerals to create more batteries and it'll become saturated. Also, other manufacturers are getting in the game. Honestly, I don't see myself driving battery-powered trucks even 20 years later. I didn't want the Ecoboost in 2012 and didn't want it again. I can't justify spending thousands more since I drive so little.

smokewagun 07-12-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wiggums (Post 18083700)
When I said glitter, I meant having the latest, leasing the newest, going in debt to get the latest.

Overall, only 22% of Fords are leased while most BMW's and Benzes are leased because their dumb ass owners want the latest and can't afford it.

I bought my XLT because it was the most versatile with 4x4 and excellent resale value. It's still going to look good 10 years later, why bother? That's stupid.

Ah, I see what you meant. I'm in my first XLT since 1979. 😳 While I wish I had memory seats, folding mirrors, and LED headlights, I see no reason I will have to go back to a King Ranch until I'm ready to retire and put less than 45-50k a year. With two kids going to college soon, I'm not laying any bets on a higher trim truck anytime before the sales of Honda Ridgeline's tops the F-150.