Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   No click, no crank no start (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1543858-no-click-no-crank-no-start.html)

Krdiesel06 06-12-2018 10:34 PM

No click, no crank no start

05 f350 6.0 4x4
no click
No crank
no fuel pump sound or fuel injector buzz. No lights on dash and won't connect to scanner or diagnostics scanner .
Pcm good,ficm good, no frayed wires and all fuses and relays good. Fuse box and wires behind fuse box good. Ignition switch is good however if you have a good running 6.0 and unplug your ignitiom switch you will have my same symptoms.
Has aftermarket alarm.
And was leaning to finding out to disable it if indeed it may have enabled and shut down. Or any other pointers would be good.
Already checked wiring and fan plug.

seville009 06-13-2018 03:11 AM

You don’t mention the battery, so have to ask - did you check that?

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 08:57 AM

Batteries and connections good

Yes. Batteries good, all connections are good.

DogRidesInBack 06-13-2018 09:10 AM

Alarm system sounds like a good bet.

Hopefully you have documentation, and can determine that you do have power into it where it should be hot and no power coming out where it should. And verify its grounds too as that could also prevent it from releasing.

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 10:12 AM

Removing and replacing alarm.

I wonder if having the alarm professionally removed and installed a new alarm fix my problem. I've lived literally ruled out everything but.

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Krdiesel06;18034676]I wonder if having the alarm professionally removed and installed a new alarm fix my problem. I've lived literally ruled out everything but. I've heard one person say that his wires on the tow haul on the shifter have caused problems before will check those bars before I get someone out here for the alarm/QUOTE]

texastech_diesel 06-13-2018 12:41 PM

Does it spin over on the bypass wire? That will at least rule out mechanical issues, and narrow it down to where the problem is mostly likely somewhere in the PCM/alarm wiring harness.

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 12:47 PM

Starter spins

Yes. Starter works with lead wire and PCM is good it starts my other truck just fine and so does the ficm on my other truck. I've disconnected my fuse box on my other good truck and put the fuse box in this truck and it makes no difference. If you unplug the ignition switch you will have the same symptoms I do on the truck that's not running. Once you unplugged the ignition switch you will see that you get no lights on the dash no click no crank no scanner connection. So I've narrowed it down to either a wire coming from or to the ignition switch that is not getting power or ground whether it be the alarm I don't know.

speakerfritz 06-13-2018 01:42 PM

put a code scanner on it and check for codes.

I had this exact problem on my 6.4 and the scanner said open on egt#3. I went down and checked it and the connector somehow came off. had to plug it back in, then run the codes clear button on my scanner. not saying yours is also egt#3, just saying get a code scanner and check your codes.

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 02:18 PM

Can not connect

Truck scan gauge. Scanner can not connect nor can the snap on scanner

DogRidesInBack 06-13-2018 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Krdiesel06 (Post 18035096)
Truck scan gauge. Scanner can not connect nor can the snap on scanner

Do they work on your other truck? And I'm assuming the two trucks are very similar.

Krdiesel06 06-13-2018 06:03 PM

Yes

Yes trucks are the same. Scanners work on the good truck .until I unplug ignition switch. Then I get same symptoms.

DogRidesInBack 06-13-2018 06:44 PM

I would still get out my voltmeter and verify it is the alarm system.

If so, assuming you can find the installation instructions on-line, cut it out and jumper around it.

Krdiesel06 06-19-2018 11:17 PM

Solved

We have owned this truck almost 4 yrs now. I removed the crappy spider web of an alarm and noticed that there were wires tied into the fuse box plugs in back of fuse box. More specifically a wire tied into the relay wire on #302 . Followed it to a toggle switch well hidden and bypassed the switch and it turned on the dash lights and all components(fuel injectors buzzed and fuel pump sounded off) Truck finally fired up. Guess it was in the on position this whole time and finally failed taking us for a loop because we didn't even know it existed.

leardvr 06-20-2018 11:41 AM

Have you had any issues prior - like the c/c not working, the wipers only working on high, or windows some times not working? I ask because my 6.8L did similar type things and is was the fuse block under the dash itself. It looked good but when I pulled it out it was full of water and had shorted out. The final blow was when the truck started cranking on its own with out the key in the ignition. I do not have any alarm systems. Just my $.02

There are post on here about leaky windshield syndrome.